• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You mind as well say English is a terrible language since most people would say FUNimation is one of the best... or if people are getting confused with Ocean again?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You mind as well say English is a terrible language since most people would say FUNimation is one of the best... or if people are getting confused with Ocean again?
GAIZ ENGRISH IS LIEK TEH WURST LANGUAGE WE SHUD ALL SPEEK IN TEH JAPNEESE DESU NE~!

:urg:

TheMann

Smash Ace
Lol yea this is something I've never understood either. No matter how good a dub is its unappretiated. Some people just rather have it in japanese and read the whole time...Not me I'm too lazy AND alot of the time it sounds like in japanese they are just yelling at me :laugh:

Edit: Kuwabara and YYH ftw btw.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
On a serious note though, I really don't have a problem with most dubs if it's done by good people (ie. not 4kids).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Bandai Entertainment (Cowboy Bebop, 08th MS Team), Miramax Films (pretty much all US-distributed Studio Ghibli films), Synch-Point (FLCL), and ADV (Martian Successor Nadesico, Cromartie High School) all had far superior voice-acting overall.

Granted, Blue Gender was a rare gem from FUNimation, and their redistribution of One Piece was worlds better than the garbage 4kids put out, but generally I've been very disappointed by their in-house VA's.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Jason is Brainjack... he goes by MexicanBJ 'cause he got his original acc perma-banned, lol.

He lives over on Geddes, somewhat near SCOTU's place.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Bandai Entertainment (Cowboy Bebop, 08th MS Team), Miramax Films (pretty much all US-distributed Studio Ghibli films), Synch-Point (FLCL), and ADV (Martian Successor Nadesico, Cromartie High School) all had far superior voice-acting overall.

Granted, Blue Gender was a rare gem from FUNimation, and their redistribution of One Piece was worlds better than the garbage 4kids put out, but generally I've been very disappointed by their in-house VA's.
Hrrm, I guess can agree to that, though I'm surprised you haven't listed Viz Media. ADV is an effy for me, but that's just my option. I guess I'll lurk more. ._.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hrrm, I guess can agree to that, though I'm surprised you haven't listed Viz Media. ADV is an effy for me, but that's just my option. I guess I'll lurk more. ._.
Viz Media totally ****ed up Naruto though.

Well ok, to be fair, aside from "Believe it" they did a pretty good job. They ****ed up the episode where Rock Lee gets drunk though, which is when I lost all faith in that dub.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I... I finally did it. I finished all 153 episodes of the original Dragon Ball. It was awesome. Not as good as DBZ, but still really good. My favorite part is prolly Goku vs Piccolo Sr. But WTF was with the series ending with 5 episodes of filler junk? It left a bad taste in my mouth, so I rewatched the first episode of Kai.

Also, I discovered a 35-minute DBZ short animated and aired in 2008, being written by Akira Toriyama himself. Its called "DBZ - Yo! The Return of Son Goku and Friends" set after the Majin Buu fights. Apparently Vegeta has a brother or something that appears in it. I'm torrenting it now, I'll see if its any good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also, I discovered a 35-minute DBZ short animated and aired in 2008, being written by Akira Toriyama himself. Its called "DBZ - Yo! The Return of Son Goku and Friends" set after the Majin Buu fights. Apparently Vegeta has a brother or something that appears in it. I'm torrenting it now, I'll see if its any good.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

That's just nutty.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
That short was AWESOME. I was laughing my *** off for half of it. OMG I JUST GOT IT. Vegeta + Table (his brother) = Vegetable. ROFL.

Gotenks is still my favorite character. I can't believe he used Tien's Volleyball attack. I died in DB when that happened. Man. I'm gonna go watch that again. Too f'ing good.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I talked to a few people about a potential smashfest of friday before the Ann Arbor tourny, rather than contacting everyone individually, id figure id just post here so everyone will see it.

I WILL NOT BE HOSTING/ATTENDING A SHAMSHFEST THIS FRIDAY!

I forgot that this Friday was the opening night for a new club night I wanted to go to. I promised my friends over 2 weeks ago that I would be there. Oh and Lain, sorry buddy but I CANT get you VIP this week, maybe in the future though!

I will as far as I know be at the tourny on saterday though.

Top Bottom