• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

King Malice

Smash Ace
Sooooo, nothing?

I go down to visit relatives in IL, but unless I am in Chicago I see corn fields. I feel like a gangster because everyone else is like, country. Real country.

EDIT: to the IL people who gawn read this, what the hell do you do in your spare time down there?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sooooo, nothing?

I go down to visit relatives in IL, but unless I am in Chicago I see corn fields. I feel like a gangster because everyone else is like, country. Real country.

EDIT: to the IL people who gawn read this, what the hell do you do in your spare time down there?
they get ****ed up. straight up thats all they have to do

Notra

Smash Ace
MI wants a PR?

1. Lain :popo: :metaknight:
2. Judge :metaknight: :wario:
3. Anther :pikachu:
4. LCancel :olimar: :popo:
5. Boxxy :popo: :snake: :metaknight:
6. Azure :metaknight: :snake:
7/8. Flame :snake: :wolf:
7/8. Tutu :shiek: :peach:
9. Rofa :metaknight: :lucas:
10. Coco :olimar:
11. Bowyer :metaknight:

People gone from inactivity: Notra, Dingdong, Mikey, Ankoku.

Can honestly say i did this with out bias. Or else u'd see my name on there....

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
MI wants a PR?

7. Flame :snake: :wolf:
8. Rofa :metaknight: :lucas:
9. Coco :olimar:
10. Tutu :shiek: :peach:

People gone from inactivity: Notra, Dingdong, Mikey, Ankoku.

I am appalled to see my name is not present on this list.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Tutu deserves a bit higher as he has been placing really well lately.

I also beat Bowyer last tournament and have been placing as well as Coco the last few tournaments.

Eh not enough people wanting to go, no Smashfestival from me today.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
MI wants a PR?

7. Flame :snake: :wolf:
8. Rofa :metaknight: :lucas:
9. Coco :olimar:
10. Tutu :shiek: :peach:

People gone from inactivity: SamuraiPanda, Omniswell, Notra, Dingdong, Mikey, Ankoku.

I am appalled to see my name is not present on this list.
There you go.

Notra

Smash Ace
Tutu deserves a bit higher as he has been placing really well lately.

I also beat Bowyer last tournament and have been placing as well as Coco the last few tournaments.

Eh not enough people wanting to go, no Smashfestival from me today.
ive beat bowyer too....but im not on the list. ive also beat everyone below anther but, azure and flame cause i nvr play them. but its not all about just who cant beat who.

point is, bowyer has been doin work for a while, tutu has only ***** up 2 tourneys. hence why hes where he is. just my opinion. considering ppl before u were on the scene. but if alot of ppl tell me he is better than im saying no problem. tuff love cause hes a good friend

ive nvr seen u place higher than ninth at real tourneys. which is also a 4 way tie for 12th. tbh. list should only rly go to 10.

EDITED PR. ANYTHING ELSE PPL SEE TERRIBLY WRONG?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, how could I be gone from inactivity when I was never on the PR in the first place?

What's The Point

Smash Master
A more accurate PR list

1. Lain

Inactivity: The rest of the list.

Everyone under Anther can beat anyone else under Anther. There have only been two recent tournaments, and the only notable person to go to both being lain. Then there was another tournament 4+ months ago. At this point everyone is inactive, or you're basing it off one tournament per person, or very old results.

But it is a good draft of what a PR would look like if we had more tournaments.

Maybe if Jungle and I, then some other people for other areas, start making regular tournaments we can make an actual PR.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm picking up Shaeden at 5:30pm and the WB scrubs at 6:00pm today... then it's time to go to motherf'in South Haven for epic Bigy housing.

Will, are you serious about coming? If so then I'll drive my parents mini-van for extra room and pick you + Gio up at 6:30pm.

I have to decide on which car I'm driving within the next hour, so if I don't hear back before then I'll drive my Civic and can only take Shaeden/Moose/Duck.

Notra

Smash Ace
A more accurate PR list

1. Lain

Inactivity: The rest of the list.

Everyone under Anther can beat anyone else under Anther. There have only been two recent tournaments, and the only notable person to go to both being lain. Then there was another tournament 4+ months ago. At this point everyone is inactive, or you're basing it off one tournament per person, or very old results.

But it is a good draft of what a PR would look like if we had more tournaments.

Maybe if Jungle and I, then some other people for other areas, start making regular tournaments we can make an actual PR.
appreciate the comment. just giving ppl more reasons to go to tourneys. MI needs more activity.

I think ill make this a temporary one til u and whoever make it.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
More tourneys and smashfests gogogo

I can't help with Smashfests....my parents would ****ing freak out if 10ish strangers showed up here. lmao

Like I said in the PR thread, I'm seriously going to try to get some tourneys in Toledo going (I live in MI, go to school in Toledo), though I'm not sure if those would count as in-state tourneys. I'm going to talk to Amadeus (The Olimar main I brought to WBST 4 who ended up helping run it. lol) because we want to co-host more of these.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Mwhahahahaha!

Its working!

I just mentioned starting a PR and then people are starting to discuss hosting tournaments again.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Mwhahahahaha!

Its working!

I just mentioned starting a PR and then people are starting to discuss hosting tournaments again.
Yeah, you guys need to come down, start kicking my *** at my locals, and show Toledo what's up.

I can guarantee we'll have at least 2 this year if I can't host any.

(Seriously, it'd be amazing to see you guys come down. :p)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I would like to propose we make some sort of group page on here dedicated towards the empowerment of the Michigan Smash scene and creating more tournaments so that we can re-instate an accurate and unbiased PR.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Go ahead, Smashboards has a group thingy, so... Yeah, you can get it together pretty easily.

Although a public thread might yield better activity than a group, but the downside to that is it might be less organized.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The lack of organization that could include/people being ******** and wanting to troll makes me hestitant to do that. It's not really just my decision though. We need several people to make this project successful.

Top Bottom