• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
If you believe you have nothing more to prove, then maybe you shouldn't go... unless you want to have a great time, which I'm sure you'll have. There will be more good matches as well, and lots of OOUS-pros attract hype/attendance.
I never had anything to prove to begin with. I go for self improvement & to have fun..=]

I'm just trying to look at it from his perspective. Last time, he got 3rd, only the two Puffs advancing farther. He has stated himself that Puff is broken (I agree), and that Sheik really can't do that much against her at a high level, so he might not wanna travel that far only to try his strength against the two Puffs he hardly thinks he can beat.

However, I was also pointing out that there are other reasons for going, having fun for one! =D
I don't think Puff is broken, just that (s)he's really good (and even better against Sheik).
But that's not the reason I lose to Hbox & Mango, they're just ridiculously good..:redface:

Even Fox? :o
Even Fox.

For Amsah I really don't think there is much to look forward in playing someone who isn't even considered to be the best in his country.
You take that back right now.

PeePee's amazing.. <33

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Seriously, I bet Amsah can't wait to play PP... I'll be looking forward to that one, it's gonna be sick. I'm also hoping M2K is really on his game this time around. Pound 5 is going to be nuts.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The fun thing is that Amsah and Armada are both incredible in the Falco match-up, but Dr.PP did almost beat Armada and him vs Amsah will definitely be something to see.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Is Merkuri trying to make himself look like an *** on purpose?
(for those of you who haven't, read the ROM3 video thread)

Amsah will beat PP if they meet, I think, though it will be close. Regardless of the outcome, the matches will be great.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
The fun thing is that Amsah and Armada are both incredible in the Falco match-up, but Dr.PP did almost beat Armada and him vs Amsah will definitely be something to see.
that was only because armada had to adapt to peepee in match 1. thats the match where he studies his opponents. armada has incredible mindgames and peepee is just doing his platform stuff and his standard approaches, not even thinking about what armada could do. so the first match doesnt count. it was a solid 2-0 afterwards which isnt close to beating armada.
and btw armada is incredible in every matchup that is (almost) even. the rest are unfavorable matchups for peach.

and amsah doesnt have the mindset to beat dr peepee. he always talks about how he respects his opponents and how good they are. with such a mentality hes just trying to be modest because he knows hes gonna lose.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
For Amsah I really don't think there is much to look forward in playing someone who isn't even considered to be the best in his country.
wow, you're an idiot.

and amsah doesnt have the mindset to beat dr peepee. he always talks about how he respects his opponents and how good they are. with such a mentality hes just trying to be modest because he knows hes gonna lose.
you're also an idiot.
amsah, from what I can tell, has a great mindset. respecting your opponent, and knowing how good they are is the easiest way to be able to play calm and effectively against your opponent. disrespecting and underrating/underestimating your opponent would just set you on the path to failure.

also, do people not realize that mango has quit playing puff or...?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
don't respond to poundslap i promise it's not worth it :]

also mango didn't really quit puff, he just doesn't feel the need to use puff, ever.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
from what i've heard, he's quit puff.

even real (ie, friendly) mango has told pp and others that he's retired puff in singles.

so whether thats cause he doesn't need it, or simply doesn't enjoy it, i personally doubt we'll ever see it again.

also, why the distinct lack of silentspectre in this thread? that dude's pretty good...

strawhats

Smash Master
don't respond to poundslap i promise it's not worth it :]

also mango didn't really quit puff, he just doesn't feel the need to use puff, ever.
the only people i feel that could make mango use puff are dr. pp if he ever overcomes mango's fox/falco, armada (if he can overcome mango's fox), amsah (if he can overcome the difficulty he faces ntsc fox), and m2k if (he stopped playing scared against an opponent of similiar skill)

The only problem is once you get through 1 wall you must overcome an even greater wall (mango's puff)

At this point I think PP, and maybe m2k have the best chance of beating mango's puff.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
that was only because armada had to adapt to peepee in match 1. thats the match where he studies his opponents. armada has incredible mindgames and peepee is just doing his platform stuff and his standard approaches, not even thinking about what armada could do. so the first match doesnt count. it was a solid 2-0 afterwards which isnt close to beating armada.
and btw armada is incredible in every matchup that is (almost) even. the rest are unfavorable matchups for peach.

Just like I said before, a match between 2 equally skilled players is never one sided, the other can adapt too.. stupid guy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ken prolly watches the new smash vids like

"wtf, i used to get it in on this kid's puff, now he's the best? stay free melee community"

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Ya but this is PP we are talking about..
No, you don't understand. This is armada we're talking about.

Obviously everything else that every other player does becomes instantly obsolete when compared to his majesty. If he gets a stitchface, its pure skill; when hbox gets a rest, its random and lucky. Dr. PP vs armada? He just won through sheer luck first match, and it clearly didn't matter. It was really just a 2/3 where armada 2-0'd him, with the first match being a warm up match since the first match never matters when you're fighting armada.

(<3 Armada still, just tired of his trolls)

All this to say...

Kage, don't waste your time =] It'd be better to get on with that warrior training than to argue with the infallible logic

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Just like I said before, a match between 2 equally skilled players is never one sided, the other can adapt too.. stupid guy.
i think u actually want to miss my point, right? ofc the other player can adapt but the point is armada adapts to his attempt at adapting. do you understand that? when peepee was trying to mix it up he just got ***** even more because armada exactly knows what pp is gonna change in his playstyle. i havent seen someone from the usa doing this or any american who is even close to the level of mindgames that armada is so this is why europe is further in terms of skill than usa.

and better you read your statement again, its biased and full of stereotypes and calling me stupid altough i point out my logic well and in detail just prvoes youre ignorant.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/report.php?p=11811430

everyone click that, report poundslap, say he's trolling, flaming, causes arguments on the board. it's definitely not lying.

his posts are so ridiculously blatant in terms of trolling. And the benefit to this is that even if he's not trolling, he's posting bull**** nonsense anyways. Like i won't even argue with him on why it's bull**** nonsense. And it's annoying to see people waste their time yelling at some guy for speaking out of his ***.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/report.php?p=11811430

everyone click that, report poundslap, say he's trolling, flaming, causes arguments on the board. it's definitely not lying.
to be honest i dont understand why youre mad now? i didnt even insult you if you disagree with me just prove me wrong its not like i wouldnt be open for different opinions. or otherwise just dont respond but stop calling me a troll or telling people to report me. youre telling false statements here and if you continue i will really report you!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I liked VBM's trolling so much more. in hindsight, it was so legit cuz north armerica didn't know how ****ing good armada really was so most of it was true and really shook people.

but now everyone knows armada is like, amazing, so poundslap and company are just blowing hot air :[

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I never had anything to prove to begin with. I go for self improvement & to have fun..=]
Nice attitude =)

I don't think Puff is broken, just that (s)he's really good (and even better against Sheik).
But that's not the reason I lose to Hbox & Mango, they're just ridiculously good..:redface:
Agreed. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, just tried to give perspective to some.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
wow, you're an idiot.

you're also an idiot.
amsah, from what I can tell, has a great mindset. respecting your opponent, and knowing how good they are is the easiest way to be able to play calm and effectively against your opponent. disrespecting and underrating/underestimating your opponent would just set you on the path to failure.

also, do people not realize that mango has quit playing puff or...?
ocean we all realize this, just sit back and take mike G's advice.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I liked VBM's trolling so much more. in hindsight, it was so legit cuz north armerica didn't know how ****ing good armada really was so most of it was true and really shook people.

but now everyone knows armada is like, amazing, so poundslap and company are just blowing hot air :[
Lol yeah, i never would've reported VBM simply because his 'trolling' had logic. When you say **** like 'game1 doesnt count cause armada was adapting, so basically he 2-0'd him, or that hboxs rests are random and allllll that other dumb **** he said that people have repeated, it just isn't logical and becomes annoying when people continue to argue with him not knowing better

" so this is why europe is further in terms of skill than usa"

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah, i never would've reported VBM simply because his 'trolling' had logic. When you say **** like 'game1 doesnt count cause armada was adapting, so basically he 2-0'd him, or that hboxs rests are random and allllll that other dumb **** he said that people have repeated, it just isn't logical and becomes annoying when people continue to argue with him not knowing better
sorry but i find it ridicilous that you blame me for things that your subjective minds conclude which arent even true and once i ask you why you think so you dont even respond to me and just continue being a douchebag. its not like i wouldnt give any reasons for my logic. have you ever tried to understand it? or are you just hating without even thinking about it? i wont bother answering on your posts from now on which clearly only aim on starting a debate with me and in the end youre acting like you would be the victim. thats so pathetic and im not gonna take you seriously any longer even if you post in my serious topics. and if you dont start talking in a objective way and continue telling people to hate on me/ or doing spam posts/ behaving inappropriate i guarantee you i will report every single troll post of you.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
good thing i don't care if you take my posts seriously, at all

dirtybit
;D-S-<
;D-/-<
;D-\-<
;D-S-<
;D-)-<
;D-(-<
;D-S-S

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
K.

everyone chill out.

If you don't agree with someone, trolling them and flaming them isn't the answer. If you have a problem with a user, use the report button. If you don't think a thread should exist, use the report button.

Any posts flaming an OP or trolling an OP or another user is going to get slapped with an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom