• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Welp, went to WABA this weekend. I was the highest placing Falco at 25th/103. Why do all Atlantic South Falcos suck? (aside from maybe kismet, of course)

@Ryker - dude, most def. it was a pleasure meeting you and commentating with you. I'll see you at Apex?
Yeah, I should've tied you, but I didn't because I'm bad at Fox.

I'll see you at APEX.

It would be interesting to try getting together a bunch of videos of the more outstanding Falco players and put them up in a video without referencing which falco is playing at the time. Could you guess which falco main is upto bat?

That's kind of the point. Recognize people from their tag, playstyle, color choice, etc. If Falco is considered too easy you could do more obscure people from other characters instead of falco. Keep the root idea there, but change it up a bit. w/e only an idea.

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
Toon link boards MU thread currently discussing Falco. Any of you guys have experience in this MU are urged to throw in some input from your point of view.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Let's just take a minute to recognize that it's my birthday.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
But there's more than one set of u online...

i actually didn't know u were from the same region. I've just seen the matches.

MJG

Smash Hero
Oh lord. Weren't we talking about the TL/Falco MU? I give up lol.

Kismet come to the TL boards and comment please. Shugo is too much of a ****** to help anyways.

EDIT: Just looked at what I said previously. I should have been more clear. We've only done that MU once. My b. Next weekend we will most likely play (unless shugo decides to fail).

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
falco vs TL isn't that bad. I actually don't like the MU on Smashville but it's a solid 55:45 across most stages.

I'm gonna **** up Japan at Apex btw

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Why does anyone here only commit to one smash game if they do?
I used to be ranked in my state for Melee but quit it when Brawl came out. Melee was a lot of fun but after Brawl was announced I began to yearn for the new game and only continued playing Melee until Brawl came out.

I also seem to suck at transferring between games. I even tried to pick up Melee competitively again last year and I could never get back to my old skill level which was very frustrating. Also my loss of tech skill in a game that needs it a lot made me stop playing. Unless I practice at least twice a month I lose it all.

Had to choose one or the other so I picked Brawl to play competitively now.

Darktega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktega13
Toon Link MU is about patience and going with the flow of the game, if you rush anything you'll be pretty dead.

Anyway, going to a tournament today here in La Paz, any advice for my ******* nerves?

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Well first of all, I think Falco beats Toon Link pretty solidly +2, 60-40 w/e. And second of all, yeah MJG and I have only played Falco vs TL once in tourney at PS4. And that's the only time we've ever done that matchup

BSP

Smash Legend
Why does anyone here only commit to one smash game if they do?
I played Brawl competitively first out of all the smash games, so it's the one I've put the most time into. I basically have its engine burned into my memory, which makes it difficult for me to go to melee or 64 after playing Brawl seriously first. I'm too used to buffer, and I just don't like how the characters feel at all.

If I really wanted to, I could probably learn the other 2. That's where the other problem comes in: what's my motivation? I really don't have a desire to be a top player in the other 2 smash games, and I'm still not great a Brawl either...why split my efforts to another game to just be mediocre in 2 smash games instead of 1?

I figured that splitting my efforts between 2 or 3 very different games would make me worse in each one individually. I didn't want to spread myself too thin. I'd started with Brawl, enjoyed online, and had the most exp with it, so I just stuck with it.

And I've still got a ways to go.

As for Falco vs. Toon Link, I played Falco vs. Hyro a few times. I can't see it being anything worse than even for Falco, but I can't really explain the details in a level I'd like to.

Top Bottom