• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The lag makes a big difference, yes.

If I can't do any of my Mu combos online when I can offline with no trouble whatsoever, I take that to mean online is bad.

edit: But then again, if you never play anything else, you probably wouldn't know the difference.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I mostly play online and the difference is noticable whenever I go to training mode.

I don't think online is terrible though, I rarely run into truely unplayable matches. There can be some bad input lag but the matches are usually pretty smooth outside of that.

Though when it gets choppy, trying to do anything with Tao is :urg:.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You can easily bullcrap your way with Tao though.

Those jabs...

It's kinda funny looking when a Tao plays around with you. I messed around with a Smasher I wanted to introduce this to and he asked if Tao was banned because she has 'global planking'.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, Tao can easily mess around, it's probably how she should have played if she didn't keep on finding silly loops. :/

But choppy lag can really mess up my drive cancels and that really messes with me.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'd just say there's more fluency offline. There's just a slight delay online that can cause combo drops at times. Once you apply things to muscle memory from training mode, you have to play online and practice it there too.

Even a fraction of a second of delay can change how a match can go. Tager for example, doing his command grab without much difficulty can be seen as a result of it. Good players can do it on command offline, but even terrible players can rotate a control stick in delay and somehow make it work without jumping.

Offline is more of a challenge since you don't have to worry about good players getting screwed over for random combo drops. rofl.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You can easily bullcrap your way with Tao though.

Those jabs...

It's kinda funny looking when a Tao plays around with you. I messed around with a Smasher I wanted to introduce this to and he asked if Tao was banned because she has 'global planking'.
Global Planking's my new favourite term now.

And I agree with random online combos drops sucking. I mean, when I'm doing the 66C(2)>6C part of a combo in the corner and because of lag they hit the ground between 6C's, it gets kinda...yeah... :urg:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i never played offliene against somebody.it's really that diferent?besides the lag,of course.
Well, the lag really does affect many other factors. Online makes me play differently because of that, and I don't mean just combos.
I can't rely on my reactions as much, my timing will be off for meaties and punishing rolls, Instant Blocking normals is out of the question, and I have to be aware of online tactics.

In a regular match, I can react to overheads and even throw Noel out of moves that shouldn't work in the first place like assault through.
Online I just end up trying to learn their blockstring so I can guess when to block overheads and mash 2A to avoid "online" frame traps (I'm looking at you Noel and Makoto).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ Ditto. :3c

Not being able to instant block online is a huge deal too. Without it i can never get out of makoto's pressure. e_e

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yamada wins in a dominant performance, 3-1. Good games, your Carl was too much for me.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just did one and after guessing 4 times he still hadn't guessed right.

i'm too good at this.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Congratulations Yamada!

You are the winner of the PS3 tournament!

Results:
1. Yamada
2. Minato
3. Jam Stunna
4. Crusayer
5. Lythium
5. LivewiresXe
7. Kuraudo
7. Raziek
9. Rutger
9. Smooth Criminal
9. Werekill

Bracket:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Congrats Yamada!

Did some tao challenges.
Stopped at the almost becoming two one because i doubt i'll ever be using that in the matches where i feel like trolling with tao.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think they look wonky. :(

And why do they make you start it with two 2a's? Nobody would spend 50 meter on that much proration unless it might kill the opponent...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think they look wonky. :(

And why do they make you start it with two 2a's? Nobody would spend 50 meter on that much proration unless it might kill the opponent...
Hit confirm I guess?

In a real match you wouldn't want both 2a's, but Dustloop says you can get up to about 4.8k to 5.3k off of one 2a and the right combo. That's good damage for something so easy to land imo.

Whenever I do learn the combo I would probably save the meter for a kill more often than not anyways, I like having the counter assult or reversal super to get out of pressure.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
Good Games to the people I played. Hopefully we can have some friendlies going on. Btw Nice Litchi you got there Jam.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Thanks, she still has a long way to go. I haven't really put in the time to learn her CS2 combos. But should I even bother since CS2 Plus has already been announced? Anyway, congratulations!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Part of playing Hakumen is turtling for meter. You'll just have to get used to that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Congrats Yamada. Good job. Always good to know the guy who takes you out wins, lol.

Also, so I got a stick last night and it's cool but kind of a strange thing. Like, the buttons on it are SO sensitive as opposed to the pad buttons. I'll sometimes be hovering my fingers over a button and barely touch it to realize it's gone off. Of course, it's been making 22BBBBBBC and Lambda's whole 5Cx8 thing much easier. That being said, it's a bit strange that I've been having trouble doing stuff with Noel that I had no problem with before, such as Fenrir, lol.

Oddly enough, I'm having a much easier time doing things with Lambda and am doing things on the stick that I couldn't do on pad, haven't seen how it'll affect Makoto though. So I guess what I'm curious about is, is there a good character to mess around with just while you're learning to get used to stick?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
so im playing blazblue again and got a question about hakumen:

does any1 know any comobos with him that dont use any magatama?
Yes. But they're generally difficult, and won't do much damage.

Ground strings:
2a > 5a > 5b -> [combo]
5a > 5b -> [combo]
2a > 2b -> [combo]

Combo:
[starter] -> 5a > 6a > 5a > j.2a > AD j.2a > j.C
[starter] -> 2c > sj.2a > j.2c > 2c > j.2a > delay j.2a > AD j.2a > j.C > 5c > 3c (corner only)

Honestly, you're better off learning his combos that use stars, in my opinion.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Exactly, he's an extremely defensive character.

Learn to turtle, poke, and block. Build solid fundamentals with Hakumen, and you'll be all good.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Exactly, he's an extremely defensive character.

Learn to turtle, poke, and block. Build solid fundamentals with Hakumen, and you'll be all good.
im still learning him. still getting used to the number system that tells u what way the control stick is. and it's even tougher since in playing on the xbox. so i gotta convert the # to a direction and the letter to a button on the xbox controller haha.

still, im used to playing ssbm a lot so i find myself pressing l trigger when landing after doing an aerial XD. any1 else agree that 4C or 6C on hakumen is just generally a great poke ability?

Top Bottom