• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea all the action was in my room tonight, had a really good TL/kirby go up against me and a green pikachu/green lucas and he used random. The green lucas/pika would start fights with everyone else, assist me and kill steal with me so we 2v2'ed the room for over an hour and a half...

i got everything on replays. The matches between me and TL were pretty good. I used DDD a char i use for certain match ups. Glad i did i felt so comfortable while TL spammed me. It got to the point where i walled his projectiles out so hard he just gave up and got on kirby lol.

My DDD has had tournament experience so when i bring him out that usually means i dont like an mu for pikachu and TL is just one of those characters id rather get on DDD for, for all the right reasons.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Well I had fun chillin with a red Kirb/black Marth(P2) and a blue Ganny/blue Bowser/dark Fox(P4). P3 was just a plain out noob who kept using jab. He eventually left after some punishment. A DDD replaced him but then P2 started acting like a noob and attacked like one. He got owned then left. A Sonic replaced him and I left after a couple matches. I was a dark C. Falcon/green Snake.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
finny is that your TL in this room with my DDD and this other pikachu

omg im so tried guys ROFL gimmie a break LOL
No, sorry, I was having tornados in my area during that time. The only DDD I saw last night spammed smashes :glare: Probably wasn't you lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
That TL i fought was pretty solid, had a few habit issues but other then that he was pretty good. Im making a few vids of him now so you can see him in action finny, i think you'll enjoy it!

Well after i fought a black falcon at temple, we went to final d and the falcon switched to blue ike and we got alot of lag n he left so. Idk sephy

Sephy95

Smash Lord
That TL i fought was pretty solid, had a few habit issues but other then that he was pretty good. Im making a few vids of him now so you can see him in action finny, i think you'll enjoy it!

Well after i fought a black falcon at temple, we went to final d and the falcon switched to blue ike and we got alot of lag n he left so. Idk sephy
Ok then it definitely wasn't me. I don't use blue Ike, only red and I also didn't use Ike at all lastnite.

Was in a group earlier with a Pikachu/Daisy Peach(P2), a white Marth(P3), and a blue Ike/black Marth. I was messin around with P3 as green C. Falcon by side taunting in front of him a lot. I guess it annoyed him cuz he then fsmashed me after a few taunts so I started trolling him. :troll: I would f grab him and run and he would chase. XD I taunted every chance I got. I even took shots at him as well. I killed him in SD and he KO'd me the following SD. He left after doing his final smash in the air and KO'ing himself. EPIC FAIL, bra. :troll:

Dyclone

Smash Ace
ugh, after weeks and weeks of failure i finally got into an FFA, too bad the only stage we go to is FD

then P-4 left and got replaced by a D3 and P-4 and P-3 become TPers... why didn't i see that coming...

Why is this Toon link after me? He's good N all but i can predict his rolls into my charge smashes easily.

TL left, i can understand but why did that P-4 yoshi meteor smash Jiggs into me? Betrayal!

A blue ike replaces the toon link for P2, i don't enjoy playing ikes with that style of play, so i left him with p3 jiggly.

Oh great someone decided to pick 75 M i ended up doing something else...

New pork city?! that's it i'm out of this.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Was just in a group with an ok Link/red Ike/green and black Marth. Mostly Link though. I was the green C. Falcon/green Snake/red Fox/red Ganny. It was nice having friendlies with you bra. That Ike/Lucario kept hitting us wenever he got near him so me and you started owning him. :troll:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im out and about right now

yellow pikachu no headgear on

lol who was this red snake/ blue rob/ black falcon/ black mario that raged quit against my sandbagging pikachu

Finny

Smash Apprentice

thanks man! I'm looking forward to seeing it! Rarely do I find good TLs in BB.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Was in a group just now fighting this good red Bowser/red Link/red Snake/Ganondorf/red Ike/red Fox. Your MK sucked though wen I saw it. I still don't get why you wanted to fight me though? You were fighting P3 but then you decided coming after me. I was the green C. Falcon/green Marth. I didn't do anything to you, except side taunt and other taunts. I was beating you with C. Falcon most and I barely started using him a couple days ago. Your spot dodging became predictable but I couldn't punish sometimes. Either way in the beginning you were being a **** but after time passed I showed you respect, and you showed it back. It was great having friendlies with you. Hope we meet again.

NintendoNerd

Smash Rookie
Spamming sonic, winning Olimar, Frigate Orpheon anyone?
Or Smashville, winning Sheik, computer Bowser?
Or Bridge of Eldin, Olimar, Link, Iceclimbers and Fox?

Finny

Smash Apprentice
That's because Tink can't camp very well when there's 3 other chars on the stage.
I know that, and I'm very lenient in rating the skill level of people I find in BB because of items/FFA/lag and random ****, but sometimes it's just so painfully obvious when someone is lacking in experience. Aside from the purple tink I saw a couple days ago, the last decent tink I remember was from a few months ago, where I saw him performing BCAT and crazy stuff like that on the bottom level of Mario bros. while everyone else but me was oblivious. He probably could have kicked my *** if he wanted to, but fortunately for my Ness, he didn't.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Silly Taunt Traitor (Peach, Fire Mario, Ganondorf, Jiggs with that (Female pokemon trainer hat from FR, LG) , get ***** by:

Me (Fire Luigi / Black Falcon / Blue Pikachu / Black Marth),

1. A very good White MK, Green Pikachu, Normal DK, Ike (forgot which color)
2. Decent White Marth, Green Ike, Yellow Band Sonic

(Anyone?)

Finny

Smash Apprentice
part 1: dang... great spacing with zair and nair 1st game, though he spotdodged a lot when it would have been better to shield or even just roll away, especially on kirby. I'm no expert on the D3 matchup, but I thought he was in the air too much the second game vs. you.

Nice use of inhale btw to punish aggressive rushes.

part 2: hm, I thought you should have let him 1v1 p4 on temple, but whatevs. was a little impatient on his recovery on fd, nearly got hit by fsmash because of it, then he did get hit by fsmash ftko. overall, I'd say he's very good, with a few habit issues, like you said. Probably has an account here.

nice, thanks a lot for uploading! Once I find my a/v wires, I'll start uploading my personal bb excursions!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That green :peach: fought exactly like the one I've faced when it was just me and a Pit that didn't want to get involved until she started attacking him suddenly. Peach Bomber spam and so easy to counter.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
part 1: dang... great spacing with zair and nair 1st game, though he spotdodged a lot when it would have been better to shield or even just roll away, especially on kirby. I'm no expert on the D3 matchup, but I thought he was in the air too much the second game vs. you.

Nice use of inhale btw to punish aggressive rushes.

part 2: hm, I thought you should have let him 1v1 p4 on temple, but whatevs. was a little impatient on his recovery on fd, nearly got hit by fsmash because of it, then he did get hit by fsmash ftko. overall, I'd say he's very good, with a few habit issues, like you said. Probably has an account here.

nice, thanks a lot for uploading! Once I find my a/v wires, I'll start uploading my personal bb excursions!

Yea he doesnt take alot of risky moves which i think he can do, and he needs to use his other aerials outside of nair/fair. Tinks Bair is REALLY good. Once he learns to do both these things and rely less on playing too camp/defensive he'll be well on his way.

but yea thats how you beat inhale is with Zair :awesome: And thats how he should play in the DDD match up. Hes jumping and using bombs/boomerangs because hes scared of my grab range. Notice how he would approach me only when he boomerangs behind me? I would grab him pummel and his boomerang broke my grab. He was trying to play the patient game with me with good reason, he was trying to annoy me out of my fighting routine so he can break me. But having played a Tink offline in a tournament and having talked with Jash a tink from NJ at MLG, the Tink MU me and DDD have pretty down flat.

fyi i cannot CG Tink very well online. Marth, Diddy Kong, Pit, Tink are hard for me to CG online because the timing is annoyingly hard online. So to compensate i either Bthrow or dthrow>ftilt to build damage. Offline i can do the CG without thinking.

P4 needed me in that 2v1. He wanted the room to stay 2v2 i could tell when he started smacking around taunters. I agree with this and will support him 100% to keep our room taunt party free. This tink also picked up on our team and tried to devise a room with 2v2. But he kept getting crappy players.

That green :peach: fought exactly like the one I've faced when it was just me and a Pit that didn't want to get involved until she started attacking him suddenly. Peach Bomber spam and so easy to counter.
except when its 1am at night i get hit by anything

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
The Tink was good, wish mine was that fast but whtev. He would've been better if he didn't airdodge to zair and mixed it up a bit.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
welp thats the reason i post videos is so people can learn from others and learn from others mistakes, same goes for looking at vids of yourself playing!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
as long as you got the cash to get a recording device do it if your into video editing and competitive game play

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Just got finished hanging out with a cool colorchanging lucas (P2), a trollish pink mk/yellow sonic/many other chars (P3), and P4, who was replaced quite a bit. For about 5 HOURS. P3 was obviously faux-taunting, and tried to betray people in sudden death. the first P4 was 1v1ing P3 a lot, while me (ness/red fox, but mostly ness) and P2 watched. Unfortunately, P2 was always willing to accept P3 back into the party, even though he was being a jerk to P4, particularly in the SDs. When I started Koing P3 in the SDs, P2 started avoiding me, like I was the one being a jerk. So, I tried to be as peaceful as possible, hoping he would hang out with me when the other two were fighting. It took awhile for him to trust me again, but after I went all-out pacifist (P3 attacked me and I didn't fight back, just crouched) P2 started distrusting P3 more than me, and we became friendly again.

P3 continued trolling, and P4s came and went, until a red marth/lucario entered, and he stayed for the rest of the time that I did. One time when it was me and P2 and P3 only, it turned back into a taunt party, but when the red marth/lucario entered, P3 immediately attacked him, not caring whether or not he was friendly, wanting us to team him. Well, P2 and I would have none of that, so we turned on P3, turning it into a 3v1. P3 made it into a trolling situation similar to what we had from the beginning >.>

So... I mostly just ignored him, hanging out with P2 while the other two fought, but P2 sometimes wanted to fight P3, and so P4 and I let him. P2 had a bad habit of rolling too much, but his good reads made them about even. Sometimes, P3 would attack me. I would attack back, but I was mostly just sandbagging and waiting for one of the other two to take over.

And then P3 used yellow diddy. After a couple of rounds, I decided I had had enough of P3s antics and switched to purple diddy myself, for the remaining rounds. We 1v1ed on FD, and I, having a lot of experience with the intricacies of diddy and his nanerz, came out on top. He was visibly intimidated and avoided me for quite some time. Boy was he ecstatic when he "got" me in SD as snake on temple. He taunted like a warehouse-worth of boxes in the cave of immortality and then Ko'ed P2, who was afk that round. I wanted to get off soon, and so after I attacked his sonic in temple, I got him into kill % while only taking approx. 14% myself, and so he circle camped for the remaining 30 secs, hoping to eek out a win in SD. He didn't, and I left.

Sooo,, P2 you were a cool Lucas to hang out with for 5 hours. My Ness typically will look for a Lucas or Tink to befriend. P3, you had some skills with the many characters you used, but for God's sakes learn some decency. Teaming is 4 scrubz. P4, I didn't pay too much attention to you, sorry. You were kind of a generic tper.

Oh the drama of BB.

link2702

Smash Champion
did the pinkish metaknight/yellow sonic use alot of sonic's advanced moves like spin shotting and spin cancelling? and what are a few of the other characters he used aside from meta and sonic...?

that somewhat sounds like some matches i had earlier...but i don't ever remember a diddy vs diddy match....

Finny

Smash Apprentice
no he was a smash spammer on sonic. And he didn't spin cancel or anything else remotely advanced. I would remember something like that. He also used yellow pit/snake/default kirby. The diddy ditto most certainly happened though, so I don't think that was you. Unless you were the lucas, because he was afk several of the rounds that I was diddy. Maybe P3 was
- Someone who plays gold costumes on every character they use, especially Ike and Pit
^^dis guy?

link2702

Smash Champion
ah ok

it wasn't me then, but i got into some matches yesterday where there was a sonic a toonlink and a lucario as well, and i was also a sonic several rounds, i like to break up taunt parties alot and tyr to take on a 3v1 if i can :troll: if i find a decent oppenent then i definatly like to get into 1v1s with em....unfortuantly the other two players in the match usually can't understand this...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yo thanks black link, i won SD because of you

im the pikachu/green link/wolf. We have angry ike/PT/white ness and Red Marth/Lucario/white ganon in here with us. And your on blue ness

ROFL I GAVE YOU THAT KILL BRO SO U COULD KICK THAT KIDS BUTT IN SD WOOPWOOP

damn this *****h be after my *** i trolled him so hard with my final smash LOL

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
man i just made that white ness rage quit

why take this game so serious bro? jus chill out abit