• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
starting blood kain that late in a combo seems questionable. :S
I agree.

By the time I reach Blood Kain in the combo I'm at about 3,000+ damage or so already. Whether it turns out to be practical or not, so long as I know it works or not. :o
Eh, from what I gather, a Blood Kain combo should do at least 5 to 6k. That combo uses all your meter, and doesn't seem that good.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, okay, that makes sense. You're still smarter than me on that. Hell, at first I thought 236C was just a normal dash follow she could do, with someone doing like something B.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
236a is the dash type move.
crosses up when you're close to your opponent.
I use it mainly to get out of the corner.
Like 2a > 2b > 236a

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Say, you guys remember that 95+ pound 32' HDTV I picked up late June that I was all happy about and was a hell of an effort to move? Well...guess what decided to go to a white screen out of nowhere when I was playing Killzone 3 and as of me typing this doesn't work?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Say, you guys remember that 95+ pound 32' HDTV I picked up late June that I was all happy about and was a hell of an effort to move? Well...guess what decided to go to a white screen out of nowhere when I was playing Killzone 3 and as of me typing this doesn't work?
Aw, sorry to hear that. I have bad luck with TVs too. Every one of my TVs have had some sort of problem.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Speaking of Lambda, more stuff I was practicing last night:

236C > Rapid > 236A > 214A > Multiple options after Gravity Seed.
Normally, Lambda will move behind the opponent with 236A after the wall bounce, so be ready to do the input in reverse so it doesn't register as another Act Parser.

236C > 6DD > 2DD > j.214D > Rapid > 5DD > 236C > Dash > 2C > j.214D / whatever.
[Alternative]
236C > Dash > 2DD > j.214D > Rapid > 5DD > 236C > Dash > 2C > j.214D / whatever.
The main reason for these two were to stress out the 2DD > jump canceled j.214D. It's a nice way to set up a basic corner combo (due to hitstun deterioration) or Crescent Saber loop.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
darky-sama,im online right now.

Speaking of Lambda, more stuff I was practicing last night:

236C > Rapid > 236A > 214A > Multiple options after Gravity Seed.
Normally, Lambda will move behind the opponent with 236A after the wall bounce, so be ready to do the input in reverse so it doesn't register as another Act Parser.
[/I]
it doesnt need a rapid neither a 214A.you can just do that:236C>dash>214A.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That sucks. I tried to play on pad the other day for laughs, and I couldn't do anything.

Question for Tsubaki players.

I'm trying to learn IAD j.CC combos. Is it just me or are they extraordinarily height-specific? I feel like if they're not at precisely the right height, the whole thing falls apart. Also, any tips on getting the 5B to redbeat after I land? I suppose I'm just not doing it quickly enough, because I can get it to connect, but it always goes blue. ;-;

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nah, pad's not that hard, Lythium, lol. You're probably just used to uh, much faster input reset. On pad you almost have to reset it yourself if you're trying to do stuff in the air sometimes.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's not even that. I couldn't make directions work, and jumping, and just completely random stuff. It also made my hands cramp.

It just feels too awkward now to play on a pad.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Playing on pad makes my thumb feel raw after playing a period of time. Though I haven't tried stick ever before so I dunno how that works \o/. I'm just used to playing keyboard.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
We all have our preferences Crusayer. I just wish I didn't from time to time (like today) get all overwhelmed with the combo commands when I'm trying to learn a character. Like, even the "Basic combos" with Makoto and even Lambda seem all overwhelming sometimes. Then again, I didn't learn Noel enough to feel really comfortable with her overnight. It took months and months, and I'm still learning plenty of things now.

My only thoughts on the pad thing is that pad is all I've ever used for fighting games that weren't Smash. It's going to be interesting when I look into that stick since one of my friends is selling a Street Fighter one for $100 and another one of my friends does picture grafting so by the time I get it dual-modded and the custom picture grafting thing done, I'd at worst have paid the price I normally would for stick alone. Hm, does anybody know if there tends to be a controller style preference between people who are right or left handed? Since I kinda wonder if being left handed has to do with things.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pad isn't hard for me for some games. It really depends on the game but I can manage on both.
The only problem might be me dropping combos due to the button layout at first.

SF is a lot easier on an arcade stick due to the button layout though.
Hm, does anybody know if there tends to be a controller style preference between people who are right or left handed? Since I kinda wonder if being left handed has to do with things.
I don't think being left handed matters when using an arcade stick or a pad. Your brain will adjust to whatever is new while you work at it. Kinda like how my friend is left handed but learned and plays guitar right handed.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, my boyfriend is left-handed, but he plays on an arcade stick the same as a right-handed person would.

Crusayer plays on a keyboard? RESPECT.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Alright, I just thought I'd ask. One thing I can see arcade stick helping with is when you have commands that require you to mash the same button multiple times. You know, like Lambda's 5Dx8, or Hazama's j.Cx5 since that's an issue for me on pad. Oddly enough, 22BBBBBBBBC never is, lol.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm left handed and i play with an xbox controller.
I have a stick but i just can't get into it.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's hard as hell to do Lambda's Mission 10 if you're left handed. They expect you to hit with all eight of the 5C(s) during the corner combos, without letting them get lifted up to high between each hit. I have to move my left hand over the 360 controller and mash C with my thumb, then push the control stick the direction I need it with the underside of my knuckles to 6C.

The amount of rage I have at my right hand...

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I don't have a stick or anything lol. So when I play melty or soku I use keyboard. It's a little straining though after a while...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't even play computer games with a keyboard.
That would be hell...
You must have mad skillz to be able to do that.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I keep trying to get into Guilty Gear, but playing on pad always kills it for me.

But I have no problem with Melty on pad, I think it might be because of the dash button. I can't use the d-pad though, I have to use the analog stick. :/

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Im quite used to pad atm I remember the first time i tried using stick, it felt so odd for me. took me hours just to do basic motions and such xD;. And thats odd rutger, for me its the exact opposite for GG, i need to play it on a dpad or i mess up a lot, but then again the controller i use for GG is pretty dumb xD; I hope to save up and get my hands on a stick for my 360 and PC , if i ever got into street fighter that thing would help sooooooo much xD; and especially with skullgirls . I so wanna get in on that

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I don't have a stick or anything lol. So when I play melty or soku I use keyboard. It's a little straining though after a while...
Hnnngh... I'm so tempted to cave in and buy a Japanese PS2 from somewhere. I'm scared to mod my PS2 myself for all games.

I'd definitely get competitive in Melty if I could access it again.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Hnnngh... I'm so tempted to cave in and buy a Japanese PS2 from somewhere. I'm scared to mod my PS2 myself for all games.

I'd definitely get competitive in Melty if I could access it again.
do you have a cheat device (codebreaker/action replay/ gameshark) a ps1 game, and a usb device of some sort? if so you can do a soft mod which i did =]

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i suck at all fighting games with pad. :/

*tries to do pot buster* *gets 6p instead* s*** sucks

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Okay.

After a period of connection fails, I proceeded to get ***** by Yamada. 2-0. I didn't even put up a fight ;-;. I really should practice more.

Top Bottom