• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Notra

Smash Ace
Go to whobo 2!!

I'll try my best to make it to Apex 2
so are there any falcos not too far from arizona, or know ppl from arizona that go to their state. there is a pretty good chance ill be moving from michigan to arizona next year for college. just wanna know where da brawl at.

omega zero

Smash Cadet
I'm wondering if there any worthwhile Third-Party Gamecube Controllers which work with Brawl, and are allowed in tourneys.

Thanks in advanced.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
There are a lot of third party gamecube controllers that do not have turbo buttons, actually. You can usually buy them from local game stores like Gamestop or Play N Trade.

The problem is, they are all terrible. Never use anything other than a "real" gamecube controller, because everything else that tries to mimic it is terrible.

If you can't find any local "real" gamecube controllers, snag one from Play Asia: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-2ola.html

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Its so situational and contains bad DI but still...soooo good. I dont like watching combo vids cause it makes me wanna do all the stuff, which i know wont work like 80% of the time. That one was particularly really good tho.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Just got back from VG Bootcamp Indianapolis.

Man I was soooooo close to beating Ally in pools... I chain grabbed him and heard him SDI spamming so I didn't spike and he F-aired off the side and I got a gimp. I had a 2-stock lead and I was winning in the % game by a large margin until he spiked me at like 45% and killed me, lol. Then it was really close last stock, I was so close to getting the gimp and winning but he came back and got me, haha. It was an awesome match, first time I ever played or met him. He was very cool.

Then I guess he didn't want to play me with Snake because he went Falco... I got scared and went Kirby and he ***** me, lol.

I need Falco ditto practice :p

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Ban fd in falco dittos, play on sv or bf. Then you can easily avoid being 0-death cg spiked.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Because of the curved edges / wall to tech? Or is the platform just better because it's bigger?
It's because of the wall to walljump.
SV and BF are also good at avoiding cg spike. You only have to turnaround firebird. The opponent might get a free dair or nair or something like that but it's still better than losing a complete stock.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It's because of the wall to walljump.
SV and BF are also good at avoiding cg spike. You only have to turnaround firebird. The opponent might get a free dair or nair or something like that but it's still better than losing a complete stock.
I still think Yoshi's is really bad in Falco dittos.

If you cg to jab cancel instead of spike there is a high chance the Falco won't make it back. The person I play with makes it back 10% of the time at most.

But then again he doesn't even know how to turn around firebird. I need to practice that as well although I do know how to do it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you leave the firebird animation, you make a small jump backwards (VERY SMALL) which means that if you face the stage with your back you can move onto it more easily.

Sometimes if you're coming from below and doing firebird while facing the stage, you will make it slightly past the ledge but not on the stage. If you reverse your firebird you CAN make it in this situation.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
If you leave the firebird animation, you make a small jump backwards (VERY SMALL) which means that if you face the stage with your back you can move onto it more easily.

Sometimes if you're coming from below and doing firebird while facing the stage, you will make it slightly past the ledge but not on the stage. If you reverse your firebird you CAN make it in this situation.
I thought it was that you were allowed to move backwards first before moving forward.

Anyone know what time it is?

ITS KEITARO TIME!!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm actually waiting for you to place well in tourney so I can bring you up for voting (Thats how I've been doing it. Good result + Majority Voting = Getting in :)). Comeback, the East Coast needs its Original Best!

You going to PolyBrawl?

clowsui

Smash Legend
time to money match infern/aZ/BR and win all of those sets so i can get back in...

though doing well in the tourney comes before this. hopefully both of these things will happen!

Denzi

Smash Master
I know how ya feel, I've been trying to get to more tourneys recently. I feel like the more I get used to it, the better I'll do (because I know I can do well).

D1

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I'm actually waiting for you to place well in tourney so I can bring you up for voting (Thats how I've been doing it. Good result + Majority Voting = Getting in :)). Comeback, the East Coast needs its Original Best!

You going to PolyBrawl?
Yeah but I just had surgery in my left thumb and my docyor said cant use my left hand for anything till next week Friday *sigh*

swordsaint

Smash Master
This talk of Notra's ranking in his region has made me think of something.

Out of curiosity, where is everyone ranked in their respective regions? I'm ranked 3rd in mine, what about everyone else?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Don't know. Australia doesn't have a national ranking. It would be hard to keep accurate, people don't travel out of state as often as I'm guessing other countries do.

Though if I were to give an opinion (based on each states rankings and who I know I'm better than) I'd say about...7th/8th. I'd be about tied with Vlade going on statistics and such, but there's no way to seperate either of us to 7th or 8th because we're on opposite sides of the country.

I'm definately top 10 though.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Last time (Summer) I was ranked 10th in NJ.

I've gone inactive to about 1 tourney a month now, not enough to make the rankings though. (I'm still on honorary though; I'm that good :]7)

I just stick my name right next to Keitaro's every season since I can't really do much now anyways.

Top Bottom