• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXhhZpS9gI0

@ Larry/DEHF - check that set out and let me know what you think pl0x
Stop trying to fight Olimar at a long range. Whenever you took a big lead you started to shoot lasers more and didn't really do much of what got you the lead in the first place. I understand that you want to hold on to your lead, but you shouldn't completely stop doing what got you that far, especially when you know it's working.

Your close range game vs Olimar is good, I like your use of pivot grab :)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
@blackgold- i have no clue tbh. i used this program called converter lite and the videos quality and the video itself changed o.O

@dehf- olimar is so scary. its like a 50/50 of me ****** him or him ****** me, so when i have the lead i just try and lazer him/rack up as much damage and avoid getting killed but it doesnt always work. ive been playing with so many good people i feel like im improving alot and i want to keep improving. and we need to do a falco ditto mm at apex :).

We should do a dollar falco only tournament at apex LOL

kismet2

Smash Ace
xzax don't blindy roll or dash in if the olimar is sitting there because they want something to happen. i also noticed that you had a habit of lasering once or twice then going in. it's ok to laser more but i guess you felt impatient and really wanted to get inside. you don't really have to be afraid or pressured vs olimar because you have lasers for control and phantasm for juggles and landing traps. racking up the % is gonna happen because falco has the tools to do it. in 2:44 you didn't have to laser, a dash attack/utilt would've been just fine. use more falling nair, it shield pokes and combo into utilt for juggles, it's best used as a crossup. 5:19 when denti was at the top battlefield platform it was the perfect setup for a full hop nair, it covers everything and you can move to the next platform below for followups/ pressure. i bring this up because you're gonna find this situation alot whether it's from a dair, utilt, or if they're just trying to land on the platform. 8:51 a dash attack/reflector is free after a fthrow and it would've pushed him offstage(preferably dash attack because jab/utilt combos from it).

summary: use lasers to close the distance but don't make a pattern with it. sometimes you gave up momentum from lasering in a followup when ftilt or dash attack would be the more appropriate option. utilt more(last time XD notice at 12:28 you could've used it and gained good momentum), you did really well without it and olimar doesn't like being juggled so i think you can take down denti next time you guys play! watch over the video and see where you can apply falling nair and utilt. other than that your falco is pretty good =). make it out of pools and top 5 it at apex.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
For some reason Zero absolutely destroys me. I can sometimes take matches from Nairo but I can't get Zero down to last stock.

I got some vids from tourney that I will put up eventually for critique. Never been beaten so badly in my life.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Nairo's playstyle isn't good vs Falco, he takes way too many unsafe options that are unnecessary. When I played Zero at Apex 2012 he was already above average at the match up, so it doesn't surprise me that he's gotten even better.

Keitaro, how would you compare Zero and Mew2king in the Falco match up?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Zero is very good at punishing forward. He neutral aired me out of forward be to first 2 hits of bair to dash attack and I couldn't move. He is also a very crazy MK vs Falco. Kinda like Nairo but more effective against Falco than Nairo for certain. I played Nairo right after playing Zero and it was much easier. I often take M2K to last stock too but I haven't been able to do it to Zero with 6 or so tries.

Xzax does better for some reason but he still often gets 2 stocked but he can take Zero down to one and rarely can take a match.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah zero plays the falco matchup like i play it as mk. he takes very little risks and that can be hard to deal with but you don't have to take as many either, you're falco. he can probably already see what you're about to do before you do it so he can beat you to the punch and punish. lasers beat spacing and if he tries to move in and out you have jab/dash attack for that. it's just timing and patience.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I've seen you have better days but you still did mad good. It sucks that I was the 2nd highest placing falco and I got 33rd ;_; I need to get better then you! Just wait :)

:phone:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I've seen you have better days but you still did mad good. It sucks that I was the 2nd highest placing falco and I got 33rd ;_; I need to get better then you! Just wait :)

You have gotten better, but you still have a long way to go hatchling ;)

M@v

Subarashii!

On that note, how many Falcos made bracket?

-Larry
-You
-Keitaro
-Bleachigo
-Me
-DJ Jack

I think that's everyone? If I missed someone say so.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
double falco at mikes tournament? let me know so i can practice it lol.
No, I want to try and win...

If we ever did team I would go Snake or MK if you use Falco.
Even if you aren't please, congrats. Your boxing game always wows me, seriously.
Thank you :D
On that note, how many Falcos made bracket?

-Larry
-You
-Keitaro
-Bleachigo
-Me
-DJ Jack

I think that's everyone? If I missed someone say so.
Abadango possibly? I know he uses Falco a lot, but I'm unsure if he used Falco at all at Apex.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
No, I want to try and win...

If we ever did team I would go Snake or MK if you use Falco.

Thank you :D

Abadango possibly? I know he uses Falco a lot, but I'm unsure if he used Falco at all at Apex.
team with me then. we would be amazing. west coast wont be able to handle a white guy falco.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Just wanna say:

Don't get drunk at Apex.

Also, the idea of going to Genesis 3 is sounding like a good one. After Apex I realized I let everyone get too far ahead of me so maybbeeeee I'll practice up and rep. idk yet.

Top Bottom