• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Notra

Smash Ace
Inception is good. but in NO WAY is it better than the matrix. the matrix touched on so many topics(mainly man vs machine, and industrialization), had so many hidden messages, mind ****ed so much, had the best action beyond imagination for its time, and was enjoyable for nearly all audiences.

I honestly think anyone here who thinks inception is more influential or better than the matrix is ********.

Notra

Smash Ace
let me ask you this ten years from now how many times will u have watched inception? cause i can guarantee it wont be more than uve watched the matrix now.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Inception is a popcorn action movie with a complicated premise. If you follow the premise along then its just entertaining, not amazing by any means.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
the matrix just seemed alot more mind **** and deep cause we were like 10 when it came out

although I do enjoy all the religious satire/parody/hints or whatever you wanna call it in the matrix

judge!

Smash Ace
honestly...me and my friend saw inception and we walked out pretty dissapointed. probebly because we just exspected it to be so amazing as everyone made it out to be.

Moooose

Smash Champion
ya i gotta completely agree with samurai,
the core plot structure of inception is still just a basic action movie.
i mean it was good but
toy story 3 was better =p

Notra

Smash Ace
Inception is a popcorn action movie with a complicated premise. If you follow the premise along then its just entertaining, not amazing by any means.
****ing thank you panda. matrix is on the grounbreaking lvl of the original starwars. idoits out here

its crazy even when im not 10. back then i didnt even realize its deeper meanings. now it ***** my mind

@omni.....no. expendables = galactic sausage-fest x9000

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Honestly, I don't particularly see New Hope as groundbreaking, either. And as for personal preferences, I've always had a thing for the heist/great escape genre.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Episode 1 is Phantom Menace. For someone who's extolling the virtues of Star Wars, you sure are bad at remembering key facts.

Yeah, I'm not a great person at critiquing movies, seeing as how my range of ratings are "that was a great movie," "that was a pretty good movie," "that could've been better," and "lol." Still, I'm not really moved by things like nostalgia or holding up movies as amazing "for their time," either.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Under the Influence is the sexiest crew in Michigan.

I just felt I had to point that out. Malice, DBPM will you elaborate for me when you log on? Thank you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not even in Ann Arbor, Notra. It's not gonna happen. 'Specially since Oakland Mall's got better DDR/GFDM machines anyway.

ZTD | TECHnology

I might actually. I had work off and its been a little bit since I've been up there. I get those urges every once in a while.

However I FAIL at DDR so bad lol I just up there for the fighting games like all the other black people.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll probably go around 7:30 or so. : P

See you there if you end up going.

ZTD | TECHnology

lol alright.

Man I remember one Christmas Eve I went up to Oakland Mall in a Santa Claus costume. I got a lot of stares lol but then I went up to the American Fun Center and started demanding MMs in Tekken. One dude just kept looking at me during our match and I beat him badly. Lol everyone kept distracted especially when I kept saying "I'm going to ho ho ho you". Mindgames, son. I made so much money that night. <3 Good times.

Mit

Smash Ace
Did that AFC ever get their Beatmania IIDX machine back? That would make me happy.

Was a pretty dope DDR/ITG spot though.

Come to LTU moar and Smash with me and Scala. He has a Wii now :O

EDIT: And I'm playing more than helpless bottom tier characters.

King Malice

Smash Ace
AFC at Oakland Mall?

Why the **** are you guys entering my arcade? I run that **** *****.

Edit;@Tech; Our smashfests are pretty awesome. Glad to see nothing changes.

Top Bottom