• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Move In Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
grunt I just laughed so hard i coughed up snot.
That sounds terrible, I'm not gonna read it anymore. LOL

edit: I do DAFT, Grunt. IT RAPESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS It especially ***** spacies side b. Okay, I was lying, I've broken my wrists many times trying to do this.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
The best move is the secret button combination Captain Falcon has. I'm not gonna tell you guys the combination but I will give you a hint as to what it is.

HINT: Thrust

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
downward angled forward tilt
by captain falcon.

now im sure you've been playing captain falcon and axed yourself, "what could i do to edge guard in the most efficient way possible?" or maybe, "How can i become more awesome?" well the answer is simple my friends, the downward angled forward tilt, or DAFT for short. you're probably in training mode right now trying to accomplish this feat of DAFT. well, let me tell you, it's no easy task. some players have spent their lives trying to learn the DAFT, and few have mastered it. The well known Isaiah of California is the prime example of DAFT excellence. It has been said that Isaiah had to travel to the great Mt.Fuji of Japan and scale to it's towering peaks before he could become a DAFT master. do you finally realize the intensity that it takes to learn this amazing move? hopefully you will push forward and make it through the harsh lessons coming up ahead, and become one of the few, the immaculate, DAFT people.

1. WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

Despite the difficulty that learning this move will bring, it is important that you see the move in action before attempting. any uneducated attempts of the DAFT may result in serious injury of your leg, brain, pituitary gland, colon, and may induce violent, mouth foaming seizures. So, I'm sure you all know what the regular f-tilt looks like, Captain falcon swings his leg straight out in front of him. but the DAFT is slightly, and way more awesomely ... awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcuTBmWgfIU#t=4m15s

here is glimpse of Isaiah doing the DAFT against a worthy opponent, and he ended up killing him. coincidence? i think not. now that your feeble mind has harnessed the great power of the DAFT, i bet you want go rush out and try it right away, right?
WRONG! you will simply fail without proper training and initiation.

2. MT.FUJI, YOUR MELEE DISC, A SACRIFICIAL VIRGIN, AND YOU.

So how do you harness the amazing power of the DAFT? like all great things in life, they take time, effort, and human sacrifice. Isaiah didn't get to this position he is in today by sitting at his computer eating piknik and playing Driver 2 on his spiffy Gameboy SP system, now did he? he climbed the worlds largest, most robot infested mountain in the world, Mt.Fuji. he climbed to the top fighting off hundreds of T-1000's with only a toaster with a shellder sticker on it, and Chu Dat's dashingly good looks. Upon reaching the top, Isai and his companions (Chu Dat and his sacrificial virgin) reached the feudal Japanese village, who worshiped the DAFT gods. here, Isai was able worship the DAFT gods for a number of years by anointing his melee disc and removing the beating heart of Rachel (his virgin), and finally returned to California. he was now able to DAFT like no other man in the world could. this process is a terribly dangerous journey, but if you want to become a DAFT master, it is crucial.

3. ****** EVERYONE

The Japanese have taught you to throw out DAFT left and right to obliterate your opponent. the following clips are extremely rare footage of Isai at his maximum power level, Dafting an opponent into submission. then, after that, it shows a complete DAFTing noob (Vulcan55) failing to DAFT at all, and getting mercilessly killed for his impotence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXgkZjQZXQ

It should also be noted that Vulcan55 broke his wrist during the process, and now suffers from bouts of dementia.

4. CONCLUSION

Hopefully you are now aware of the true power of Captain Falcon's DAFT. Since Japanese Feudal magic is not prohibited against in MLG rules, Isaiah was able to destroy the competition by suffering his opponents to his DAFT at only a fraction of his power level. before tournaments all across the globe start to realize DAFT's power, it is in your tournament winning's interest to make the journey to Mt.Fuji and become the best.

Like no one ever was.
...except Isaiah.
It is in Melee, it's called Jigglypuff.
Grunt and ETWIST are both winners

Animal

Smash Lord
Rest.
jiggs bair
falco laser
fox shine/nair/up smash
sheik down throw

overall if it was just 1 move i'd say rest and sheik's down throw (chain grab and other chars it just combos)
you dont think shines the best move in the game? rest is amazing but its application isnt as versatile as the shine.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i do not think shine is better than rest no. Fox can use jab and dodge in replace of shine in most occasions to do powerful mix ups still better than most characters for pressure. Rest is a KO at 11%

yes I mean 11%

Jiggs Bair does 12 damage, which is 1% more than needed to up throw rest fox in the CENTER OF FD WITH GOOD DI and have Fox STILL DIE.

up tilt rest kills sheik at the edge of Poke Stad with perfect DI at 0%

duyzee

Smash Cadet
Mew2King has spoken.

As personal preference, I like Mewtwo's teleport, simply cause it's so fun to use, or Shiek's Up B with them edge double vanish making it look cool.

Stev

Smash Ace
i do not think shine is better than rest no. Fox can use jab and dodge in replace of shine in most occasions to do powerful mix ups still better than most characters for pressure. Rest is a KO at 11%

yes I mean 11%

Jiggs Bair does 12 damage, which is 1% more than needed to up throw rest fox in the CENTER OF FD WITH GOOD DI and have Fox STILL DIE.

Yes, but shine can KO at 0% regardless of the stage or character and has virtually no punishment if failed. Not every match is held on FD, u-throw rest is DI-able and doesn't work on all characters. if you're sheik, stay the hell away from the edge of PS at 0%

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
jiggs bair is only "good" because of her aerial momentum. the move itself is not brokenly good in anyway.

rest does not kill fox at 11% at the center of FD with good DI. its more like 20%. I've survived multiple time past 11%

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Peach's doownsmash.

I think shine is a better move overall, but there's something...god-like, almost comical, about being able to do 63% with one button to someone who has to press 13 buttons to get half as much damage.

keeper

Smash Champion
Yes, but shine can KO at 0% regardless of the stage or character and has virtually no punishment if failed. Not every match is held on FD, u-throw rest is DI-able and doesn't work on all characters. if you're sheik, stay the hell away from the edge of PS at 0%
Yeah, if they run off the stage and you happen to be close enough to capitalize off of it and get a shine and gimp them. Let alone it won't kill everyone unless they are low enough or have no idea how to recover.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
jiggs bair is only "good" because of her aerial momentum. the move itself is not brokenly good in anyway.

rest does not kill fox at 11% at the center of FD with good DI. its more like 20%. I've survived multiple time past 11%
If you read M2k's post, you would have noticed that he was talking about 11% before the up-throw.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
We all Know that Falcon Punch is the best move in the game. I wouldn't have even kept playing 64 if that move wasn't in the game. Basically meaning I wouldn't have been involved in the smash series...nothing like getting it off.

CaptainEvilStomper9

Smash Apprentice

It could also be argued that Fox/Falcos shine are only good because both those characters fall fast allowing them to utilize the shine better, if they didn't fall as fast it wouldn't be nearly as good. Character physics should be applied when talking about a move.

Also the hit box for jiggs bair is pretty broken, it has almost as much horizontal range as marths fair, but not nearly as much upper or lower diagonal range.

Best moves imo
Fox shine, nair
Jiggs rest, bair
Falco shine, dair, laser
Marth fair, fsmash
Peach Dsmash
Sheik Dthrow
DK giant punch

1. Fox shine (I think this is by far the best move, shield pressure, shine spike, shine out of shield, wave shine, shine grab, 1frame.)
2. Falco laser
3. Sheik dthrow/ Falco shine
4.Jiggs rest
5. Peach dsmash

A lot of moves are better then others in certain match ups so its kind of hard to come up with a quick list.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)

WRONG

What I said is a fact.

A bair or nair or fair from jiggs does 12%. That is 1% more than needed for an up throw rest to KO Fox.

from there, even in the very center of FD with perfect DI, the rest will be a KO

ways for this not to happen are if the rest is weakened (in which case it does like 25% or so) and maybe the up throw could be weakened slightly but not as big of a factor. Otherwise, you are simply wrong.

in response to this, Rest basically kills at 0% dude, and it's more practical than Shine. Shine might be better, but I think rest is better. Rest kills even faster on FoD, 0% on Yoshi's Story, and low %s on all other stages. In fact, it's the worst on FD of them all possibly. You guess once right and it is a rest. You get an uair or up tilt it's a rest. You edge hog an up B it's a rest. That's pretty powerful and stupid

VA

Smash Hero

yes I mean 11%

Can you replace shine with jab and dodge when they are dying? Also jabs are so much easier to grab in pressure than shine, you can iasa out of shine faster into another aerial than with jab.

Shine is far more versatile than rest, hence better. Faclo's laser adds an unbelievable level of versatility to his game, so that move is pretty decen.t.

Really I don't think rest is that good . You're looking at it as if Jiggz is on 0% too when she does it. I wouldn't mind taking a rest on whatever % if she's on enough that she dies when I come back. Stock trade is good, but shine good. Shine rarely stock trades, increases your movement options and is a ridiculous gimp and pressure weapon, it also reflects things don't you know.

I think turnips are pretty freakin good too for Peach, Falcon has some nice moves but none that would get on the best move list.

Sheik is the best move in the game. All of her moves together are ridiculous (other than like Down B and Side B).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom