• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Thanks, Crusayer!

Matches to be played:
- Yamada vs. Jam Stunna (losers finals, 3 out of 5)
- Ophy vs. Darky-Sama (grand finals, 3 out of 5)
Excellent. Let me know when you're ready, Yamada. I'm available anytime.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I guess I should start learning a secondary in case my makoto isn't available -_______-.

First time I played around 4 hours of noel since I bought CS1. I have no idea what kind of oki noel even has lol. Though I'm sort of happy I still knew how to pull off a 6k combo in a tournament match \o/.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
CS1 Makoto is more fun than CSII Makoto.

buuuuuuuuut

While I really miss flying all over the place, at least now I don't have fagg0ts with 1-frame dp/overheads/infinite range pokes that are safe on block/whiff and hit for all my health.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't either, at first (and that's something coming from a rachel main) but then I took time to play it and realized it's actually much better.

Lambda doesn't need 6c wallbounce. You just need to learn her new midscreen combos, which are much more fun and are just a much more fluid representation of the character/her playstyle.

Despite still getting owned by 2d spamming noels and makotos who still use cs1 combos, overall it's a much better game imo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Really though, if I could have bits of CS1, like the faster 5D for Noel and wallbouncing 6C for Lambda, and I'd be happy.

I also miss the fact that winning with Noel took skill.

You still need skill to win with Noel. While many will disagree and there's now an emergence of spammy bandwagoners, I'll defend it, maan.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
CS2 is a much better game.

And no, they shouldn't give Noel her faster drive moves back. Not even a little bit. What they need to do is nerf her damage. Literally, I didn't have to learn anything in CS1, except how to press drive at the right time, especially 5D. It was only towards the latter half of the CS1 era that I actually started using Noel's normals. So, that should tell you something.

People who don't like CS2 don't like it because it's a harder game.

I guess I should start learning a secondary in case my makoto isn't available -_______-.

First time I played around 4 hours of noel since I bought CS1. I have no idea what kind of oki noel even has lol. Though I'm sort of happy I still knew how to pull off a 6k combo in a tournament match \o/.
After a combo ending in an air hit d.5C, cancel into 236B, it will wiff, but you will still recover before your opponent, allowing you do go for more pressure or mixup. After a combo ending in j.D, you can recover and use 662B to attempt a crossunder. After a Bloom Trigger/Spring Raid/Assault Through connects, use Optic Barrel at the appropriate distance to force them to block on wakeup.

/don't judge my online noel, i'm actually good at this irl

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, I suppose that my dislike stems from my lack of a ton of playtime/relearning the game, unlike CS1 where I played all the freaking time. I might as well give it a second shot.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
lol cs1 was s***. the only thing i want from CS1 is tagers better combo damage, 2C > 4D, and 6C > Astral.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
After a combo ending in an air hit d.5C, cancel into 236B, it will wiff, but you will still recover before your opponent, allowing you do go for more pressure or mixup. After a combo ending in j.D, you can recover and use 662B to attempt a crossunder. After a Bloom Trigger/Spring Raid/Assault Through connects, use Optic Barrel at the appropriate distance to force them to block on wakeup.

/don't judge my online noel, i'm actually good at this irl
I don't know what kind of combos there are that end with d.5C or j.D since every noel I've seen can end it with a bloom trigger / spring raid o_O. I'm more around looking at corner oki. I'm not sure why jp noels do a j.5A after knockdown.

I also have no idea how the tager match up goes with any character :s.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't know what kind of combos there are that end with d.5C or j.D since every noel I've seen can end it with a bloom trigger / spring raid o_O. I'm more around looking at corner oki. I'm not sure why jp noels do a j.5A after knockdown.

I also have no idea how the tager match up goes with any character :s.
Well, you can end your combo early for oki. Basically, you're going to sacrifice damage for oki, which is usually how it works. So, any combo that ends in something like j.D > 6D > 5D > 5C > whatever, you can drop it there for oki options. Likewise with j.D. Keep in mind that you shouldn't do these things all the time though, try to mix up your gimmicks. Noel gets lots of damage off of being random.

For the corner... um, air throw if they empty jump out. They will always try to do this because no one wants to be counterhit by Noel's drive in the corner. j.4D if your opponent is in the corner works amazingly well. Those aren't really oki options though. Noel's oki sucks because it is pretty much non-existent. Like, seriously, none at all. :I

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Silly netplay matches, baiting everthing with Tao's Astral. :3

Whenever I'm not playing like an idiot anways.

I sometimes stop trying to even land combos and just see how long they will let me pull off silly Tao Shenanigans.

2A all day. :3

Stupid stuff works too well, I can't stop useing it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, you can end your combo early for oki. Basically, you're going to sacrifice damage for oki, which is usually how it works. So, any combo that ends in something like j.D > 6D > 5D > 5C > whatever, you can drop it there for oki options. Likewise with j.D. Keep in mind that you shouldn't do these things all the time though, try to mix up your gimmicks. Noel gets lots of damage off of being random.

For the corner... um, air throw if they empty jump out. They will always try to do this because no one wants to be counterhit by Noel's drive in the corner. j.4D if your opponent is in the corner works amazingly well. Those aren't really oki options though. Noel's oki sucks because it is pretty much non-existent. Like, seriously, none at all. :I

Yeah, Noel really does benefit a lot from being random in this game. Which is probably why she's a fit for me. And of course, if you're good enough at messing with people, you can throw them off by ending the combo with an Assault Through. Or, I sometimes find if the combo's not going the way you want, you can bail with a 4D.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, Noel really does benefit a lot from being random in this game. Which is probably why she's a fit for me. And of course, if you're good enough at messing with people, you can throw them off by ending the combo with an Assault Through. Or, I sometimes find if the combo's not going the way you want, you can bail with a 4D.
What? No, I disagree completely.

You can end a drive blockstring with Assault Through, because your opponent with either get a shoulder in the face or it will break their last primer if they're not paying attention. However, it only has invincibility frames at the beginning, so any opponent worth his salt with just throw you out of it if they expect it. It's slower than it looks. And I would only ever end a combo with it for positioning purposes, like, oh shizz, I want your body in the corner now.

Also, I would never bail with a d.4D. That's suicide. It's slow as hell, -26, and there's a good chance that your opponent will recover before you. It's even more unsafe on block because it's only invincible above Noel's knees, so your opponent can just throw out a low, and you're toast. At least end a drive combo with 236A, and you have another chance to mix up your opponent safely.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Wait, what? I said Assault Through was good for messing people as in when they totally don't expect it. Most people online will fall for an Assault Through one because they're like "nobody does Assault Through enders". How someone's going to think matters more than how many start-up frames something has sometimes. If people are expecting a fast 236A or a Bloom ender, they're going to block accordingly. Yes, it has slow startup, but when they're not expecting it, it works perfectly well because they'll 9 times out of 10 miss the window because of what they're expecting to happen.

Now, as for dashing 4D as an approach? Yeah, that's tricky, risky, and maybe a little suicidal if they figure out what you're doing, but it's oddly enough worked plenty of times. That, and I've been trying to experiment as many ways as I can with making Noel's Astral viable and applicable in as many situations as possible.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, well. If we're talking netplay tactics, then yeah. Everyone falls for that stuff because you can't react to it. I was talking about offline Noel. Two very different things. :3c

And Noel's astral is completely viable anyway. And it combos off of everything.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You can still make offline people fall for online tactics. The thing is just...you have to work at it a lot more, I've noticed. And the lack of lag obviously changes some things up.

As for Noel's Astral? Yeah, it combos and counters a lot of things. I'm just trying to find hidden uses/gems with it, to try and innovate something. That being said, using it to counter Carnage Scissors IS pretty satisfying. Especially when it would mean death for you if it hit.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jin and rachel's astrals aren't viable. :c

Jin's is a total online tactic lolol.
Rachel can be hit out of hers at any point before she starts to glow and it only combos if you preemptively expect someone to get hit by george and start the attack right as he's starting to go off. Which will obviously never happen in a real match.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You can still make offline people fall for online tactics. The thing is just...you have to work at it a lot more, I've noticed. And the lack of lag obviously changes some things up.

As for Noel's Astral? Yeah, it combos and counters a lot of things. I'm just trying to find hidden uses/gems with it, to try and innovate something. That being said, using it to counter Carnage Scissors IS pretty satisfying. Especially when it would mean death for you if it hit.
Don't try working on online tactics offline, it's going to be a bad habit.
You'll begin to focus less on fundamentals and more on just hoping the player messed up instead.

And losing that one tourney match should've taught you the valuable lesson on just finishing the opponent off instead of ending it with an astral just because you can.

And again, that guy shouldn't have done a random Carnage Scissors.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah...in actual offline play, I try to take the finish any way I can. Online is more for trying new things out and experimenting to build on my knowledge. Offline? If I can win by doing the exact same corner combo 5 times, then well...I'll probably do it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm of the belief every move has a good use for it where it is an effective tool. It's just...some moves have more uses and common situations than others, but I don't think any move or attack is ever 'useless'.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm of the belief every move has a good use for it where it is an effective tool. It's just...some moves have more uses and common situations than others, but I don't think any move or attack is ever 'useless'.
n to infinity

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's good online or against scrubs, but that doesn't really count. Offline, if you've conditioned your opponent not to expect it, good for you, you might hit with it once.

Assault Through has its uses, but that doesn't make it good. It's slow, easy to see, easily punished and unsafe, and it doesn't even do chip damage. It is definitely not a good move. I'm not saying that it's useless, but Noel has better, safer tools than it that can be applied for the same shenanigans.

Turazrok

Smash Master
CS1 sucked because rachel got nerfed but was gdlk because hazama playable.

Deuces.

Top Bottom