• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
to me, he's kind of touching on the differences between pp and shiz.

pp plays falco in a way that many people can understand.
shiz plays falco at times in a way that very few people can understand, but it'll just **** everything.

some would say that shiz has a higher potential because of his ability to play...like dashizwiz.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i feel like only top top top players can judge whether a player's potential is of their same caliber. if we don't even understand how they're playing the game, how can u judge how close they are to the top metagame?
i agree, but if this is true then this thread shouldn't be alive

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Do you really have to place as high as an individual to understand how they are playing the game? I'd say there are exceptions to this.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i guess i don't think you need to be a top player to say that a player is good, but i think to judge one top player's individual skills over another, or judge specifically, you'd need to be a top level player.

using mango's brain as a judgement system would be perfect imo, JUST the brain not mango too =3

LoL calle be namesearchin

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So a knowledgeable player like mogwai couldn't tell you many specifics about pp's style of play vs shiz's style of play, just because he isn't on their level?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Oh well, not sure how to respond to that, though it doesn't seem like his post is implying that either, styles of play is irrelevant

Hack

Smash Journeyman
to me, he's kind of touching on the differences between pp and shiz.

pp plays falco in a way that many people can understand.
shiz plays falco at times in a way that very few people can understand, but it'll just **** everything.

some would say that shiz has a higher potential because of his ability to play...like dashizwiz.
Good call, this is kind of how I see it too. Maybe Shiz could work on his defense/recovery, but boy, when on the offense, everyone backs down.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I don't back down.

What I meant in my earlier post was that Calle has these moments where his opponents' brains turn to mush. With Mango, it might get stuck in his hair and beard.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
That feeling you get is just you being overwhelmed. Most player's play level will fluctuate while playing, so if you are playing someone who is comfortably even with you, you will notice bursts where they have a consistent advantage or you feel that advantage. It's kindof like a moment in time where you don't know what to do and get stuck while trying to figure it out. Meanwhile, you're getting whooped on screen.

Calle W, according to Hack, overwhelms him occasionally, but not consistently, and that could be for a number of reasons, but I'm not going to speculate as I honestly haven't watched him play ever.

Armada's base level of play will overwhelm most players below him, but players at his own level don't usually crumble while playing him. His playstyle is incredibly stable imo.

Mango overwhelms pretty much anyone he wants to with a wide variety of characters, and he does it often. He can really make anyone feel pressured and make mistakes. His base level of play is comparable to most of the top players playing well and he fluctuates to being untouchable.

I don't see that kind of play out of anyone at that level but him tbh, which is why we say he is a level above the rest of the top players.

This post is worded awkwardly because I'm at work and need sleep lolol

PB&J

Smash Hero
the mango situation..i think if m2k had more confidence or more drive to play he can beat mango, but that isnt the case. mango surpasses him.

Im postive Armada vs Mango would be really close. armada has the skill,confidence, and people experience to beat him. (mango needs to try @ pound and im sure he wants to defend is title)

Same thing with Hbox vs Mango(not scorp) hbox has the skill,confidence, and people experince to beat mango..it seems like hbox is getting closer and closer in beating him everytime(tourny matches)

Shiz vs Mango would be sick..shiz never lost in to spacies since ..a long time..so im positive..absolutely postive, that mango will have to go puff to win against shiz(in tourny) shiz has the skill, most confidence ive seen besides Mango's, and people skill's to beat him.

its like everytime i see shiz play ,i always honestly think he is going to get 4 stocked by everybody since he doesnt play the game(same with jman) but then i see how smart and evenly skilled he is with the top,top pros.

so out of all the people that i think can beat mango's A game it will be armada/shiz

hbox will be the other..

p.s.-amsah too..i forgot about that guy

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
didn't shiz lose to a pikachu?

i've lost a little hope in that guy...

but really though, i think mango would work shiz.

assuming mango really has retired his puff, i think that if m2k's fox can beat hbox's puff, mango's can too.

as for armada, mango's fox also puts pressure on like nobody else. i think it could be close with armada using his turnips really well for edgeguards, but idk...

this is sorta random, but i wanna see king vs pp and SS vs pp in tourney pretty bad.

PB&J

Smash Hero
alot of people lost to pikachu/axe..dont use inui logic please

shiz has more confidence then anybody i ever met..ill make sure he plays for a week ,for he can win pound 5..just for u

mango would be restricted to falco/puff..his fox vs shiz..nah..plus shiz has fox for falco too..just in case

in telling u, a rematch of mango vs armada and shiz vs mango would be sick..sick i tell u

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
PBnJ, shiz and chops are both extremely good players, but you are definitely biased towards them. Mango does NOT have to go puff to beat shiz. I know shiz has what it takes to take some games off of Mango, but when Mango is really trying, and stepping up his defense and mindgames, shiz won't be able to hang most of the time. Shiz is absolutely amazing, don't get me wrong (I love his falco and fox to death and I can tell from vids/his commentary and what people say about him that he's an awesome guy lol, I'd really like to play smash/chill with him), but he makes mistakes frequently that Mango does not, plain and simple.

PB&J

Smash Hero
did anybody see mango vs shiz @ apex right before mango ***** hbox in those mm's..it was epic..

let me say this again

SHIZ DOESNT LOSE TO SPACE ANIMALS..ROUND THEM ALL UP..HE WILL BEAT ALL OF THEM..INCLUDING MANGO..i guess i need to record some more dumb friendlies and mm's..shiz vs spaies in tourny is crazy

like i said..it will be epic

armada vs mango rematch too

amsah vs mango..im sure that will be sick too..his style is like ..keepspeedn's

we will see though..i guess scorpion master needs to turn back to mango for all of us to see

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If I knew I'd be there when the match took place, I'd do $100 side bet on mango's fox vs shiz fox or falco, as well as PP's falco.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i agree with ace, pb&j i sware everytime i see you post its about how good a florida player is

you honestly think mango wouldn't beat shiz with his like..2nd most legit main? chops/shiz are my two most favorite players OF ALL TIME. literally. in that order.

but even i gotta say it how it is.

PB&J

Smash Hero
wow..now u think mango 's fox can beat shiz..lol..and pp can beat shiz..lol..i want to see shiz's fox vs pp.. we already seen the friendlies/mm's that they did at apex and shiz one like 80 percent plus of the matches..

i dont bet though , so if your trying to get me to side bet. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN..NEVER

anyway,

i hope the mexicans twins go to genesis 2..im pretty sure both of them can get top 10..they are really good it seems..man there are alot of players that are good these days that people dont know about.

mango-please try @ gsg2..i hope u and jman are in grandfinals..that would be good to see..like those firendlies between u guys @ rom 3

edit; i also hype up hax and jman before pound 3 and people didnt belive me..now both of them are great and other people's eyes..

bias? who cares..hes that good

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
pb&j it seems like you see the game from a flashyness/techskill perspective..the mexicans are good, but top 10 in the world?[basically, it's genesis]

sounds a bit much, i don't think any top level player would agree with you there

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You laugh at my bet but you won't match it? Damn son, that says something about what you REALLY think will happen if those matches took place...

PB&J

Smash Hero
i dont mm/side bet..its gambling in my eyes and i dont wont to do it..sorry i know when they play people will place bets with u though..just not with this guy typing.

pp needs to get better at falco dittos first before he can beat mango/shiz.

Mango never played shiz before in all the three tournies they been at together..we will see what happens though..my point of my first post with armada included, was confidence vs a player like mango goes a long way and i know aramada and a few others have it, but only a select few with that much skill .

i hope calle w does good..he looks really smart but i only see him play armada. i want to see him vs alot of others too..im sure he will be top 16 ,10,5,4,3,2,1..who knows..lol

we will see

Amsah- how do u think u will do vs Mango? honeslty

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Mango also lost like 3-10 to armada in friendlies at apex was it? :p So idk what the matches vs shiz really meant... just wait for tourney, no point in debating it; the biggest problem with this thread in general is that everyone is biased and hardly plans on accepting another person's view point, so arguing is going to go approximately nowhere >_>

Even completely ignoring every aspect of the mexican/south american players gameplay... just their DI by itself is bad enough that I can't believe they'd do incredibly well. We don't have anyone to compare them to, so its inaccurate to call them bad/awful/amazing; either way, their DI is appalling.

It's like when Silent Wolf and Eggz fox ditto and make it look like they're purposely DI'ing badly to make combos work... <3 WA? =D

PB&J

Smash Hero
i think most people in the community cant see skill from other countries when they have alot of tech skill.

they are good..west coast di is bad but a good amount of them are good too..there is no way they will get completely ***** like i use to think back before genesis( i said armada was going to place like 17th..lol)

if players are best in there country..there is no way they can be that bad compare to us americans.

anyway..

ill see u guys at the top

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
The best player in the world is that falco player from NC. forgot his name, dont really keep up with melee.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I never heard the results of that big tournament in Sweden. The one in which the Dutch were coming to Sweden to play, how did Calle fair at that tourney?
Hasn't happened yet.

2. Dr. Peepee.

Hungrybox. He plays on easy mode.
lol

i hope the mexicans twins go to genesis 2..im pretty sure both of them can get top 10..they are really good it seems..man there are alot of players that are good these days that people dont know about.
I spam about them occasionally. Dark, Star, Ghost, Zant, ZhuV, Zeck, Javi, Twin, Calle W, Ice, Jeapie, Hack, Baxon.... There's a ton of talented players that have never played in a US tournament that would perform well. I'd imagine most of them are capable of getting into a bracket at a national (though with everyone worldwide included, some wouldn't due to death pools), but I think only Javi and Calle W are the only ones capable of placing in the Top 10 area. We'll have to see someday.

But soon we get a second take of Amsah, HDL, Remen and hopefully Zgetto sometime too.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Um... west coast DI isn't really that bad anymore...

and yeah, see you at the top... loooool
I sometimes question this while watching them get 0-deathed; its bad enough that its noticable, how about that? >_<

Yo evan, I'm gonna beat you to the top =]

That falco from NC? Nahhhhhh I heard he was pretty terrible; he won some scrub-*** tournament called Revival of Melee 3 or something. I'm surprised I even know the name of the tournament :awesome:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I could have sworn 100% of people agreed that PP is the best Falco but I guess............not?

idk >_>
Lol, seriously. I saw this...

pp needs to get better at falco dittos first before he can beat mango/shiz.
And almost replied saying "maybe someone who hasn't played hardly any melee in years should think twice about thinking he'd **** the best current falco main in the world"

Lol, zero offense to shiz, he's awesome. I'm sure every great player has their fanboys that embarrass them from time to time.

Druggedfox, everyone gets 0-deathed every now and then. WC DI has improved.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Especially in that actually REALLY good lovage vs zhu set that just got put up that everyone is freaking out about. I mean its pretty good if you ignore the fact that zhu DI'd up on almost every nair for 5 matches straight (no offense zhu, I love your falco... but its a convenient recent example).

Not even just WC though, one of the worst things about professional smash is people's DI; at that level of play it should be significantly better.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
so im positive..absolutely postive, that mango will have to go puff to win against shiz
just... no.

PB&J, it's good that you have confidence in shiz's abilities, but to deny results is just stupid. being the best falco does not mean being good vs. spacies, it's placing consistently high, which peepee does, and shiz does not. falco and fox are not the only characters in this game, being good vs. spacies does not make you good, it simply makes you good vs. spacies.

shiz is extremely good, but he's not currently at the level that peepee is, and nobody is at the level that mango is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom