• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Mit

Smash Ace
I live in Westland but commute to Lawrence Tech in Southfield. I'm in both areas fairly often. I spar with Scala in Brawl mostly.

He held a little Smashfest last week before WBST. Hoping to have more of those more often with more people :O

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I can see about getting up there...after Happy Hour though. I didn't get to drink yesterday so I have to make up for it. My body runs primarily on caffiene and alcohol.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Anyone up for a Smashfest at my house tomorrow?

Edit: Also I was wondering... Whatever happened to MI's TrueSkill rankings?

Shouldn't we get that or at least a PR up again?

Having a top whatever really helps people identify who's top in our state and may encourage others to seek to beat them in tournament. Might help our tournament attendance.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Lain
Anther/Judge
Who the **** cares

MI doesn't have enough tournaments as of now to try and make a PR. We have nothing to base it off.

We have WB, 1.5 Gameyard tournaments, then another WB from 4 months ago.

I have plans for tomorrow, so I wouldn't go to that smashfest.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yo Malice, I'm heading over to AFC around 7:30. Still no good at the game, and now that machine's loaded with 11+ songs that I can't come close to passing lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

We do need more tournaments. However I think we've had at least like 4 or 5 tournaments that haven't gone towards the TS ranking. A PR would be cool but it all depends on how badly Michigan wants it.

earthadept

Smash Lord
ok concerning the matrix, honestly the philosophy and such in it is clearly not very mindblowing... to anyone that's read a single philosophy text it's pretty juvenile. but most people know nothing about the subject, which made the matrix "MINDBLOWING". the ideas presented in the film have been discussed for thousands of years by every imaginable religion or philosophy... look up "brain in a vat".

anyways, I'd say the last time a truly groundbreaking film was released it was the shawshank redemption. i was gonna say the departed but that was just based on some hong kong movie.

What's The Point

Smash Master
We do need more tournaments. However I think we've had at least like 4 or 5 tournaments that haven't gone towards the TS ranking. A PR would be cool but it all depends on how badly Michigan wants it.
Well, Mark and I should be getting some stuff going in EL. You seem to know the Gameyard guy, so you can get those going (Which I'll TO if you don't want to and I'm available). Then some one in AA has to set something up and we'll have all the (important) points of MI set up.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Too bad the Brawl dudes in A2 happen to be the ones with no initiative to host fests or tourneys. TOing ain't as easy as it seems!

Dart: it will be Moose, Duck, Shaeden, and myself. Bigy, Kail, Velynn in another car as well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As far as I can tell, the only Brawl players in Ann Arbor are Rofa and various people not out of high school yet.

Moooose

Smash Champion
Well, Mark and I should be getting some stuff going in EL. You seem to know the Gameyard guy, so you can get those going (Which I'll TO if you don't want to and I'm available). Then some one in AA has to set something up and we'll have all the (important) points of MI set up.
thats actually junglefever and his name is actually travis
the reason i bring this up is that my name is mark and it would be completely annoying to have people refer to him as mark
=p

Dart!

Smash Master
well from who i know that is going for chicago it would probably be
Kels
Tink
Vro
Trail
Me
Andale
two others i can't think of right now

vs your 8...keep in my mind my list is just gossip at this point

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah, I can cover the Metro Detroit area no problem. And I enjoy TOing so no worries there. It's easy and its fun for me. Gameyard...we could be getting AT LEAST monthlies going on the owner doesn't have a problem with us running tournaments there at all.

Moooose

Smash Champion
****kk give us trail
im thinkin we got
bigy
shaeden
velynn
shady? you better gooo
and i guess me

not sure who else i would put on there

Notra

Smash Ace
My honest opinion on the Matrix is that reguardless of its arguable deepness, its break through in bullet time, and 360 fighting is ridiculous. Basically every action movie today takes effects from the matrix. +the Matrix is in pop culture more than almost any movie i know.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I just realized I have to drive 2 extra hours to pick up Mark/James/Shaeden =( fml... is there no way you guys can drive to Ann Arbor first and park your car here for the weekend?

Dart!

Smash Master
well from who i know that is going for chicago it would probably be
Kels
Tink
Vro
Trail
Me
Andale
two others i can't think of right now

vs your 8...keep in my mind my list is just gossip at this point
btw i just remembered cosmo is going, so there's another guy. we just need one more...definitely rat. plus andale isn't going so one more after that...probably cykofox. you guys are ****ed ;)

Top Bottom