• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Sonic In The Area

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Woahwoah, let's not jump the gun here, people!

NOTE: This is not a specific, "I'm the best Sonic out there!" thread, before anyone misreads what I say. This topic is for the sake of curiosity, let alone the fact I don't believe it's been broughten up before. A thousand apologies if it has somewhere amongst the hundreds of Sonic pages.

Okay! Now that we've got that out of the way, I've been wondering. Sure, every place has a Sonic main or a few people that play him. But only a few can call themselves the best in that area.

I know there are many mains that stand out above the others such as Magnum, Malcolm, Espy, Tenki, the list goes on of more recognized Sonic players. Most players of Sonic earned the right to be known as the best Sonic user in their state/province/whatever it's called elsewhere in the world. But what about the people that could be considered the best by default?

And by that? I mean in a more grim situation, it's often due to the fact that #1, nobody plays Sonic other then you in your province/state. Or #2, Brawl is almost dead where you are and hardly anyone plays.

In Alberta, Canada, I'm considered the best when it comes to playing Sonic. Here's the catch, it has to do with the two reasons I presented. I'm not so fortunate to have so much Sonic competition in my province, not to mention that Alberta is Melee Central (any mention of the game Brawl might earn you a slap or at least the thought of getting slapped). My woes aside, I'm just wondering, am I the only one or not?

Who here can call themselves the best Sonic user in their state/province/wherever they are in the world, because of the lack of Brawl or the fact that no one else plays Sonic?

I'd prefer it if you have actually gone to tournaments with other competitors in your location before; a better way to know if you're the only one or not.

Okay! Let's see who we get!

Browny

Smash Hater
Yep im kind of the same as you. Competition between sonic mains in my state non existant, and the only other sonic main i know of in this country who visits SWF is greenstreet, but hes in Somoa or something... so yeah. Brawl is also kinda dead here. yay >_<

Tenki

Smash Hero
see, djbrowny's cooler than most us because he can actually claim title of best Sonic in the country.

;3

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
My gods...

The ******* gets to default an entire country! NO FAIR! Also no johns. But no fair!

I wanna invade my own country with Brawl and Sonic now. But Alberta's not cool. ;;_;;

[EDIT]

So c'mon, I know there's more Sonics out there that get the short end of the stick like some of us do.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The only other standout Sonic in my state in Mr. 3000...
So yeah...I kinda gotta outdo him.

2nd best in the Southwest sounds close, and I'm sure 2nd Best Sonic in Texas is about right...

Even though there are only two standout Sonic mains in the region... >_<

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
My gods...

The ******* gets to default an entire country! NO FAIR! Also no johns. But no fair!

I wanna invade my own country with Brawl and Sonic now. But Alberta's not cool. ;;_;;

[EDIT]

So c'mon, I know there's more Sonics out there that get the short end of the stick like some of us do.
Try England. I only know of ROOOOY and Chis...I know of about 3 or 4 England Peach's including myself but only one goes to tourneys (and I think he plays Melee Peach anyway)

But I can't think of any other Sonic's

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i dont consider how good a sonic you are by how well youplay againt other sonics, IMO thats a step in the wrong direction, because i live in Arlington VA right now, and YOU KNOW who live in that area? I havent played a legitamate sonic main offline though, but now i dont know if it matters. im more concerned about the meta. The best sonics, in theory do the best against the current meta, of course that means brawl has got to be pretty relevent for this fact to stand. if it isn't, then thinking about if youre the best sonic in the area is kind of pointless...

Tenki

Smash Hero
@JaySagara:
Still, if there were more Sonics in your area, you'd be able to rate comparatively how well you do against other people.

;/

I wonder how Umby's doing. :3

Trillion

Smash Ace
I know there are many mains that stand out above the others such as Magnum, Malcolm, Espy, Tenki, the list goes on of more recognized Sonic players.
Hey spin-dash, magnum here. Haven't seen you on SWF before, I think I've only seen you on AiB. Anyway, I certainly wouldn't call myself one of the "stand out" sonic players. I think I'm probably far behind at least half the people here on SWF and all of the other sonic mains you listed there are far better than me.

As far as my state goes though, I haven't yet heard of anyone else in Missouri who mains Sonic except Ironboots33 plays a little Sonic, but I've played her and in a Sonic ditto mine usually wins, plus she plays Diddy and G&W more so I'm not sure she counts as a Sonic mainer. So, I guess that I might be able to call myself the best Sonic in Missouri, though I have no proof that there isn't somebody better than me.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I didn't think they do either, but I played her in person, so I know she must be. She's good too. Unless she isn't really a girl afterall.... hmmm....

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Are Pheonix and I the only Sonic's in PA who've gone/go to tournaments?

If anyone else does, speak up.

Terios, you should go to tournaments man.

:093:

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well at big tournaments I place well in brackets with Sonic and C.Falcon.........iunno about any other Sonics in Canada............. but when I ditto'd (mirror w/e) Anther we were DEAD even. doubts that he'll still remember me............ ;(

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Working on it. Kinda. Not really. I'm hoping to start in the summer. I suck though so it's not like I'll be good representation. lol
lol, well we need more representation anyway. PD and I have only been to ONE tournament...and it was the same one, lol. Not too much Sonic rep comin' from PA, even though we have a fair number of them.

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
AFAIK I'm the only Sonic main in Ottawa, and I'm also the worst Sonic in Ottawa :(

That having been determined when I lost a best-of-three $1 MM against IvanEva, who seconds Sonic now.

I lost because I didn't realize he was running the clock on me in our last match...... WHARRRGARRRRBLLLL!!!!

And another good Ottawa player toys with Sonic from time-to-time so we'll be having moar moneymatches for the "best Sonic in Ottawa" title, next week I think.

Someday....... someday I will take this (meager) title back............ rawr!

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711
I don't know how Sonic is in NC, but I'm trying to be able to go to a tourney in March. Maybe I'll see other sonic players in my state.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol

I live amongst some of the best Sonics...

I'm in Queens NY.

THat's in between LI (Boxob) and NYC/NJ (Malcolm). Plus, you got KID upstate.

So at the very least, I'm surrounded by good Sonics.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
XD, I might claim the title best Sonic main in Yonkers, NY, probably the entirety of Westchester County, if I count my actual home. Seeing as I dorm in the city now tho... theres alot of others around. But I'm getting there XD.

I kinda consider NY/NJ one state when it comes to smash. At least around the metro area.

Lets see... there's Me, Malcolm, MarKO, Boxob, CiTH, ShadowLink, KID, Blue, Kai. I haven't heard much recently from the latter two though.

Does Wes compete with Sonic at all anymore?

Gaahhhh, I was all ready to go to the weekly this friday, and now it seems I won't be able to go =[

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I live in South Orange NJ but im @ Hofstra University like every other weekend (Long Island) because I used to go there and have tons of ppl to visit. So i am all over both states =D

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Any Sonic mains in West Michigan? If not, I claim the Title. In fact, I think I'm the best smasher period in my end of the state. That said, I've often mentioned that If I cross over the Grand Rapids border, I'll be crumpled up and tossed to the side. At least, maybe. Who knows, maybe I'm better then I think.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
There are only 2 Sonic's in Maryland that stands out, Me and Shadofiend. I can't say who is better because I never seen his recent vids. I need to go to more tournies now.
we need to play each other more. if youre close enough to get to the metro, then you can reach me/i can play u. but, maybe u should go to chus this weekend. im trying to go myself. you too shadowfiend.

Im in Arlington, and not far from the metro, so if sonics in VA/MD wanna chill and practice together (not just sonics) lemme know and we can do it at my place.

EDIT: Tenki just called me "JaySagara"....:( this is so not steak. that will be the last time it happenes :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yep im kind of the same as you. Competition between sonic mains in my state non existant, and the only other sonic main i know of in this country who visits SWF is greenstreet, but hes in Somoa or something... so yeah. Brawl is also kinda dead here. yay >_<
see, djbrowny's cooler than most us because he can actually claim title of best Sonic in the country.
LOL best Sonic down in aussieland?

There's quite a few Sonic's in PA. Not sure where'd I'd place. No Tourneys for me. T_T
No johns.

Girls don't play Smash Magnum.
Dis is da sad truth.

I can claim one of the best Sonic's. Why?
Cause I am one of the few good Sonic's XD
*coughbigegocough*

Uhm... I would only call myself the only Sonic who actually bothers to browse the intorwebz very often, as for me being the best Sonic on the West Coast... I d*** well know I'm going to be competing for that title.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I'm best and only Sonic in NM. As far as the southwest I'm top ten sonics, maybe top 5 (but that's streching it as I have yet to play Sonic in an actual tourny, plus i have Espy/3000/Izzy/X to deal with).

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
*coughMASSIVEegocough*
Fix'd.
It was supposed to be a joke

You can be good if everyone else sucks just a bit more
Uhm... I would only call myself the only Sonic who actually bothers to browse the intorwebz very often, as for me being the best Sonic on the West Coast... I d*** well know I'm going to be competing for that title.
O_O

Superhacker75mil

Smash Apprentice
**** this area. It's alright though, it's really a good thing...Sonic has at least a crumb of respect in NY/NJ thanks to the whole list of folks previously mentioned.

I swear, I'ma break into that list...

Top Bottom