• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Sonic In The Area

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lolwut?

Espy, this out to be interesting.

*Hint hint, that's your cue, once you read this*

Then again it could've been a fluke or something, perhaps you know stuff like one guy who plays the same character might be better in one matchup and worse than the other, and another guy can be vice-versa.

I still want to hear from more sources though before I go off making any judgements.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's ridiculous Psychoace.

I don't even know who dsb is. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's false.
That, and I haven't been to anything since Final Smash 5 back on January 10th.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
so yeah anyway i think we should make a map.

I know for a fact that I am at least the best Sonic in New England, as I am the only one. well, not the only one, but the other ones agree that I am better than they are with sonic.

my browser >McFoxes

infomon

Smash Scientist
For the record, I 3-stocked Camalange who 3-stocked RandomIkeGuy who 3-stocked M2K.

all of the above may or may not have actually happened.

Making a map would be totally awesome.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I claim Nevada as Kinzertopia.

What kind of map are you two talking about anyway? Like one where each of us can pick our color and our bias and just direct this one volunteer to color states that should be under our control?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
For the record, I 3-stocked Camalange who 3-stocked RandomIkeGuy who 3-stocked M2K.

all of the above may or may not have actually happened.
lulz

As for the map, I claim PA!

Terry doesn't go to tournaments and PD only went to one ;o

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We should make this thread into a "set up your blood blattles here!" thread.

Since claiming parts of our states/provinces will result in disputes to see who owns.

I'm pretty sure I got NV on lockdown though, no other person here plays Sonic as serious as I would or gets as far... except this one dude who likes to CP a lot of characters and just plays Sonic every now and then.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
you're an idiot
Well then i guess mr. 3000 is as well then, because he claimed to be the best in the states after that.

That's ridiculous Psychoace.

I don't even know who dsb is. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's false.
That, and I haven't been to anything since Final Smash 5 back on January 10th.
My source is duggfin and mr. 3000

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Well then i guess
you're admitting it, at least you know.

does anyone else know of any people on the far west that should be noted?
and if you bring up LuCKy i'll eat your soul. regardless of his skill he plays melee, and not brawl. if he wants to be noted he should play the game.

i sould say Hella, but he plays more melee and i haven't seen any vids of him as of late. i haven't talked to him for a while either, I should hit him up and see how he is.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There is nobody but me on the West Coast who plays Brawl as much as me and still plays Sonic as dedicated (and is good) that anybody would even know of.

Wather people want to admit this or not, I'm probably the best WC has to offer that isn't LuCKy (or maybe...?), and perhaps some random people who just play Sonic as a "fun" character even if they could be good with him.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot about X.

If he would check these boards a little bit more often, he would no question, be above me.

Even though I would like to play with him in another tournament, the last one I went too was so bad on my part, it haunts me. He still does pretty d*** good in tourneys regardless, and Steak dittos he 2-stocks me.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Well they're both lying out of their *****. I've NEVER played DSB, and I've NEVER been three-stocked in a tournament.
Now stop trolling.
Well that's them I guess. I was just bringing up a point that no one seems to believe especially since they supposedly don't have videos. I didn't even say it was at a tournament, anyway i'm done with you super defensive and passive aggressive *******s.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Does that fit to all of us?

Also what would you except us to do after an insult like that, just take it? You have another thing coming if your answer is anything but "no."

I would not provoke such things.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well that's them I guess. I was just bringing up a point that no one seems to believe especially since they supposedly don't have videos. I didn't even say it was at a tournament, anyway i'm done with you super defensive and passive aggressive *******s.
It's hard to get people to believe you when you come waltzing into the discussion and throw out false statements and treat them like they are 100% true because Dugfinn and 3K said them without any legit evidence.

It never happened, that's all I have to say about the issue. As said before, I haven't done anything since Final Smash 5, and I've never even met this "dbs".

I know it's difficult to accept, considering I also have no hard evidence to prove it, but I know for a fact, based on what I know, that I've never played a "dbs", and I KNOW for **** sure that I've NEVER been 3-stocked as Sonic in either friendlies or tournament.

Sorry if I came off as aggressive or whatnot, but it's a little irritating when people make up stories and spread them around, especially when others start to believe it.

Besides, if it was true, I'm the kind of guy who'd have posted about it by now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There is no way in hell DSB could 3 stock, or even beat Espy lmfao. I played DSB in tournament in SA and 3 stocked him both matches with a character I had been playing less then a week at the time. Espy has beaten me in tournament more then once lol.

Also, Espy is better then 3000. I've played both a lot and both of them several times in tournament. Unless 3000 improved a lot since the last time I played him espy was considerably better.

Neither one of them was close to MalcomM though >_>. That guy is insane lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I take that as being sarcastic, but lolcakes.

Espy, do you actually acknowledge that Malcolm could JUST BE, the best Sonic in the world, or not?

I would vouch that he is, though.

Browny

Smash Hater
its not sarcasm,
if Espy is really good with sonic, and malcolm is leagues better, than means that theres still a lot of ways for espy to improve and the limitations of him using sonic arent close to being reached yet :)

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
The Lucas match made me cringe a little.

-Plenty of missed opportunities, or opportunities not taken complete advantage of.
-Edge guarding needed work
-Space more effectively

Pretty much what KID said, altogether. He's good, definately, but he needs to improve and start placing in tournaments for any merit.

PS: Saw the Ness match.

He needs to learn to instant edgehog and momentum cancel.
Exactly true.

I have trouble with instant edgehog since the first day and tbh I have only been to 2 tournaments.

My sonic is only going to get better. It actually has already since I incorporated Side b cancels and basically all the spin dash cancels into my game.

-

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
its not sarcasm,
if Espy is really good with sonic, and malcolm is leagues better, than means that theres still a lot of ways for espy to improve and the limitations of him using sonic arent close to being reached yet :)
This.

I don't think you were in the Xat Chat that day, Kinzer.

I don't like being in the spotlight. I love it when someone's better than me only because it confirms for me that there's yet another plateau I have to ascend to in order to better myself at the game.

Just the thought of there being someone better than me is exciting, and makes me work twice as hard for the goal. I think I even said during the Xat, that even if I was "technically" the best Sonic in the world, that I'd deny, deny, and deny, all because I refuse to be known as "the best".

I just want to be known, not be known as the best.

However, at the same time, I take what Hylian said with a grain of salt, for fear that I take his word far too literally.

I'm sure, though, that Malcom is at the very least, a fraction better than I am, since he gets continuous practice in the toughest region and still stands out.

-----

However, I'm slowly starting to not care about Malcom at the same time, especially for what he did at CoT4. He needs to drop that fat tub of douchebaggery and stick with the cool blue dude with the 'tude.

Seriously, I <3 Malcom for being so awesome with Sonic, and hope to play him eventually. However, I'm starting to dislike the fact that he's using Wario more and more by the day. Eventually, Wario's going to be his main, with Sonic as his secondary.

Then he'll pull a NinjaLink, and deny, deny, deny, that he uses someone as a main when it's painfully obvious.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
xat.com/sonic_brawlers

also, noR4U is an WC sonic but i havent heard much of anything from him lately

also, if more people start locking wario malcolm will play him less

also, if it makes you feel any better puffy, ill always be better than you

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This.

I don't think you were in the Xat Chat that day, Kinzer.

I don't like being in the spotlight. I love it when someone's better than me only because it confirms for me that there's yet another plateau I have to ascend to in order to better myself at the game.

Just the thought of there being someone better than me is exciting, and makes me work twice as hard for the goal. I think I even said during the Xat, that even if I was "technically" the best Sonic in the world, that I'd deny, deny, and deny, all because I refuse to be known as "the best".

However, I'm slowly starting to not care about Malcom at the same time, especially for what he did at CoT4. He needs to drop that fat tub of douchebaggery and stick with the cool blue dude with the 'tude.

Seriously, I <3 Malcom for being so awesome with Sonic, and hope to play him eventually. However, I'm starting to dislike the fact that he's using Wario more and more by the day. Eventually, Wario's going to be his main, with Sonic as his secondary.

Then he'll pull a NinjaLink, and deny, deny, deny, that he uses someone as a main when it's painfully obvious.
No I was not.

That is one way to look at it, and of course from my stance there is always room for improvement.

It would be kind of hard to spread it around that I would be the best when there are obviously people better than me, not just Malcolm but even you Espy.

Sadly you will not control human thought/emotion and if Malcolm wants to, he will play Wario. Would be sad to see such a high-calibur Sonic have to leave, but you know, I'm kind of use to it all by now, and it just means that I will only have to work harder to set an example for any future Sonic mains who want somebody to look up to when they think "now that guy doesn't main Sonic, he is Sonic!"

Is there some steak break xat chat room ?
The Steak Break Room Xat was sadly taken, so we had to settle for Sonic Brawlers.

There are fakers amongst the mist.

Also there is our KID coming off with his leadership skills, lololol. <3

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
awww guys i definitelystill play sonic alot in tourney. the livestream doubls was just not an option. randall was gonna go diddy cause diddy does well against gdub. the only issue is killing. so i couldnt possibly have said im gonna get all 6 kills with sonic against 2 high level players playing one of his worst matchups. also i never played hylian with sonic so i think its sarcasm

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
awww guys i definitelystill play sonic alot in tourney. the livestream doubls was just not an option. randall was gonna go diddy cause diddy does well against gdub. the only issue is killing. so i couldnt possibly have said im gonna get all 6 kills with sonic against 2 high level players playing one of his worst matchups. also i never played hylian with sonic so i think its sarcasm
Eventually Malcom, we have to meet up and team, double Sonics.

Much easier to kill people when there's two blue rodents running all over the place.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I saw you playing sonic and you did really ****ing well against LeeMartin.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
holy Crap, Malcolm's Sonic Took A Match Off Of M2k's Mk In A Tourney Set At Bbc Finals Here In Nj.

It Had The Crowd In An Uproar; He Did It In The Second Match. I Couldn't Watch As Much Because My Friend Pride Had An Important Match On The Line With Keitaro (he Won It, I'm Glad I Was Watching, It Was intense). He Did The Lose The Set, Third Match At Delfino, I Think He Was Two Stocked With M2k At A High Percent, But still. Beyond Tender.

Yeah, This Guy's Just Too Good. I Don't Really Care What's What, He Has To Be The Best Sonic In The States.

Meanwhile, I Seem To Be At A Point I Can Really Only Go Up From...v_v; Bad Day For Me.

But I'll Do It. I'll Figure This Out, Though I Doubt It'll Be A Sonic-exclusive Affair Ever Again.
We Want Videos Of This Match!!!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't think there were videos.

And even if there were, M2K wouldn't want them up.

Top Bottom