• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

I do not know skill. But flare is much better like when you run into ganon UpB (risking the SideB-cide), DI into the stage, tech jump off and Dair Ganon. Or footstool off MK's nado.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Squirtle so you can use Squirtle twice. If you don't, then you're playing a much worse MU than you could have been playing.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Hey guys. So I'm wondering. When do I input the bdacus inputs for shdl and dthrow? I can do it pretty consistently out of spot dodge, since you input it while falco is crouching, but for some reason I don't know when to do it for shdl and dthrow? could anybody help me out?

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Well the exact answer is 10 frames before either of those moves end.

But I'm guessing you want to know visually when to input the bdacus.

For shdl, if you do it at the proper height, you want to input the bdacus immediately after you input the second laser.

For dthrow, you want to input it right when falco shoots his last laser at the ground.

The timing for both is tricky and takes practice (I still don't have them 100% consistently, but I don't think anyone does). Just keep trying and trying. If when you are doing them you get a standing up smash, you want to input the bdacus later. If you get a sliding up smash or dash attack, you want to input the bdacus earlier.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Well the exact answer is 10 frames before either of those moves end.

But I'm guessing you want to know visually when to input the bdacus.

For shdl, if you do it at the proper height, you want to input the bdacus immediately after you input the second laser.

For dthrow, you want to input it right when falco shoots his last laser at the ground.

The timing for both is tricky and takes practice (I still don't have them 100% consistently, but I don't think anyone does). Just keep trying and trying. If when you are doing them you get a standing up smash, you want to input the bdacus later. If you get a sliding up smash or dash attack, you want to input the bdacus earlier.
Thanks. This post helped alot. :)

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
It was most likely that he was doing ledge drop lasers and was pointing towards the ledge so it cancelled. This happens to me all the time by accident and sometimes messes me up. It could be real useful if you could get it consistent though.

Does anyone else see what animation Falco is starting between the time of the 2nd jump and the cancel on the ledge? I feel like its a laser which would make since if Diddy is at that distance.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
He landed before the laser came out, which, means he probably fast fell -> jump toward the stage.
As, I saw the Animation for him pulling out his Gun.

Anyone remember the tech that allowed Falco to angle his lasers upwards or downwards at a 45 degree angle? Fox could do it as well.

@Keitaro: Could you siphon off some venue fee to get me down there? :D Do you even get the time to play in tourneys that you help run?

@Teluoborg: I was hoping you might have remembered the video link lol I thought was a neat and funny prank. I wasted an hour of my time trying to see if I could do it until I finally thought, "this was a hoax." I certainly felt dumb then.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
lol so it was a prank. And @Drew, I live in NJ so I plan to be there, unless I'm busy for some reason.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Anyone plan on going to Apex 2013?
There's a good chance I'll go next year. I've been getting a lot better at the game in general recently, so it'd be a lot more worthwhile than if I would have gone to Apex 2012. I just went to my first out of state tournament last weekend and it was a pretty good experience. I definitely want to be at Apex if I can.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I was a much smaller level of staff last time but I am the head Brawl host for 2013 so I can't enter this time around most likely. And sadly I don't control the money :p

Things will be much better run this time around.

kismet2

Smash Ace
shield sheik's ftilt=profit

but seriously just use an oos attack/grab when sheik ftilts your shield. if they grab they can't ftilt you and you can continue camping.

Top Bottom