• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Sonic In The Area

Browny

Smash Hater
have you been checking the australia forums? tourneys are happening more often than ever now... It IS the holiday break (from school and university/tafe) right now, thats when all the tourneys are on. And i think I have a right to claim best Sonic in australia for now until someone proves otherwise.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
I've been checking the stigma-b melbourne thread, and all details on the dates are still pending. I heard from a friend that they would start early 2009, but there is still nothing..

Tucker!

Smash Rookie
id say the top three players ive seen are malcolm coming in at number one, Tenki at number two, and infnzy at number three, but in my area alone, im seriously the only sonic player who plays him competitively, and i think im deceant, ive been watching malcolm play alot and its been helping me, and tenki gave me some real good advice, id say around the collinsville area, theres only one sonic that comes close to mine, and thats leavants, hes almost as good as i am, but still not quite there, but other than that i honestly dont know any other sonic player from the collinsville area, if you live around here prove me wrong and message me back =P

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I feel like Im the top sonic in my area. obviously in experience the guys have me beat, but in terms of mindgames i think im one of the best.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
id say the top three players ive seen are malcolm coming in at number one, Tenki at number two, and infnzy at number three
infzy is the worst Sonic in Ottawa.

(I'm sorry, I just can't help it :p)

:093:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Same here.
I'm the only Sonic I know of here, so as long as no one challenges me for best Sonic of Holland, I claim the title :D

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Supreme tenderloin Steak

Holy crap, Malcolm's Sonic took a match off of M2K's MK in a tourney set at BBC Finals here in NJ.

It had the crowd in an uproar; he did it in the second match. I couldn't watch as much because my friend PRiDE had an important match on the line with Keitaro (he won it, I'm glad I was watching, it was intense). He did the lose the set, third match at Delfino, I think he was two stocked with M2K at a high percent, but still. Beyond tender.

Yeah, this guy's just too good. I don't really care what's what, he has to be the best Sonic in the States.

Meanwhile, I seem to be at a point I can really only go up from...v_v; Bad day for me.

But I'll do it. I'll figure this out, though I doubt it'll be a Sonic-exclusive affair ever again.
Was it recorded?! I wanna see it!

Malcom and Espy, best of the best. Keep showing them that they're too slow.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
:D

I disagree. I could also just not play you and still claim it, because I visit the Sonic boards, and you don't. Bwarrr.
Many good players don't visit the Sonic boards, or smash boards. Like Mr. 3000.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What I want to know is how the Hell does Mr. 3K perform so well without our assistance?

Tumby doesn't count because he's been around before, and would've picked up on some things, but Mr. 3K has been all alone in the cold, dark tourney scene...

Good lord, if I hadn't found out about this place, I would've given up on Brawl because it gets so boring without the community and the competitive drive. I would've also dropped Sonic entirely because I wouldn't have realised all the junk to him and how huge of a learning curve he has. Ike is a lost cause by this post I'm sorry to say, but at the rate he is going, he has nowhere to head for but down.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That may be true, but if he really does lurk, why would he deliberately not throw us a (T-)Bone (Steak) to at least let us know he's alive and reppin' da Steak?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Steak.

But seriously, what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Mr. 3K really needs to give us some kind of sticky-note to let us know what he is up to... I'm not asking to know about every fine detail like what kind of toothpaste he uses the morning at the tourney day, but yeah you get the point...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey guys, maybe 3K has a real life outside of smash and the internet D:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey.

Shut up.

Hey.

I think this is directed towards Kinzer, but seeing as you didn't specify and posted immediately after me, I must take offense.

But yeah, maybe 3K doesn't just take smash as seriously as we think he does? Maybe he just hates forums? I'unno.

Trillion

Smash Ace
id say the top three players ive seen are malcolm coming in at number one, Tenki at number two, and infnzy at number three, but in my area alone, im seriously the only sonic player who plays him competitively, and i think im deceant, ive been watching malcolm play alot and its been helping me, and tenki gave me some real good advice, id say around the collinsville area, theres only one sonic that comes close to mine, and thats leavants, hes almost as good as i am, but still not quite there, but other than that i honestly dont know any other sonic player from the collinsville area, if you live around here prove me wrong and message me back =P
is collinsville like IL near St. Louis? If so, I live near St. Louis so we might be able to set something up?

Catt

Smash Apprentice
I main Sonic in Texas!

The only other standout Sonic in my state in Mr. 3000...
So yeah...I kinda gotta outdo him.

2nd best in the Southwest sounds close, and I'm sure 2nd Best Sonic in Texas is about right...

Even though there are only two standout Sonic mains in the region... >_<
I'm not good in Sonic dittos, but I'm pretty sure I'm ONE OF the best Sonics in Texas, can't say exactly how good though since I don't have the money to go to tournies.... but hopefully I'll get a job soon and that'll change.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You gotta prove it though... you may just be the best Sonic down in TX, but you have competition down there... with two other individuals to my knowledge.

...It's cold... dark... and lonely down here in the WC... only X plays Sonic, and he's in Utah, but AFAIK nobody is reppin' da Steak down in Cali... seriously guys, I'm all on my lonesome here not including X.

Oh. and that also doesn't really include this other dude I know in tourneys, since he kind of likes to use Kirby sometimes and doesn't really post anywhere except in the local forums, and to boot I don't know of how many other tourneys he goes to.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Why does it say "banned (6 points)" on some peoples' avatar
Ive seen it on like 5 Sonic mains....lol
As Kinzers location says:
We has the hax on SWF.

I agree that Mr 3k should show himself, were he lurking. And Cam, don't be silly, what could you possibly do outside of internets and smash?

:mad088:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
G2, do you really need that sig now that you have the banned avi yourself? Seriously, unless you have that Joktler, you'll look like some kind of crazy Neo-Nazi, and that's no good!

I also wonder if they have Brawl in Africa... that would be funny, seeing as how that one person who might play Sonic in Brawl down there would undisputedly claim best Sonic if they just said so on this forum right now.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...

You gotta prove it though... you may just be the best Sonic down in TX, but you have competition down there... with two other individuals to my knowledge.
Yeah... I might be. I just know that I am almost undoubtedly in the Top 5 best Sonic's in Texas. I really hope any of those places I applied for hire me so I can start affording tournies. Then there may be a new Sonic in Texas to be reckoned with in the competitive scene.
I counterpick Sheik in match-ups where I can't do enough to them with Sonic. I don't really counterpick Sheik against any certain characters, just certain playstyles that I have trouble with. I main Sonic, and usually go straight up Sonic 95% of the time. (Melee just made me too reliant on those amazing needles.)

R4ZE

Smash Ace
So does a sonic mirror match really prove who has the better sonic? IMO sonic v sonic is easy for sum1 to pick up and do, while sonic v... gaw/wario/snake is way more challenging.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Mirror matches usually don't mean anything, lol. They kinda do, but not really.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Awesome.

But I think to find out who the best Sonic is, is to see who has the best ratio of tourney placings and placing in the bigger tourneys.

No other way to get it out, seeing as how that is how you find out who works best under those conditions.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
very true. Well im pretty much terrible in tournies... (despite ppl freaking out and watching me play as if i was jesus walking on water) so i guess i will remain 2nd best sonic in FL.. CURSE YOUR DARK SONIC! lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Have you posted tournament results R4ZE?

I want to see :O

Tenki

Smash Hero
KASR for Illinois' best Sonic.

For that reason alone, really.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
So how many Sonic mains in Australia? Specifically Victoria/Melbourne, seeing y'all at STIGMA-B hopefully. I've gotta be high up in the Sonic mains in Melbourne tho, who mains him here?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
So does a sonic mirror match really prove who has the better sonic? IMO sonic v sonic is easy for sum1 to pick up and do, while sonic v... gaw/wario/snake is way more challenging.
Sonic vs Snake is my Fav high tier match up. In fact I'd rather play him then characters like Kirby and OlimarXD

But then again maybe the Snakes I play just aren't that good and the Kirby and Olimar player I play against is amazing XD

I need to play more people that are significantly better than me :/ I feel like I'm starting to get stuck in terms of how well I play as a Sonic main.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yep im kind of the same as you. Competition between sonic mains in my state non existant, and the only other sonic main i know of in this country who visits SWF is greenstreet, but hes in Somoa or something... so yeah. Brawl is also kinda dead here. yay >_<
yay i'm home... i played brawl today, i'm not as rusty as i thought i would be. so yay again..

Top Bottom