• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Sonic In The Area

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hmm...I should REALLY find out if I can go to this soon.

This could be like...one giant Steak BBQ.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tourneys That Sonic players should be attending:

Gauntlet:
That tourney with the Pro/Gay ruleset
NYC
March 27.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223956
Sonics and sonic boarders (not specifically sonic mains, just friends of them) expecting to attend.
KID
Pikapika
Shiri
Malcolm
CiTH
Boxob
SuperRyan
ShadowLink84
Possible attendees.
Napilopez

Mass Madness:
Boston, Mass
April 18/19
18th is all brawl 19th is all melee.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224248
Expected people.
KID
Pikapika
Shiri
KC 24
MemphisChains
OrangeSodaMan
Mercutio
Possibles:
Boxob
Malcolm
CiTH
Superryan
Infzy

Apex:
Supposedly tons of people staying in Inuis hotel for this tourney.
Huge effing NJ tourney, im thinking like triple digit attendance.
May 9/10
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211171
Expected Sonic pplz
KID
Xiivi
Malcolm
CiTH
Superryan
Camalange
Blue
Kai
SL84

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
im going to **** all of you at MM

like, physically. i hate you all so much im going to impregnate you with little memphi, and your STUCK WITH THEM FOR 18 YEARS.

and i dont pay child support

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Any other Sonic mains wanna split a room? I really REALLY would prefer not to have to take the train back and forth TWICE. That's like a combined travel time of 8 hours.

We can have a legit SteakBreakRoom.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Memphis plz don't try and threaten us about MM when you know that you could get ***** yourself. Also to the rest of you guys can't wait to brawl you guys at MM15. This is going to be steak!

:sonic:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Oh shi- he's calling you out son :o

But yeah, unless someone gets me some plane tickets (first class please) I can't go. I would take a 5 star cruise though. Either one would be fine.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol im not gonna lie, im with memphis that one, i plan to do the same thing.

as for cat. uhh... im going down there with themanalord, and hes proly getting us a spot at mattdotzebs house, so if you want, you should try talking to either one of them to find a spot to stay

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Any other Sonic mains wanna split a room? I really REALLY would prefer not to have to take the train back and forth TWICE. That's like a combined travel time of 8 hours.

We can have a legit SteakBreakRoom.

If I can go, I'd be down for that.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
I would be making the Gauntlet, but I kinda get outta work around the time it starts, so that'd be fail for me. Unless they'd be laid back about registration. Theres a tournament called Expo at NJIT around April 19 I think also.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
spin dashie, if you like call somebody or somehow let them know ahead of time that youll be late, theyll proly let it slide if you really want to go

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
Yeah, thanks man ill def try that. I dont really go to tournaments often nor do I get really great practice either so this should be good for me in how the meta game works with better players.

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Woahwoah, let's not jump the gun here, people!

NOTE: This is not a specific, "I'm the best Sonic out there!" thread, before anyone misreads what I say. This topic is for the sake of curiosity, let alone the fact I don't believe it's been broughten up before. A thousand apologies if it has somewhere amongst the hundreds of Sonic pages.

Okay! Now that we've got that out of the way, I've been wondering. Sure, every place has a Sonic main or a few people that play him. But only a few can call themselves the best in that area.

I know there are many mains that stand out above the others such as Magnum, Malcolm, Espy, Tenki, the list goes on of more recognized Sonic players. Most players of Sonic earned the right to be known as the best Sonic user in their state/province/whatever it's called elsewhere in the world. But what about the people that could be considered the best by default?

And by that? I mean in a more grim situation, it's often due to the fact that #1, nobody plays Sonic other then you in your province/state. Or #2, Brawl is almost dead where you are and hardly anyone plays.

In Alberta, Canada, I'm considered the best when it comes to playing Sonic. Here's the catch, it has to do with the two reasons I presented. I'm not so fortunate to have so much Sonic competition in my province, not to mention that Alberta is Melee Central (any mention of the game Brawl might earn you a slap or at least the thought of getting slapped). My woes aside, I'm just wondering, am I the only one or not?

Who here can call themselves the best Sonic user in their state/province/wherever they are in the world, because of the lack of Brawl or the fact that no one else plays Sonic?

I'd prefer it if you have actually gone to tournaments with other competitors in your location before; a better way to know if you're the only one or not.

Okay! Let's see who we get!
(By the way, I don't know every player in Phoenix, AZ....Just letting you know now.)

I suppose I'm in the same boat as this (par say)...
You see, in Phoenix not many people play Brawl so much (for one reason or another...they normally aren't good reasons at all), but then again, I'd honestly say the people here in Phoenix prefer Brawl. Now that's out of the way...
I know of a few good players, and they like to use Sonic. Of course, they don't know all the little badass tricks that (say) Mr.3000 knows, but they're good none the less. There are a few people I know who can beat me every now and again, but no one beats me with Sonic...
I do like to show up at tournaments when I get the rare opretunity, sadly I am unable to join in them due to transportational and payment reasons. Buuuut when I am challanged, I tend to always clean house...Even the winners of the tournament!

(Just as a heads up too, I have 'earned' the title 'Blue Devil' for one primary reason: AAnyone who ever said Sonic sucked or that I am downright terrible, I have always beaten them in a humiliating defeats. Regurardless if they are champion(s) or not...
...That's FACT.)

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
I guess we're in the same boat when it comes to tournaments. Transportation and payment issues are whats holding me down, but heading to the state over doesnt really stop me. Its just all those tournaments that are hours away driving/flying distance.

Tero.

Smash Champion
lol I have the best german Sonic by far :)
There are actually pretty many sonic players in germany, but most of them only do that online ****

Top Bottom