• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, if those things are what you're looking for, I don't understand why you're not playing Tao.
I don't know where to start. I guess I can check Dustloop, but the last time I looked in the Tao board, all I found were combos.

Yeah but Jubei would lose to Hazama all Hazama has to say is, "what's 3 times 3?"
Ten minus one.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's only two guys I know, but they don't play Tao, and I don't know if they're guru's on the subject. Other than that, LA's scene consists almost exclusively of Street Fighter and soon Marvel. I might be helping with getting a SNK scene started, but that's iffy.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't know where to start. I guess I can check Dustloop, but the last time I looked in the Tao board, all I found were combos.
Tao beginner guide (CT, but most of it still applies): http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...ion-What-is-Tao-Taokaka-Guideline-for-Dummies!
Tao strat guide: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...tion-Taokaka-Strategy-Guide-(work-in-progress)
Tao vids: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9120-CS-Edition-Taokaka-Video-Thread-2.0

I recommend watching a lot of Tsujikawa matches, since he won SBO with Tao.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm trying to remember, does she still have some kind of taunt loop?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is trolling going to be the thing that defines the 2010-2020 era?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Ugh! Finding a character for me is so damn hard in this game. It's like every character that I have an interest in has only two of the following: Mobility (for in and out), offensive play, and plenty of ambiguous mixups. Platinum hopefully won't disapoint.
I don't see why Bang and Tao won't work for you if that's what you're looking for. Jin also gets some ambiguous corner mixups in CS2.

You don't look at boards for fighting games, silly.

They usually suck.

Don't you know any Blazblue gurus that could tell you stuff IRL?
`__________________________-

You sure haven't visited my board. And I'm not going to even comment about where this was posted.

I'm trying to remember, does she still have some kind of taunt loop?
Yes. CS2's loop is different but that's not out yet.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah Kuma I think your expectations are too high, or possibly too much. You basically just described El Fuerte. Do you have any other examples of characters you like to play?

BTW Platinum definitely will not fit the bill of what you said.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah Kuma I think your expectations are too high, or possibly too much. You basically just described El Fuerte. Do you have any other examples of characters you like to play?

BTW Platinum definitely will not fit the bill of what you said.
I enjoyed playing Ibuki. I typically enjoy playing fast characters, and I'm not big on super long combos. Something involving five-seven attacks is good for me, especially for this kind of game.

I'm messing with Tao again and she seems good for me. I was turned off by Hazama not having a forward dash, but then I thought how I never use that kind of dash anyway.

EDIT: Liking how Hazma's challenge mode combos involve spamming j.5C (Intimidations!) and setting it up. I'm still going to give Platinum a shot though. She looks like she annoys players easily, and I like annoying players (problem, scrubs?)

You've been hit by - You've been trolled by! - a Smooth Criminal!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, my main problem with Hazama, aside from not having a forward dash/run, is that well, I like my controllers working, and mashing C to holy hell probably doesn't help that, lol.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I enjoyed playing Ibuki. I typically enjoy playing fast characters, and I'm not big on super long combos. Something involving five-seven attacks is good for me, especially for this kind of game.!
Errr this is ANIME game.

Expect long combos from EVERY character. Even the grappler. (who's not a grappler)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I use to hate him, now I just want to ****ing love everything he does, like once I understood why tager is so fun, I 2nd him on the spot

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Errr this is ANIME game.

Expect long combos from EVERY character. Even the grappler. (who's not a grappler)
I guess I have to abide by the RRRRUUURRUUU of this game then. Either way, Hazama's fun. I think the best thing for me to do to get used to such combos is to play the game. Goddamit online.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If that's the case, then I'll give up on BlazBlue unless Kokonoe or Jubei satsify my playstyle.
I'll play Kokonoe whether she fits my playstyle or not. :3

Now that I think about it, I think that I might be the biggest Kokonoe fan in here, lol.

Anyway, I was at a silly youth conference thing (had a few decent bands... Barely decent) with my church, so I haven't been able to practice any. I'll likely start playing again this week.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Like others have said, pick who you want. Also with CS2, so far even though people are saying either Ragna or Bang is the worst in the game no character actually looks bad to the point of being unplayable so far, and pretty much every character is looking viable at this moment.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well there's a video out there that says "the REAL return of R-1" and the Noel's using the R-1 tag. There's another that people originally thought was her that uses the tag "High Bridge" though.

Top Bottom