• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Move In Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
It's not that hard, you just have to have good reactions.

I didn't mean the falco can be beaten with spacing; that's obvious. The move itself can be out prioritized if you space well. Good luck doing that with fox's one frame hitbox.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
What if someone Lasers your shine and you get stuck in it for the whole match as they pew pew you.
Scream homosexual comments and make faces to distract them so that they might mess up and stop lasering.

But has that ever happened? It must have been uber lol.

Oracle

Smash Master
i actually heard about that happening in tournament before. It was a question asking if that was considered stalling.

Foy

Smash Champion
Totally considered stalling.

But if i was a TO and saw this happen i would say it wasn't. If someone can get another person in the shine stall i would let them have the match.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Probably Fox's shine. Better than Falco's shine because it only sets up combos on certain characters(and occasionally kills off the top/sets up for shine to up-B).

Only other moves I'd say are close are Jiggs' Bair and Rest.

Rest can be comboed into and can kill/deal damage, but it can also be punished hard with a stock trade or a powerful punish, and whiffing makes it risky.

Bair is great because it has great range, starts up and cools down sorta quickly, is used to wall, can shield pressure, combo, and kill.

Shine can shield pressure, but also cancel into grabs, upsmashes, jumps(and by that, aerials), set up for tech chases/followups at any percent due to its set knockback. Shine also comes out super quickly and cancels very quickly(and is invincible when it comes out). It also allows for infinites, which can obviously rack up damage and set up for kills simultaneously, which is certainly something rest/bair can't do. Oh yeah and the obvious shine spike part lol. Gimps ****.

Shine has damage racker/safer if whiffed on its side vs rest.

Shine has faster startup and cooldown/better damage racking/shield pressure/infinites/invincibility on active frames over Puff's Bair.
the funny thing about this is that the shine still has SOO many other uses

...and it comes out in one frame

EDIT: Shine is not nearly as broken as the DAFT, however

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
In My opinion its peaches downsmash. I didn't even think it could be the best move in the game until i read an interview where ken said he thought it was.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Its either marths fair or Fox's Shine.

lol 1 frame and do it after nearly anything Fox does. It's dumb.

why marths fair-If you space it perfectly against ANY character it will beat out their attack and is arguably the best aerial in the game due to the fact it comes out in 4 frames.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I mostly agree on Fox's Shine.. Low % kills, Great combo material. Reflects projectiles, items. Quick, Almost always a safe option to start/finish, and use even in the middle of comboing!

Wonderful move! =p

kidd69

Smash Cadet
most defitnetly the best moves in all melee is all pf pichus electric attacks what's better then doing damage to yourself then making people feel bad for you into submission :3

if character traits other than "the best move" are set aside, rest is the best. otherwise foxs shine is probably the best.

Oracle

Smash Master
To all the people saying rest: Rest is punishable. One of the reasons it's so good with jiggs is that if she's at a low percent when she rests you, you can't punish her back nearly hard; only if she's at kill percent. If fox had rest, anyone would be able to respawn and get a free hit, starting a **** combo/CG that's easy because it's fox.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Ice climbers down-smash is by far the best move in melee yes i think it's better than the shine. Look at the list of things it can do

disjointed
uber fast
lasts fairly long
does like 20% each hit
kills/racks up a lot of damage
is a combo
can be used to chain throw a number of people
edge gaurd
great approach/tech chase
does a lot of sheild damage and won't be punished by shielding foes to much
hard to punish overall
can be used to de-synce
they duck with the move.

really this move is better than like all of the bottom/low tiers.
you forgot to mention you can CC with this move really well

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
If we're considering which move, given to each character, would improve the most characters by the highest average amount, zelda's down.B is definitely the best

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Falcon's Fair is the best.

What other move is sexy and automatically makes your reach in your pants.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
YL nair is better, imo.

But fox's shine is easily the best, it makes quite a few moves completely safe on shield, as well as gimping ability and waveshining.

It'd be more fun to make a top 5 move list...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Doc's f-tilt. Well for me as a doc. It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom