• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Sonic In The Area

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol, do they even have a venue yet?

or a month even?

they annouced that junk like 6 months ago and i havent seen any new info since.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yo SM5, for whatever reason, I doun't count anything that isn't the tri-state area or Florida as part of the East Coast... O.o

I'm sorry...

But you know it's true when Malcolm would probably hand you your arse. >.>

Edit: Can somebody PLEASE explain to me this Genesis event?

All I think I know is that it is some event that is going to be held like somewhere in Norcal or some place near me which I probably won't be able to go to if it is during the school year.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Here's the gist of it Kinzer:
Genesis is being hosted by DBR. Friday July 10th until Sunday July 12th. It shouldn't mesh with any schooling, unless you do summer school. A Completely Epic venue, with over 8,000 square feet devoted to nothing but smash. Well Over 40 Melee & Brawl Tournament setups, for the sole intention of keeping this tourney right on schedule to the very end. Price - While we intend to break up both games into separate packages available for purchase, the tentative price for both events including venue fee for the 3-day tournament is around $75. This includes venue fee, Brawl singles & doubles, Melee singles & doubles, dozens of entries into free raffles throughout the tournament, and more. As only Cali's very own The Game II from Getyourtournament.com can deliver, expect tons of recording stations, live broadcast, interviews and streaming blog updates! This is one tourney where the premium matches are sure to be recorded!

Sounds really epic. I want to go so bad and my parents are acting like they would totally let me if i can foot the cost and also not miss out on working my summer job, which if I take a plane, I should be able to accomplish, but it will cost more. LOL we should all rent a large hotel room, split the cost and call it the Steak Break Room IRL

Here's the link to it if you want to know anymore: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
CiTH, they shouldn't be talking like that...
Dude, i would jump for joy and train like there was no tomorrow if I could make it to something as big as that. oh man, all friendlies on the first day, better step it up, Kinzer, and get some experience. Dang, why is tourneys always so far away from some people? Alot of people there, 3 day event, that sounds so epic, man!

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
They have a thread for it guys, ****ing go look for it.

and look for Ohana too, its the EC version of it. MattDotZeb needs to get his act together though....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd go to Genesis.

But the cost to and from the WC...UUUUUUGH.

That's the only thing holding me back.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think im going to try and go...

also, ohana is dead in my eyes.

also, I think MDZ is going to my tourney tomorrow, if I see him, im going to slap in the face and tell him memphischains told me to tell you to get your GD act together.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
If things go swimmingly, I'll see y'all at Genesis. MAGNUM, WE CAN FINALLY PLAY. NO MORE WI-FI. ROFL.

I'm trying to get things to pick up here in Alberta in terms of Brawl, so horray for putting the province on the map? Maybe I'll actually find some Sonic users too to play against. Who knows!

I whole-heartedly agree to this hotel idea of epic Sawnick proportions. Also, I had a Steak sandwich from Subway earlier. It was GOOD.

Just like Sonic. Yup.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am going to see what I can do about this... if this IS in the summer vacation with friendlies/Brawl on Fri/Sat resptectively, I am going to go train my mutha-truckin' arse off until I do something about my piss-poor Steak.

I see what I must do now, Magnum has convinced me, y'all had better try to show up, especially you Espy, and this will be epic.

Like seriously.

Oh God I'm so pumped up to go to this tourney now (if I can) I don't know how to post it.

Oh hey Magnum, I think you mean OVER 9,000!!!!! feet.

Anyway lots of setups, lots of recording perhaps livestream while we're at it, Lotsa Brawl friendlies to find out the style of my opponents and pick up on some of my lacking matchup experience... Very reasonable price seeing as how it's $75 for everything even though I'm not going for Melee (sue me, Melee doesn't have Sonic), it's close enough to where my mom and I can go on a road trip and I can practice driving on the highway with my permit... I might be able to meet some more SWFers in-person, especially if any of the Steak boarders come...

BRB, I think I just jizzed in mah pants...

Like seriously.

Trillion

Smash Ace
@ CiTH - its in Antioch, CA NorCal area.
@ memphis and other people looking for the link - its in my post up there
@ Spin Dash - yeah some real matches would be fun, hopefully we can both make it
@ Kinzer - Yeah try to make it, I'm not for sure if i can yet, but i want to soo bad and i think i can swing it. Lol over 9,000 would be much better, but i was just quoting the thread that The King made. As far as for meeting other SWFer in-person and especialyl steak boarders, that was kind of the reason that i suggest the steak break room irl idea lol. That way we could all meet up and play friendlies and examine play styles and stuff.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Whoa.

Genesis is so pro.

I don't think I'm going to be able to go to CoT4 now though D:

I doubt I could go to Genesis either, but ****, Steak Break Room IRL would be way too sexy. No one would be able to handle it.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The room would be too filled with our blood from us exploding... except in the IRL SBR, our blood becomes Steaksauce.

I'll still see if I can go or not, this is too big of an event to miss.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
OPHELIA!! i read that ur coming to the jersey monthlies...if ur there hit me up. ill be the guy with the CHELS/CiTH tag. playing either wario ike sonic or PT and wearing some unneccesarily flashy shoes. GET @ ME.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sorry Umby, i wanted to battle it out for Atl South #1 Sonic, but unless you can make the rescheduled Judgement, it won't be soon

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We still have Steak and a bunch of other sillies, silly.

Regardless, unless he has tournament results (I'm not aware of any), or he knows something we don't, it's not a real loss IMHO.

Unless he somehow knows a tech that makes HA broken and anything else to make Sonic a hard MK-counter, then he needs to do something... like now... like seriously.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Ok... between me, umby, and tenki.

@Tenki: any chance you'd travel to SC in 1-3 months for our rescheduled tourney? We had an unfortunate two deaths by semi-car collision, postponed the tourney

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Meh, ignore this post.

Um...I'm the best Sonic in the area and Terry isn't?

<3

:093:

Top Bottom