• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yeah that's cool just pm me your fc and stuff and we'll set up a time I'm in central time and work weird hours but I'm guessing we can brawl in the next day or so

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
This thread was the t**s back in the day. Shout outs to those who remember the good old days of the online board, even though you're all dead now.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I can't believe I found a player on Basic Brawl... this is so magical! It's a Red/Green Kirby that's just messing around with me against CPUs was quite a refreshing experience. Thanks whoever you are. Good games.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Alright, so like seriously, who are you Green Kirby, no point to hide, everyone is out in public with smash-4 sigh. I was the White Kirby that was doing those fancy footstool Kirby set-up jab lock tricks. Thanks.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Has it really been over a year since I last posted in this thread? Many memories were made here. It was during that time I made more interaction with the Wi-fi scene as well as befriending users, like @ link and ike lover link and ike lover and a few others.

^-^

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
LOL
Well this place is dead
Mhm, thanks to an abomination called Smash-4.

Edit: I'm so lost with despair, my virtual Kingdom pulverized by Nintendo's selfish decision. Nothing will come close to Basic Brawl nothing. Rest.In.Peace beautiful design known as Basic Brawl. You were so incredible. <3

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Just met a great dark brown Mario and we brawled then fought three CPUs (since we couldn't find no-one else). Overall great experience just a pleasure to brawl against you. Thanks.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Always find this one player that always is on Basic Brawl at night. Whoever you are I admire your admiration for trying to continue to keep Basic Brawl not entirely completely abandoned. We should brawl as well whoever you are. My Brawl code: 5074-0626-2224 Thanks.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games to a great Green Kirby that knew who I was (since I was the White Kirby). We had a great Kirby ditto, won them all (meh) but the important aspect was that there is always one person looking. Whoever you are good games man. Hope to brawl you in a one versus one match (three stock matches). Thanks once more man. Have a good one. Thanks.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Still amazes me that there are still players who search on The Basic Brawl Server besides me <3

Wonderful matches against this Blue MK that was no doubt a tourney player who thought it would be funny to try to find someone and, laugh? Well you found me (White Link or Lavender Link in default texture form). Thank you for the lovely matches always pressure to Cross Bloody Swords with individuals in that mode. Thanks.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
Well, dang. I wish I knew all about smashboards well before the end of 2012. I wish the servers hadn't shut down, but oh well I guess Nintendo wanted their money.....

I still be online searching for random people if I'm not playing any other online player. It get's harder each day though as more switches over to dolphin. Currently I have 15% of finding anyone. Out of that 15% I have 50% chance of finding those that don't go afc or do multiple SDs, 10% chance that I'll find a plain taunter, 25% that I'll find some decent players, and 15% that I'll find someone better than me (techs, buffers, glide toss, you get the point).

When I first started back in 2011, maybe 2010 I was one of the many noobs that was out there. I would rather play around joining many taunt parties instead of fighting. However, that's where the adventure was. I enjoyed watching wario race the other racers on his motorcycle (I'm surprised that most of the wario players didn't sd seemingly since the stage was moving at a too fast pace, even for Sonic when he's running his top speed.). I also enjoyed other things like having a footstool competition with springs, posing as an actual pokemon trainer while watching 2 pokemons go at it (mainly lucarios though), playing the defender role when one isn't moving, and playing the survival game in sudden death. Those were the good old days when you could actually use your imagination to do fun things. It's not like smash 4's "Sakurai World".
Now, I compete. I'll still have fun, but I'm competitive nowadays. Items won't help folks nowadays (unless you're a glide tosser). I won't attack right away without signaling first, and if you're a friendly person I might just give a homie stock. Otherwise, I'm just a plain brawler.

You can still find me online... only on the weekends, somewhere mainly between the evenings and the late nights. I play many characters (about 75% of the cast), but you'll mainly find me playing as a:

- Blue-purplish Fox
- Headband Pikachu
- Blue Pokémon Trainer
- Blue Ike
- Gold or Black Ring Sonic
- Green Zelda
- Lucas
*thinking of pulling out a Kirby sometime in the future*

I'm pretty sure that I came in at a dead time, but if anyone is still wondering who plays Basic Brawl I do. I may be the only one though............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

t took me nearly a month to read, but I enjoyed majority of the post that was on there. I wish I knew about smashboards sooner, I knew I was in at least 15% of the matches there, 20% at most. I would have loved to play with everyone here. You guys are weird in a good way.

I'm a Fox main, but I rarely use him or my secondary, Pikachu, because of lag, I'll mainly sd with them. So I chill with Charizard these days.
Back then, before Wi-Fi was no longer available for that time being, I mained Peach for the 3 or 4 years I was playing with a secondary Sheik. I never did figured out why; I just stuck to her. Naturally, I got better with her through basic brawl....minus the tech skills (glide tossing, bone walking, glide dashing, buffered commands). What great adventures I had with her; I wish I can relive them. I would go back through the entire thread and named those matches that I was in, but that would hurt everyone's eyeballs over the very long post :p

This thread is dead, and it's obvious that I'm wasting my time here. I'm pretty sure that majority, if not all, of you moved on to sm4sh. I wish I was there, but I don't own a Wii U ($300 is too much for a system). So I'm stuck here until I get a better job or win some tournaments. Anyhow, if anyone decides to come back and play brawl just for the heck of it I'll be online on the night weekends, Fridays for sure.

P.S. It's mainly 1v1 these days, for anyone barely plays anymore. Sometimes it takes 2 hours before you find someone. These days, you'll rarely find noobs....maybe a few every now and then, but majority that I find are decent players. Best of all, no more items. :)

Last edited:

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
I guess I better make my first replay entry....

GGs to the white wolf/default Ike I fought last Sunday and Friday. I was the guy who played various characters against you, usually starting out with my blue charizard. I had the items set on low to test what you were gonna do, and you passed. Thank god I haven't seen any item spammers in a minute.

Your wolf isn't godlike, but it's about average. I can tell that you know what you're doing, even if you don't perform any techs at all. Keep it up. Your Ike needs working on. You sorta know what you're doing, but I'm seeing too many smashes come out. It makes me wonder if you're playing with just a Wii controller.....none of my business though of course. I would have love to play with you more, but the NBA finals are here, and my parents are all into that. So don't thing I rage-quit on you yesterday. I shall see you bud.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
2nd entry (want to call it a triple post at this point :facepalm:)

Ran into a reg. Ganon and white DK/(forgot the color) DDD. For the server to be empty I'm surprised that you 2 were already friends. If I wasn't waiting for 2 hours then I would had crashed the party. You lucky I was sleepy. Otherwise, it would had been on. Especially you DK. If the AI wasn't there I would have stolen my point back. It kinda sucked that the group lasted for 10 mins, If I do see you 2 again my sonic will destroy you both. These days I'll rather be or see a 1v1 versus taunting all day. Is that too hard to ask.

Still getting folks around 11:30 (Chicago time) at night. I wish it was sooner, so that I can be at my best (Johns), but at leas I'm playing someone.....

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
This might sound like a silly question, but can you still play Brawl online from the Wii?
Yep. In fact, you can play around 80 games online on the Wii as of right now, Mario Kart currently being the most popular. I usually don't see folks online until close to midnight Chicago time. Even then, it's not a lot

Lunanix

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunanix
Yep. In fact, you can play around 80 games online on the Wii as of right now, Mario Kart currently being the most popular. I usually don't see folks online until close to midnight Chicago time. Even then, it's not a lot
Is this with a mod of sorts or just vanilla? I heard something about a mod before but haven't really looked into it much. Would be really interested if I could play Brawl or Mario Kart online again.

Although since I'm from the UK I hope people stay on for a while, Midnight in Chicago is like 5am here in the UK. I would be playing around 6pm UK time which from doing some conversions would be about 1pm in Chicago.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Is this with a mod of sorts or just vanilla? I heard something about a mod before but haven't really looked into it much. Would be really interested if I could play Brawl or Mario Kart online again.

Although since I'm from the UK I hope people stay on for a while, Midnight in Chicago is like 5am here in the UK. I would be playing around 6pm UK time which from doing some conversions would be about 1pm in Chicago.
Here's a guide on how to play Brawl online if you're interested in doing so.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
I manage to find the same wolf guy I've been fighting for weekends now. It's crazy between us.

Huh? A 3rd person dc-ed us? No fair :(

Edit: Reconnected with the both of them. One loves using items. Please note that I will annoy you with fans and steal your pokeballs midair. So turn them off

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Even though I don't play games as of now just checking messages and just looking at the past. Basic Brawl was the best thing ever! It warms my heart to remember the fun and excitement it has on me. And my good partner who was that Blue Ganondorf that I preached about for years and years. Well, I finally found out who that amazing Ganondorf that we actually developed a bond.

Opana the Ganondorf who now plays the new Smash game. Despite him playing the new smash game. I had a wonderful time finding him at 2 Am in the morning. You will be missed and loved Basic Brawl! <3

Last edited:

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
Been a while since I've been here. In fact, it's been a while since I've brawled online. I'm late with the post, but first day back on Sunday night, and I get myself a full room. Too bad that didn't last long. Anyways, I'm throwing a shout out to the blue Kirby that I played last night. He handed me my butt after tearing it off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom