• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'm ranked first in Spain for a long time now, but I'll have to work hard this year if I want to stay at the top D:

clowsui

Smash Legend
playing your hardest when you know you have to leave a tournament is absolutely impossible.

game and watch is hard for my style of falco which relies on lasers a lot. i need to find a way to practice that ****

i'm horrible at doubles.

i need to stop getting so antsy if i'm down a stock.

that's what i learned today. i played bad in bracket but fairly well in pools. no need to let me into the BR, i'm just a stupid scrub

swordsaint

Smash Master
playing your hardest when you know you have to leave a tournament is absolutely impossible.

game and watch is hard for my style of falco which relies on lasers a lot. i need to find a way to practice that ****

i'm horrible at doubles.

i need to stop getting so antsy if i'm down a stock.

that's what i learned today. i played bad in bracket but fairly well in pools. no need to let me into the BR, i'm just a stupid scrub
Loving your lasers should mean you do well against GnW.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Against.

I can't find any OoS options against him. (His Dair) I also don't know how to DI from his dsmash setups because I don't know any of them.

clowsui

Smash Legend
gw involves a lot of being patient for the kill, jabbing and pressuring his shield by doing retreating aerials such as dair or bair

you have to be opportunistic with the juggles. bair is your best friend. uair when they're closer to the ground sometimes, it'll surprise them :)

lasers have to be done specifically, i haven't played enough to know it exactly but once you play gw you'll find the laser range very quick. it's easy to bait kills by letting gw take a laser to the bucket and killing in the absorption lag

learn to mix up against dthrow, it's easy to do

triple jab or double jab **** vs. gw, i didn't use it enough at all

thanks to larry btw for all this advice while/after i was playing. sorry i had to lose with your tag, i was probably ****ty. "DEHF" is an awesome tag though!

swordsaint

Smash Master
I don't find you need to be all THAT patient on GnW to get a kill. Almost any move on your shield should mean a kill from an up smash OoS really.

It's a little bit defensive, but patient not so much. That would imply waiting long periods of time, which personally I don't think you have to.

CG's are easy to get because of the bucket lag, and if you're playing it right, should mean upwards of 60-70 damage.

If the GnW is silly enough to fill his bucket completely he loses bucket breaking, so you don't have to be too cautious with lasers, but you still need to play them smart. Either away, as long as you're only SHLing from mid-range, you'll find openings easy. While still in a very safe position.

Just use quick, safe moves like jab or ftilt when you're trying to create or poke for openings and use your Dair, Nair and Bair for OoS punishes when he's not in kill percent.

You'll find damage racking up quick on GnW, and as long as you're playing safe with the percent lead, you'll find the kill coming quite easily. GnW doesn't really have many safe moves to approach with.

If you're getting hit by turtle, it should be no big deal. Smash DI it up, and Dair the freak. If you're lucky/quick enough you should get a tech chase or two here and there.

If you're having trouble punishing key, just give up on it. It's better to not force the opening and take damage. Though really, jab or ftilt SHOULD be quick enough, and then there is IAPhantasm OoS.

As said, just mix up your get ups to avoid his tech chasing. Mixing it up is easy as long as you THINK about what you're doing.

I've noticed that with some players, they use reflector sometimes in this MU. It appears to be a safe spacing move when used right.

That's my input anyway.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just use midrange lasers (you'll get to learn the spacing automaticly) and don't react to his aerials, they are pretty much not punishable (nair crossup, bair that's spaced, dair with the shieldpushback)
reset situations a lot, gaw cant really do much about jab. jab a lot if he wants to smash because he cant land a smash if his life depends on it against us lol. GaW always kills with fair which (luckily for him) isn't so bad against falco if offstage which is often done by dtilt.

cant be bothered to elaborate atm, but my matches are so boring against this gaw (best gaw in europe - kaak) that he doesnt want to record them. lets just say thats a sign, lol.

swordsaint

Smash Master
18% Damage, Lowest Killing Power
- Bowser - Fire Breath (Multi-Hit *1)
- Charizard - Flamethrower (Multi-Hit *1)
- Ice Climber - Blizzard (Multi-Hit *1)
- Ness - Pk Fire Pillar (Multi-Hit *1)
- Ness - Pk Thunder Tail (Multi-Hit *1)
- Lucas - Pk Thunder Tail (Multi-Hit *1)
- Fox - DThrow
- Fox - BThrow
- Falco - Dthrow
- Falco - Bthrow
- Fox - Blaster *2 (Long range)

25% Damage, Low Killing Power
- Fox - Blaster *2 (Short range)
- Falco - Blaster
- Lucas - Pk Fire
- Samus - Charge Shot Uncharged
- Peach - Toad's Spores (Multi-Hit *1)
- Dedede - Waddle Doo Beam (Multi-Hit *1)

33% Damage, Fair Killing Power
- Ness - Pk Fire
- Yoshi - Pound Stars
- ZSS - Paralyzer Uncharged
- Kirby - Frying pan *3

42% Damage, Moderate Killing Power
- Mario - Fireballs
- Pit - Palutena's Arrow
- Dedede - Stars
- R.O.B. - Optic Blast
- Lucas - Pk Fire Explosion
- Lucario - Aura Sphere Uncharged *4
- Kirby - Final Cutter *5 (Short range)

50% Damage, High Killing Power
- Kirby - Final Cutter *5 (Long range)
- Luigi - Fireballs
- ZSS - Paralyzer Charged
- Wolf - Blaster
- Pikachu - Thunder Jolt *6 (Both forms)

60% Damage, Highest Killing Power
- Pikachu - Thunderbolt
- Zelda - Din's Fire
- R.O.B. - Optic Blast Charged
- Pit - Palutena's Arrow Charged
- Samus - Charge Shot Charged
- Lucario - Aura Sphere Charged *5
- Lucario - Force Palm *5
- Ness - Pk Flash
- Ness - Pk Thunder Head
- Lucas - Pk Freeze
- Lucas - Pk Thunder Head
- ZSS - Dsmash

A recently updated list from the Game and Watch boards, afaik it's correct to date but it doesn't have kill percents. An old list they had suggests that bucketed lasers will kill Falco at 65% with no DI. Though it's probably wrong.

Just use midrange lasers (you'll get to learn the spacing automaticly) and don't react to his aerials, they are pretty much not punishable (nair crossup, bair that's spaced, dair with the shieldpushback)
reset situations a lot, gaw cant really do much about jab. jab a lot if he wants to smash because he cant land a smash if his life depends on it against us lol. GaW always kills with fair which (luckily for him) isn't so bad against falco if offstage which is often done by dtilt.

cant be bothered to elaborate atm, but my matches are so boring against this gaw (best gaw in europe - kaak) that he doesnt want to record them. lets just say thats a sign, lol.
Dunno what you're doing, but GnW's aerials aren't as safe as you say. Doesn't matter if they space the turtle right or not, it's so easy to beat their spacing because we can walk in to the turtle and shield it, to remove any spacing attempt they had.

Cross up Nairs aren't much too safe either, they are if they hit your shield, but it should be obvious when they're gonna do it so you should be getting out the way so there's no dead time.

As said, key's kinda safe, but only because you have to be quick about the punish. There's little time for a screw up, though you can do it. Again that's only when it lands on shield. Shield the first hit and spotdodge the landing, should be able to punish it.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Don't know. Australia doesn't have a national ranking. It would be hard to keep accurate, people don't travel out of state as often as I'm guessing other countries do.

Though if I were to give an opinion (based on each states rankings and who I know I'm better than) I'd say about...7th/8th. I'd be about tied with Vlade going on statistics and such, but there's no way to seperate either of us to 7th or 8th because we're on opposite sides of the country.

I'm definately top 10 though.
thriller should be a pretty good indicator. most of the country will be there, cept corpse and vlade. you can give me falco tips then ;)

australia's biggest problem is that its almost as big as the us, but only has a handful of states and reasonable size cities. so its a long way to travel if you wanna play interstate.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Lol I was just trollin. <3

Eh, been AGES since I played Tibor. Like...months. The only time I've played him was at one of Jeis, but way back then my Falco was going practically even with him. I'd be really interested in playing him again. As would I, you.

Why is it so Aussie in here?
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Cao

It's because we are teh awesomes.
WRONG! It's because I made reborn this thread after 10 days of fasting. And when it was made reborn I said, "Let there be Aussies!"

And thus the aussies were born into the Bakery :)

Along with New Zealand, Australia and Canada are by far the most awesome-ist countries around. USA got nothing on them. :laugh:

Take me with you Aussies! :embarrass

Denzi

Smash Master
Went to a tourney today. I Falcon ditto'd almost everyone in pools (excluding M2K) and ended up losing in bracket to a Falco (ugh) and a Pit (arrows >_<).

Breezy

Smash Ace
Lol, Flaco da bess.

Btw guys, hi. I'm Breezy. Used to main Ganon, but recently decided I wanted to win more money than I spend so I picked up the bird. Going to MAS in IL this weekend, and it'll be my first bigger tourney using Flaco. Hope to see some of you there (Arty <_<)

Top Bottom