• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players (Post Apex 2012)

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
All i've got to say on this topic is that they are all really amazing players and I think hearing what armada and mango would say. I wanta see mAng0 remind each of us wait we should all be mango fanboys.

If he's reading/is told we all still love you man.

Robsta

Smash Ace
Mew2King (TrollKing):
I love your Marth and think he's the best in the world by leaps and bounds but if you don't enjoy playing him anymore then don't. There will be a lot of disappointed fans (including myself) but so what?
PLAY TO ****ING WIN NEXT TIME
tried Doc? :)

I would say the top 8 would consist of (in no particular order :awesome:):
Shroomed, Mango, Armada, M2K, Dr. PP, Hbox, Javi and Axe.
With most of those players being so close in terms of skill that it's impossible to state a clear winner.

:phone:

dkuo

Smash Lord
Based off of one tournament that he didn't even win? lol
No, based off of how I feel. What I mean is I'm gauging off how he's been playing at apex + some personal thoughts on each person's playstyle as opposed to whether people won or not, they just happen to correlate with the results. As I said, I'm not actually sure how I would place them (other than armada) and I'm more than likely completely off...not that anyone's opinion on this subject matters at all -_-

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
M2K just play Sheik vs. everyone and Fox vs. Puffs and other things you don't wanna fight with Sheik lolz.
I'm one of the biggest fans of your Marth out there M2K, but if you're looking to win I agree with KK.

I can't think of any matchups where Marth would be better than a Sheik/Fox combo other than spacies, but your Sheik does just as well as your Marth vs them anyway from what I've seen. Maybe Peach, but again, from what I've seen your Sheik and Fox do just as well.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
How come spammers keep posting my name just because I went to apex. sheesh

Any ways, Javi is really good. Smart and technical. I hope he can travel more. I had a lot of fun playing him on Saturday.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Calvo, they were doing it to me the entire tournament, even at the start of the first game
Don't take this the wrong way M2k but I think it happens because of how much you like to time people out. You play a boderline broken character, and instead of attacking you just run away. Can you blame them for cheering against you?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Don't take this the wrong way M2k but I think it happens because of how much you like to time people out. You play a boderline broken character, and instead of attacking you just run away. Can you blame them for cheering against you?
That's what almost everybody does in Brawl. If another country can cheer for your own countries best player the least you can do is show some respect.

ELZO

Smash Rookie
1.armada no need to discuss!!!
2.mango
3/4 Hbox or pee pee you can discuss about it
5.hard to say i would say m2k but also good opponets SHROOMED, hax, lovage

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Armada's the best now. I think it's going to take a while to seep into our american skulls.

Oh and SFAT is officially better than M2K and Amsah

Sangoku

Smash Master
M2K is the best overalloverall player in the world, since he's one of the best at brawl, melee and very good (from what I heard/vids I've seen) at 64. I know, that's not the topic, but I felt like mentioning it =).

Armada is pretty decent at 64 too as I heard, but I don't think he plays brawl.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
That's what almost everybody does in Brawl. If another country can cheer for your own countries best player the least you can do is show some respect.
if i may add something, in the apex update thread in the brawl marth boards, after melee grand finals, someone said, "now the melee players have no right to **** talk us about camping" - or something along those lines

afaik, timeouts are extremely rare in melee, where as in brawl they are uncommon to say the least

@ M2k, that ****ing sucks then bro :\

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
No Johns but Amsah was ****ing up lol. Im terrible and he was 2 stocking my Marth. (I think he was about to go play a losers match)
Unless he was going easy lol. And I am terrible...

Zodiac

Smash Master
Im sure a lot of convincing and highly intelligent posts have been made at this point but I will just give my two cents now.

Mango - Did not play as well as he could have (He looked very tired during most of the tournament)
Hbox - Actually got better and played the best I have seen him play
Armada - Played the same as always and better
Javi - @_@
PP - also played well
Hax - Im no hax follower but he seemed to improve a lot

I don't think we can shift around the best player's just yet though.

Jonas

Smash Champion
M2K is the best overalloverall player in the world, since he's one of the best at brawl, melee and very good (from what I heard/vids I've seen) at 64. I know, that's not the topic, but I felt like mentioning it =).
This topic focuses on the best Melee player, not the best Smash player all-round.

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
More like if he fixed his ****ing attitude. There is a clear reason why Armada is number one, it's not because he is somehow magically more talented than everyone else, it's because he is determined, confident and practices daily. And those three things matter much more in the long run than just mere talent. Mango is a perfect example of a talented and unmotivated player. M2k is a perfect example of a player with horrible attitude.

+1000 man . Really i think the key of m2k to beat mango , armada , pp , hbox is be confident in himself , he has the experience , tech skill and mindgames to do it all is in his mind.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Armada used to play Brawl too anyway. At Genesis 1, he got 17th with Sheik (a low tier), tying many good players like Mikehaze, Atomsk, CO18, Rich Brown, DSF, etc. Fundamentals carry over to other games, but I don't think he plays Brawl anymore, lol.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Armada doesn't play Brawl anymore, and he didn't even practice for his past Brawl tournaments because he hates the game.
Someone asked Aniolas why they no longer attend Brawl tournaments in Europe since it's free money (apparently they dominated teams). Aniolas said something like "that's just it, I feel like a prostitute when winning money on a game like that"

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Since I'm not using it for any personal offence, IMO it's perfectly fine to say it. If I get banned or a warning, this place sucks. That sentence doesn't make any sense without that word.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
No idea why that's a more censor friendly word (or why the other word is censored in the first place), but I changed it =).

Top Bottom