• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
the skill gap between m2k and jman isnt as big as you make it out to be, merk. i learned this by playing both of them and talking to djnintendo, chops, m2k, cactuar, and other really smart players

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Merkuri probably got 4 stocked by some random fox player that practiced his tech skill everyday.

:awesome:

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Beat!

Smash Master
When have you ever beaten mew2king in tournament? I'm pretty confident that has never happened. You only ever beat Mango(not scorp) in tournament at that one mass madness where you two HAD ALREADY SPLIT THE POT so mango didn't care. You'll never beat those two players in tournament, the same thing applies to Lucky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K1BtBfsrYY&feature=related

Jman did lose the set, but he still won one game against M2K's marth on FD. So it's not like it can't happen.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I must have played Jman in like I don't know maybe 10 sets before. I have lost one and won the rest. It was a tournament about 2 years ago I think at NY. I sent Jman to losers then Jman beat my fox/marth 3-1 (all games last stock iirc) then I 3-4 stocked him in finals fox dittos (he was playing bad though and i was also playing better). I've 8 stokced him once in a set long long time ago (at least 2 years ago) but he's beaten me in sets and taken me to last game in sets before he is very inconsistent who's best and worst have a big range I think we both are. Like before pound4 he'll beat me in fox dittos 2-3 times in a row then later in the day we will switch who is playing better and I can double 4 stock him in the dittos it's kind of random normally 50/50 more or less except he can randomly play much worse and get ***** while I'm more consistent by contrast generally. At rom3 we'd go even for a while then I'd randomly jv 4 him out of nowhere it's just how Fox works and how he works. It varies a lot but we go pretty back and forth it's just I use many more characters and always end up placing higher but besides that our skill is kind of close I think that's just how Fox rolls.

Hbox please correct evry grammar mistake. for me I did it just for u baby :)

btw i hope this wanst 2 hard to read

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
"I must have played Jman in like, I don't know, maybe 10 sets before. I lost one and then won the rest. It was a tournament about 2 years ago, I think, at NY. I sent Jman to losers then Jman beat my fox/marth 3-1 (all games last stock iirc) then I 3-4 stocked him in finals fox dittos (he was playing bad though and i was also playing better). I've 8 stokced him once in a set long long time ago (at least 2 years ago) but he's beaten me in sets and taken me to last game in sets before he is very inconsistent who's best and worst have a big range I think we both are. Like before pound4 he'll beat me in fox dittos 2-3 times in a row then later in the day we will switch who is playing better and I can double 4 stock him in the dittos it's kind of random normally 50/50 more or less except he can randomly play much worse and get ***** while I'm more consistent by contrast generally. At rom3 we'd go even for a while then I'd randomly jv 4 him out of nowhere it's just how Fox works and how he works. It varies a lot but we go pretty back and forth it's just I use many more characters and always end up placing higher but besides that our skill is kind of close I think that's just how Fox rolls."

M2k's post

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I must have played Jman in like I don't know maybe 10 sets before. I have lost one and won the rest. It was a tournament about 2 years ago I think at NY. I sent Jman to losers then Jman beat my fox/marth 3-1 (all games last stock iirc) then I 3-4 stocked him in finals fox dittos (he was playing bad though and i was also playing better). I've 8 stokced him once in a set long long time ago (at least 2 years ago) but he's beaten me in sets and taken me to last game in sets before he is very inconsistent who's best and worst have a big range I think we both are. Like before pound4 he'll beat me in fox dittos 2-3 times in a row then later in the day we will switch who is playing better and I can double 4 stock him in the dittos it's kind of random normally 50/50 more or less except he can randomly play much worse and get ***** while I'm more consistent by contrast generally. At rom3 we'd go even for a while then I'd randomly jv 4 him out of nowhere it's just how Fox works and how he works. It varies a lot but we go pretty back and forth it's just I use many more characters and always end up placing higher but besides that our skill is kind of close I think that's just how Fox rolls.

Hbox please correct evry grammar mistake. for me I did it just for u baby :)

btw i hope this wanst 2 hard to read
I read all of m2k's post and then i saw this:

"I must have played Jman in like, I don't know, maybe 10 sets before. I lost one and then won the rest. It was a tournament about 2 years ago, I think, at NY. I sent Jman to losers then Jman beat my fox/marth 3-1 (all games last stock iirc) then I 3-4 stocked him in finals fox dittos (he was playing bad though and i was also playing better). I've 8 stokced him once in a set long long time ago (at least 2 years ago) but he's beaten me in sets and taken me to last game in sets before he is very inconsistent who's best and worst have a big range I think we both are. Like before pound4 he'll beat me in fox dittos 2-3 times in a row then later in the day we will switch who is playing better and I can double 4 stock him in the dittos it's kind of random normally 50/50 more or less except he can randomly play much worse and get ***** while I'm more consistent by contrast generally. At rom3 we'd go even for a while then I'd randomly jv 4 him out of nowhere it's just how Fox works and how he works. It varies a lot but we go pretty back and forth it's just I use many more characters and always end up placing higher but besides that our skill is kind of close I think that's just how Fox rolls."

M2k's post
FUUUUUUUUUU

PB&J

Smash Hero
i started reading m2k's post then im like "yeah right, im not reading this rainbow post" then i scrolled down and hbox saved the day

jman is on the same level as m2k imo..he just plays less..like lambchops said " you cant get higher than level 100" and another quote by gmoney " it all depends who's playing better that day"

top level is top level.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
i started reading m2k's post then im like "yeah right, im not reading this rainbow post" then i scrolled down and hbox saved the day

jman is on the same level as m2k imo..he just plays less..like lambchops said " you cant get higher than level 100" and another quote by gmoney " it all depends who's playing better that day"

top level is top level.
What? How can you say Jman is on the same level as M2k. It's laughable. Jman typically doesn't take a match from him when they play in tournament and it's not unusual to see M2k beat 3 stock Jman. When they play no one actually expects a decent match. Granted Jman is probably right below M2k in terms of the skill groups but to call Jman m2k's equal is kind of dumb. I'd bother to list a bunch people Jman has lot to that M2k wouldn't but I'm not in the mood.

Top top level is different from top level.

PB&J

Smash Hero
nooooooo..m2k just plays more..there skill is both top notch imo, m2k just plays more ,but after g2g2 i think jman will play a bit more now so the future will look alot more foxy in the top places

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
nooooooo..m2k just plays more..there skill is both top notch imo, m2k just plays more ,but after g2g2 i think jman will play a bit more now so the future will look alot more foxy in the top places
i dont think its that...
M2k just ***** foxes...
Marth-Fox is like his best matchup

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i dont think its that...
M2k just ***** foxes...
Marth-Fox is like his best matchup
false. hes been dropping games in that MU so he switches to sheik and usually doesnt drop another game in the set. his best matchups IMO are marth dittos. sheik dittos would prolly be his 2nd best

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
theres a critical mass of skill that tends to level out at "top level"

Top level is top level meaning the best of the best are all equal at certain given points throughout a tournament.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
What? How can you say Jman is on the same level as M2k. It's laughable. Jman typically doesn't take a match from him when they play in tournament and it's not unusual to see M2k beat 3 stock Jman. When they play no one actually expects a decent match. Granted Jman is probably right below M2k in terms of the skill groups but to call Jman m2k's equal is kind of dumb. I'd bother to list a bunch people Jman has lot to that M2k wouldn't but I'm not in the mood.

Top top level is different from top level.
man you must really not like me every time i see this thread your ****ting on me lol

its ight tho i just brush of my shoulders

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ken was the best anyways :trollface:

I haven't watched any melee vids from the past year or so really.

I must see more.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i don't think he's as good but he's close (except when he's playing bad - his playing bad gets 4 stocked by me)

also evan i don't raelly play anymore unless you meant last year or before yeah i played a lot last year. This year I don't play except right before a national I play some (except rom3. I went to rom3 without a controller and without playing for 3 months)

my best MUs are fox/marth (or random free characters that my sheik can just **** by combos or chain grabs or just being a better character). I haven't practiced marth dittos in years but I know I'm still good at them cuz i beat mango in one taking 60 damage just before apex XD (even though he probably has 2nd best marth right now maybe I guess I am naturally good at marth dittos or something) and i 3-4 stocked taj at oc3 and 3 stocked ken at oc3 in some marth dittos in the tournament bracket. It's all that lord knight and cactuar practice

my worst MUs are falco/jiggs. Prolly falco atm - I've lost to like every good falco in a tournament match or set. As for peach i can be great against or or suck against her depending how properly I'm camping it's kinda the same with jiggs. Falco I just plain don't like fighting and I haven't since 2005

Mew2King

King of the Mews
no way man

my record vs falco is ****ty compared to other matchups

mofo 4 stocked me once (I 4 stokced him back though the next day but I can't beat him majority if he is playing his best) and pc was able to back in 2005
at 2 of the early 2006 MLgs, I 3-0d KDJ in fox dittos only to fight PC next and his Falco would 3-0 me
Drpp beat me twice recently
PC was the only one to send me to losers at FCD (he 3-0d me although all were last stock, but I managed to 6-0 him back. Everyone else besides him in the bracket I ***** badly)
Zhu beat me at Genesis (even though I think Brawl made me not at my best no johns I still lost)
Zanguzen used to give me trouble in 05/06
Axe beat my sheik in pools with falco even though I 3 stocked his pikachu
blunted object beat me in a game at genesis(honestly I call brawl johns though it was right after a brawl match but no johns) although I ***** him other game I think
Forward can beat me a lot if he's playing good (was a while ago but still)
jman's falco can beat me like 1/4 times lol
lambchops goes almost 50/50 with me

I'm super wack vs Falco compared to other MUs

falco/jiggs are my worst 2 then maybe sheik would be 3rd (based on my record of tourney losses). depending the sheik id fight would depend the char I'd use

fox/marth are my best 2 matchups historically and probably still. I think honestly they are 2 very overrated characters because their metagame evolved fast early on so they're overrated. I think Falco/Jiggs are better characters overall. I've almost always thought this. I've always said Falco is better than Fox and tourney results over 5 years proves it. All you have to do against fox is outrange him it's much easier to get a hit on. A top level falco the only way to fight evenly back is to be a powershield god (and controller affects the ability to powershield also). He takes away dash dancing which is a huge way to **** fox. He really limits your options and he combos MUCH better. Fox's combos you can actually DI out of and don't last as long. A good falco GUARANTEES 40 damage or more from a hit at 0% no matter what. He's just a better character for winning tournaments I've had this opinion for past 5 years.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
m2k, when is the last time you would consider yourself getting better?

you're referring to losing to falco's 4 or 5 years ago. do you not feel that your playstyle has advanced to be a better player than you were then?

Armada

Smash Lord
m2k overall you are really good against Peach.
That´s a big reason why i really like to play against your Marth.
But yeah Marth and Fox is better matchups for you i guess.

Top Bottom