• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ggs to a very good neutral Ike player as well as a blue marth/ neutral link.

Hope to find at least more than two players (including myself) soon.

EDIT: Ggs to a red shiek/zelda who I just played with for at least 2hrs straight. You were fun to play and really good! Hope we get the chance to play again. :)

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
GGs to a person who played....a whole bunch of characters. Falco, Falcon, Zelda, Fox, ZSS, Wolf, and DDD. I was red Sheilda, Fox, and Cyan Lucario. We played for several hours. Those were some really good matches! Your Falco and Fox are amazing!

EDIT: They also played Marth and Snake.

EDIT 2: So that was you! I knew it had to be someone from SB.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Haha thanx! Though my fox is a$$. I'm better with him offline as well as certain other characters like Falcon and Snake.

Nice Sig btw! Gotta love Trela.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Haha thanx! Though my fox is a$$. I'm better with him offline as well as certain other characters like Falcon and Snake.

Nice Sig btw! Gotta love Trela.
I thought your Fox was pretty good. You utilize his blaster much better than I do.

You mean you're even better offline? 0_0

Thanks! Shame he doesn't play anymore though...

EDIT: Sorry for being so bland with my character selection. I only used 4. :facepalm:

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Everyone is better offline. There's no lag getting in the way.

Yeah idc if you only main 4. You're Zelda alone is very fun to play.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
True. Although I've heard stories of people playing WiFi so much that it starts to mess up their offline play. I don't think it's very likely to happen though.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Well actually most wifi players become better offline. Salem is a good example. The kid is a beast. Although it's not like it matters since the brawl scene is pretty much dead at this point. Thank god for P:M =P

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well actually most wifi players become better offline. Salem is a good example. The kid is a beast. Although it's not like it matters since the brawl scene is pretty much dead at this point. Thank god for P:M.
Unfortunately it is dead...and Smash 4 will be the final nail in the coffin. I could never get into P:M though. It's just...not my style, I guess. Plus I had to get rid of it so I could use the custom servers since I only have one SD card.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Lol yeah I was being sarcastic when I said that. P:M is part of the reason why brawl is dead with the other being Sm4sh of course. Nd I pretty much just got bored of it after 3.0 was released. *sigh* If only melee had online support.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Someone please explain to me how in the world I can get this PAL version, I can't even find anyone on Basic Brawl, after a few minutes, it dcs like that, that's stupid.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Someone please explain to me how in the world I can get this PAL version, I can't even find anyone on Basic Brawl, after a few minutes, it dcs like that, that's stupid.
Idk man. Im using my normal version which im 99% sure isnt PAL and I can find people with wiimmfi. It DCs like after 3 or 4 minutes but after about 20 or so times I can usually find someone.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Idk man. Im using my normal version which im 99% sure isnt PAL and I can find people with wiimmfi. It DCs like after 3 or 4 minutes but after about 20 or so times I can usually find someone.
That's way too tedious man. Alright, I guess that's how it needs to be. Thanks.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ggs Ikes. I almost had you two lol k maybe not. Nice wombo combo attempts some were legit close and that chain grab on ps2 was tight!

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Sorry for the double but green Fox you deserve your own post. Great games if it'd been stocks I'd have had little chance lol

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
GGs to a decent Olimar/MK/ROB. Glad I got a challenge from you. Like my characters?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ggs Falco your snake just ruined my Ike lol but we were fairly even Marth vs Falco. I need to learn the Marth wolf mu cause that was way too tough! Duel mks was fun too haha

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ggs Falco your snake just ruined my Ike lol but we were fairly even Marth vs Falco. I need to learn the Marth wolf mu cause that was way too tough! Duel mks was fun too haha
Don't you ever shield? Jesus!

Good matches regardless. Although I wish you hadn't left since I can't seem to find anyone else.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Lol wife wanted to watch Kirby right back at ya! we're taking on the whole series like ten episode at a time

Edit: nah shield's for pansies. Kidding! Snakes tilts are just too outrageous ;p

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Holy **** you're married that show is still on the air?!?! When does it come back on?

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
it is on youtube... I'd never even seen it before I got that Wii game with the 6 kirby games on it and was like woah, a kirby cartoon tho? sweeeeet. i love it!

FIREL

Smash Ace
Welp... first time being able to find someone on BB in a while.. GGs to this marf, toon link, and link ... all neutral colours.

I was Fire Luigi, Purple Zamu, Red Toon Link and Blue Bowser.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
ggs peach/zss/zelda/wolf

let's see who else we find tonight...

awesome CF right now some of these combos are just straight up gangsta

edit: sorry had to bail CF but I've an early morning tomorrow, awesome games, reminds me of that old "how to play epic/ pro" or whatever thread where you just try to get as many KO/combos as you can w/o being all defensive and stuff, lots of fun!!

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games to a fun Yellow Wario, you knew all Bike tricks, ha ha and I could tell you were speechless when you saw that familiar Link, he he. Yes I've improved quite a lot more with him, thanks for the matches bud.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
d'aww..and Ij uts found my first sore loser/noob in the new basic brawl.....

he got pissed when I kicked his mario's ass one match with my link, went MK the next match and failed so hard that the both cpu's in the match did better than he did(even suicided once) my sonic was juts loling and taunting him the whole time.

<3 some things never change.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
First go to the site tracker it's linked iin the op in the wifi thread. That way you can see how many people are on... I usually find people in thw afternoon or evening. I've found people in se and ne and mw regions no west sw or nw and of course no one outside us and ntsc only also

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
This is actually the first time I've ever posted here even though I've been playing Basic Brawl since '09 like crazy. I wonder who I've taunt partied brawled with from these forums, and also whom of those people who actually posted about me here, but 200 pages is a lot to scour through...

Anyways, I had a really good time yesterday with a Daisy. In the beginning we just messed around; she was throwing turnips everywhere and we were team battling the CPUs. She also used Lucas once or twice but that was it. Again, whoever you are, considering the very high chance that you'd have an account on the boards, good games for that hour! I was the Blue/Regular Zelda (what I always am), along with the regular Luigi, regular Marth, and Wedding Dress Peach. Also used DX3 once.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
So, Wiimmfi is apparently still a thing. I hadn't touched Brawl in months, but decided to fire it up for curiosity's sake, and sure enough, I found someone on Basic. Had a few fun matches with a neutral Kirby against my neutral Falcon and Snake/yellow Ike.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
First go to the site tracker it's linked iin the op in the wifi thread. That way you can see how many people are on... I usually find people in thw afternoon or evening. I've found people in se and ne and mw regions no west sw or nw and of course no one outside us and ntsc only also
Thanks so much man! Um, I still don't get where, mind if you link me there, please?

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I managed to find a 4 person basic brawl room on the north american servers, it was at about 3 pm PST. It suprised me as I usually only get 1v1s or nobody at all when I search.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games to a Pink MK that brawled my Link, I could tell you were flabbergasted when you saw the stuff my Link was connecting towards your MK (you sat there in the hover thing when you lost a point). Don't Nado abuse me, it wont work, I'm too experienced to get gayed out and I'm not sacred to attack head on when I need to.

I kind of smiled, because you had no idea how to get in, you even ran straight at me and waited for a reaction (very smart), but I just jumped away and did stuff, ha ha.

What impressed me was you were really good, you played like a professional player (but really good). You knew how to Shield like a pro, juggle, play the tilt game and mostly you had impeccable Di (if I'm brawling a pro speak now he he).

Link has the best Di, super heavy, kills early, and has the best projectiles.

Glad you experienced a God Link. Pretty sure you were as well the Green Snake when we dcd and found each other again (you couched and attacked him ha ha).

Amazing Nade play, but my projectile game-play and offense is something else.

Well, PM me so we can 1vs1 man. I'd love to show you more stuff sometime.

Link Low Tier, huh? Tier lists don't exist towards me and the connection was beautiful (Basic Brawl <3). Remember who this Link is, COH.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games to a Black Link, whoever he or she was knew some of my Link bomb combos, it impressed me and let that be known that Links now are starting to mimic my Godly Link.

The connection was beyond lag-gy.... and it was Basic Brawl... oh boy... but it was pretty good, I won every game except one where we were ended at the score being 1-1 and which lead to a Sudden Death, the Black Link read my Up tilt by step dodging to an Up tilt of his or her own. And won the match.

I wanted to do my stuff that many have seen or have heard about, but the connection was too bad, so, the match was basically an F-smash war. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I need to brawl your god-link. Let's set up a friendlies match sometime soon. I don't basic anymore but ill do w/friends matches

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I need to brawl your god-link. Let's set up a friendlies match sometime soon. I don't basic anymore but ill do w/friends matches
Sure man, and don't take my word for it, many have told me is too surreal towards how I use Link in a new and different path of projectile play, techniques, and very creative setups or mix-ups.

Should I PM you, or?

Last edited:
Top Bottom