• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
How much did you pay?
I actually was looking at paying for it Friday when I got paid, but it was looking to be $400 at an inconvenient time. However, I have scored a free ride out of sheer luck, so I am not going to have to break my bank and have the money I've been stockpiling since the time of that post plus my paycheck.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
You're right Bloodcross. More people need to see the light.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The only thing frustrating about Falco is when you **** up and his properties make it hurt a lot more than it does with other characters. That really doesn't frustrate me nearly as bad as playing characters without his options for every situation.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't you make that quote, Drew.

Instead of letting him waste a Kamina quote, I'll instead use a different one and refer back to the Falco is frustrating thing.

We, brawlers, are sustained by willpower even when mocked as reckless and crazy!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Falco is frustrating in the sense he has no way to kill at low damages, and gimps don't count.
Dk kills much easier and wins every trade :3

Falco is frustrating in the sense he has no way to kill at low damages, and gimps don't count.
Dk kills much easier and wins every trade :3
His KOs are match-up dependent it usually feels like. Prime example being the CG -> spike. While less useful the more experience people are, the lack of experience makes that a more powerful KO tool for low percents. After that, I should say gimps do count. Getting that little kick on Ike for example to prevent him from recovering is about all Falco really needs.

The thing I always found annoying was Falco's lack of being able to deal with aerial opponents safely. In the match-ups against Kirby, Jiggs, and MK there is a range where which feels really awkward. The spacing with there jumps where laser do not reach, but they can still threaten you with Bair/Dair (MK). You can run away and camp them with lasers until they get hit eventually, but its so boring that way. With Snake, he has a giant Utilt to scare off anyone trying to get in from an upward angle.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Alrighty! For all you Falco's going to Apex and looking to abuse player errors!
Here's a nasty little tidbit that Falco can do on some characters~

Everything you see here has been tested to be 100% accurate.

:falco: Falco's Air Release -> BDacus/ Slightly Charged BDacus. :falco:

To get this out of the way first, Falco does not have a guaranteed Air Release on any of the mentioned characters. Your opponent must force them self to Air Release.

Standard BDacus:

:metaknight:
:diddy:
:falco:
:squirtle:
:lucas:
:bowser2:
:ganondorf:

This means that a Normal, Non Charged BDacus will hit the above Characters from an Air Release, I also organized them by tier. Haha.

In the next list, the characters will be arranged by the Difficulty. From hardest to time, to the easiest to time. Now, some may be curious as to why would you have to time it ? Simple, it may be a slightly charged BDacus, but the charge time will allow you to slide the right distance BEFORE the Usmash hits.

Air Release -> Slightly Charged BDacus.

:zerosuitsamus:
:yoshi2:
:popo:
:gw:
:snake:
:sonic:
:pikachu2:
:dk2:
:link2:
:dedede:
:ike:
:charizard:
:ness2:
:falcon:

I really hope this proves to be of SOME help to you people looking to abuse what the other play won't know, and yes. I have become this consistent with BDacus to the tests without frame advance :3

Enjoy~ !

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So it works on Falco, Ganon, Squirtle and Bowser but doesn't work on Falcon Fox Wolf and Sheik ?
But these character have a similar low angle air release trajectory right ?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Alrighty! For all you Falco's going to Apex and looking to abuse player errors!
Here's a nasty little tidbit that Falco can do on some characters~

Everything you see here has been tested to be 100% accurate.

:falco: Falco's Air Release -> BDacus/ Slightly Charged BDacus. :falco:

To get this out of the way first, Falco does not have a guaranteed Air Release on any of the mentioned characters. Your opponent must force them self to Air Release.

Standard BDacus:

:metaknight:
:diddy:
:falco:
:squirtle:
:lucas:
:bowser2:
:ganondorf:

This means that a Normal, Non Charged BDacus will hit the above Characters from an Air Release, I also organized them by tier. Haha.

In the next list, the characters will be arranged by the Difficulty. From hardest to time, to the easiest to time. Now, some may be curious as to why would you have to time it ? Simple, it may be a slightly charged BDacus, but the charge time will allow you to slide the right distance BEFORE the Usmash hits.

Air Release -> Slightly Charged BDacus.

:zerosuitsamus:
:yoshi2:
:popo:
:gw:
:snake:
:sonic:
:pikachu2:
:dk2:
:link2:
:dedede:
:ike:
:charizard:

I really hope this proves to be of SOME help to you people looking to abuse what the other play won't know, and yes. I have become this consistent with BDacus to the tests without frame advance :3

Enjoy~ !
Wow! I knew about some of the characters listed up here, but didn't know there was this many more lol.

Have you tried Ness and Captain Falcon? I believe this works on Ness, but the timing might be more difficult than the rest of the characters and Falcon's should be a standard Bdacus.

@Teluoborg Fox and Wolf fall too fast, I think Sheik does too.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Wow! I knew about some of the characters listed up here, but didn't know there was this many more lol.

Have you tried Ness and Captain Falcon? I believe this works on Ness, but the timing might be more difficult than the rest of the characters and Falcon's should be a standard Bdacus.

@Teluoborg Fox and Wolf fall too fast, I think Sheik does too.
HOLY.

I forgot to put Captain Falcon in.

Here's my original text file:

"Air release BDacus/ Slightly Charged BDacus.

Metaknight.
Bowser.
Lucas.
Falco.
Diddy.
Ganondorf.
Squirtle.

Slightly Charged BDacus:

Snake.
Pikachu.
Donkey Kong.
Link.
Zss. ( **** YES ).
King Dedede.
Sonic.
Captain Falcon.
Sopo.
GaW.
Yoshi.
Charizard.
Ike.".

I'll give Ness a try, and Falcon has to be charged, he goes really damn far.
Wolf, Sheik and Fox don't work.
Wolf can shine before we reach him.
Shiek can PS it.
Fox can do the same.

Edit:

As for Ness, I seem to be only able to get the back hit of Falco's Usmash, which is still pretty good to be honest.

SCRATCH that.

Just got it to work with Ness.
It's just ridiculous.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What if I grab them on a slope, a la Yoshi's. I would imagine it could lead to a forced air release on someone like MK, Lucas, Ness, Squirtle, or Popo. Would the slope interfere with the ability to land the USmash?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
It would interfere with Popo, Ness and GaW. As they need to be on flat ground for it to reach them properly.
Since the slope would lower the Usmash hit box, etc.

If you're talking about on the platform, yes, on that tiny little slope centre stage.. I don't believe so.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
However, on YI, the slope at the end will be different from the one a the beginning, I would think. The others it would work on though?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I know G&W has grab release shenanigans on Wario, but is too short to force an air release from a grab on an aerial Wario, however, the slants on the bottom can let him force an air release (as can the edge of a platform or stage). I would assume similar properties could apply here.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Height determines whether or not you can force an air dodge.....?

Top Bottom