• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
heh.. you said it was "tomorrow" at 12:41 on the 27th, and "today" at 1:40 on the 28th my time :p.

Just curious, since my birthday is the 28th (today*, for me).

*apart from it currently being 3:20 am. Go to sleep dain.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Willz's everything is ****ing legit.

Just thought I'd post that here.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You as well ma boy...

But come more tourneys so you get more experience and you'll be getting top 8 in no time =]]]

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My pools and bracket were pretty zomgwtftop8, but that was good. :D

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
today i was on wifi and i keptthinking about bread because i
was playing as falco, and i was also playing against a falco

p.s. happy Easter!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's difficult to believe I'd be bothered I know.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Fun Fact:

Bread is also slang for money.

Therefore when Falco says "Hands off my bread" he's actually saying "Get away from my money"

That also means he's trying to steal you're cash when he uses Jab. And most of us abuse Jab. So we're thieves ;)

And now I know why so many of my people love Falco lol j/k

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Double the post for double the punchline.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Try having Lain in all your tournaments stealing your bread.

One day I'll beat him.

I hate Pikachu though. Little demon rat from Hell. And I have Anther here also <_ <

Oh. I just remembered why there's like 5 Falcos in the Midwest lol

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Try having Lain in all your tournaments stealing your bread.

One day I'll beat him.

I hate Pikachu though. Little demon rat from Hell. And I have Anther here also <_ <

Oh. I just remembered why there's like 5 Falcos in the Midwest lol
Hahahaha. You poor, poor Michigan resident. That seriously must be the worst place in the world to be a Falco main. lmfao. I am sorry for your loss :(

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Haha well the way I see is at least I'm getting valuable experience. And I have faith in myself. So when I become an establish Falco main I can say I did it with those obstacles in my path.

But until then yeah it sucks LOL

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Hey never posted in this topic before so I thought I would, this way I could get to know the other Falco's and maybe meat up at some tournies or something. =0 (I plan to go to mlg columbus)

I'm repping the bird in the upstate NY region. Big names from my region are San(Ike), PikaPika(Pikachu), Cura(Ice Climbers, Marth)

I've been playing competitively since november and I've been improving steadily. I'm trying to get onto the PR for my region by June. As of now I'm giving Sharky a good run for his money(Yoshi main). He usually CP's me Rob but I'm getting pretty confident against his Rob. He just recently picked up MK thought so we'll see how it goes.

I've been screwing around with Game and Watch, Snake, and MK I'm not sure who I want to use as my second.

And I feel your pain Horizon, I've got PikaPika and Cura in my region. -_- Two of falco's worse matchups.

On another note I think IC's will begin to **** us even harder now. I remember watching a video like two weeks ago of Lain vs Notra where all Notra did was spam lazers and played keep away with phantasm. Well I'm guessing Lain didn't know at the time but all IC's have to do is utilt to knock us out of Phantasm (not including the part where we're invincible.)

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
a competitive ike player? never seen that before. btw poor you, having to go against an ic and pike, but marth isnt the best falco matchup either :urg:

Denzi

Smash Master
get to know the other Falco's and maybe meat up at some tournies or something.
Teran might like that but I'm not sure if anyone else would :p

But really, MLG Columbus would be a great place to meet good players from all over and get you a lot of experience vs a ton of chars/playstyles.

As of now I'm giving Sharky a good run for his money(Yoshi main). He usually CP's me Rob but I'm getting pretty confident against his Rob. He just recently picked up MK though so we'll see how it goes.
Well Yoshi should get beat by Falco even with his CG Spike, and ROB also loses out. If you need help with that one try watching some of DEHF's vids vs Chibo.

I've been screwing around with Game and Watch, Snake, and MK I'm not sure who I want to use as my second.
Out of those three, Snake is the most solid (pun intended) secondary for Falco as he covers all of our bad matchups.

Well I'm guessing Lain didn't know at the time but all IC's have to do is utilt to knock us out of Phantasm.

Well actually blizzard is much more reliable for hitting through Phantasm, but it's tough to hit with either because a good Falco will wait until it's relatively safe before making a move.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Hey never posted in this topic before so I thought I would, this way I could get to know the other Falco's and maybe meat up at some tournies or something. =0 (I plan to go to mlg columbus)

I'm repping the bird in the upstate NY region. Big names from my region are San(Ike), PikaPika(Pikachu), Cura(Ice Climbers, Marth)

I've been playing competitively since november and I've been improving steadily. I'm trying to get onto the PR for my region by June. As of now I'm giving Sharky a good run for his money(Yoshi main). He usually CP's me Rob but I'm getting pretty confident against his Rob. He just recently picked up MK thought so we'll see how it goes.

And I feel your pain Horizon, I've got PikaPika and Cura in my region. -_- Two of falco's worse matchups.

On another note I think IC's will begin to **** us even harder now. I remember watching a video like two weeks ago of Lain vs Notra where all Notra did was spam lazers and played keep away with phantasm. Well I'm guessing Lain didn't know at the time but all IC's have to do is utilt to knock us out of Phantasm (not including the part where we're invincible.)
Ice Climbers are gay. No doubting that but its not by any means impossible. You just need to play very safe. And Lain knows how to deal with Falco, he did beat DEHF at Pound 4. But Notra's style of play did do well. I think there's more to the matchup that Lasers and Phantasm though.

Pikachu is what you should really be worried about. That match is GAY. But nothing is impossible. I became a Falco because I got really tired of playing an overused (SNAKE) character. I realize I'm definitely in the worst area to be one but I won't let two people stop me from repping my new (and awesome) main.

It just takes practice, research, application, understanding and heart.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I think it depends how deep in the Blizzard you are. I haven't had too much luck trying to SDI upwards (like I would vs Gaw turtle for example) because of how big the cone is on Blizzard. I tried in close quarters without too much luck. I just SDI backwards and Shine if I can. I hate that move and do my best to avoid it or reflect it. I imagine we might be able to get away with using something else but the transcendant priority and range are a problem. But someone else may have found a better alternative.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Reflector is our best option on blizzard. Not only do you get the extra percent from the reflector landing, but you reflect the blizzard back for more damage. It's almost our only defense against the blizzard really, or at least our best.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
couldnt you shield, dodge roll, jump over them, and ff an nair for a u-smash? or would that take too much time?

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if you can roll out of your shield to avoid Blizzard. Something tells me you would get hit.

Yeah, Blizzard is kinda annoying. SH desynced Blizzard is hardly a concern though, since you can just shoot them with lasers to sync them back together in addition to reflecting it with Reflector.

Pikachu is what you should really be worried about. That match is GAY. But nothing is impossible. I became a Falco because I got really tired of playing an overused (SNAKE) character. I realize I'm definitely in the worst area to be one but I won't let two people stop me from repping my new (and awesome) main.

Imo, I think Pika is the only real disadvantage MU Falco has. Don't be afraid of ICs.

PZ

Smash Lord
Why cant none falco mains post here? We have to contribute something. Do you know how hard it is for a scrub to contribute something these days?=(

Top Bottom