• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I played the first and it was ****ing hard when I was six. It's insanely ****ing hard now that I'm twenty.

I've also played all the DS games and I think they're great in a portable format, but not worth it on a console.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For the record, this is the first time I can remember the social thread being a social thread.

Why Koakuma? You're not the first I've seen and I don't see the appeal.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I haven't played any of the games personally, but I've watched my friend play Castlevania HD on his Xbox. It looks kind of interesting, but just not my thing...

Symphony of the Night's story has a pretty neat storyline, but it's mainly the actual gameplay that DRAWS YOU IN. It's like Super Metroid on steroids @__@ It combines casual side scrolling action with RPG elements and it's just really cool. It's the story of Dracula vs the Belmonts; Vampire Hunters.
I might as well play one of the older ones that I can find easily and without much effort.
For the record, this is the first time I can remember the social thread being a social thread.

Why Koakuma? You're not the first I've seen and I don't see the appeal.
Why Koakuma? Uh. I like the character design.

Make me mod. I lurk too much to not be mod. *lurk*
No.
Teran for King.
Btw, my condolences to anyone who has lost any family members/friends in the events that took place 10 years ago on this day.
I recall people saying that they remember where they were when this happened. I don't recall anything that happened 10 years ago.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What is this, the mod position grabbing competition?

People always have to make it difficult. -__-

swordsaint

Smash Master
lol at people being so desperate to be mod

its a bunch of extra unpaid work on the forums that a lot of moderators see as nothing btu a hassle.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I was in 5th grade when the incident happened. Everyone was getting called home early and stuff. My teacher stopped class and just turned on the T.V. and we watched the news for the remainder of the day. It was crazy...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was in 7th. The teachers were informed not to tell us, but rumors were flying everywhere. The President is dead. They're going to bomb the school.

Eventually one of my teachers got fired because instead of not telling us anything she stopped class and turned on the radio.

I do not remember anything at all that happened 10 years ago. I never really understood the importance of the event back then to give it much thought after the year it happened. I still lack some proper understanding of why it is important to recall it so much year after year.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's probably the worst tragedy that has happened on our nation's soil. It's also one of the only two times since the earliest days in the U.S.A.'s history where we've been assaulted the other being Pearl Harbor.

There were other events, but I sort of have to agree I cannot think of anything that happened after the induction of lands into the union. Most battles I am thinking about happened before a territory was officially recognized into the union such as the Mexican-American war.

After the 'american revolution' I think the US was established or recognized enough to be a country. But, at the time Britain returned again and so there was a 2nd war with the British. I've forgotten my history lessons.

Which thinking back upon my education in the late 90s to 2000s, how much of it was propaganda (lack of a better term)? Such as which textbooks did I have that happened to promote certain sympathetic views towards a white patriarchal society?

swordsaint

Smash Master
not being american there's a distinct lack of significance for me

but i still remember what happened that day for whatever reason

i came home from school not knowing anything happened, my mum was watching the news about what happened, i was like "wow"
then proceeded to play games like it never happened.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
not being american there's a distinct lack of significance for me

but i still remember what happened that day for whatever reason

i came home from school not knowing anything happened, my mum was watching the news about what happened, i was like "wow"
then proceeded to play games like it never happened.
I can understand that. Same as me with the subway bomb in the UK.

Are really that many tournaments banning MK? I thought it was all talk not something that was actually becoming more widespread.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
With it becoming more of a popular idea, it might be possible. I know he'll be legal at APEX and I feel he won't be permanently banned until after that.

I'm all for it, but I don't really lose to the character. I just feel with him gone the game will be better and enjoyable for anyone. (players and spectators)

:phone:

swordsaint

Smash Master
he's pretty much going to be banned here in sydney soon.

yesterday he was banned for doubles, but isnt banned for singles until after our next major, but after that sydney is banning him afaik.

Wow, that might explain why there is another poll being done.

I am still unsure how banning MK might affect things.
First off, how will it actually benefit anything.
Second, what are the social repercussions over such a move inside and outside the smash community.

Oh, well. Let the social experiment begin. This is what I remember people shouting about about a year ago "let's give an MK banned environment a try".

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I'm speaking for the entire state. Like I said, though, MK isn't a huge problem in our state when we have players like NickRiddle, Shaky, MVD, HRNut etc. who actually pose just as big of a threat.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So are all of you speaking for the entire state or simply major tournaments or those in your immediate area?
The tournament organizers unified in Alabama so we can provide players with an entire tournament circuit free of entry fees or singles fees for just $25 dollars. This issue was big enough with enough of us that it got put to a vote and he was banned from all ASL tournaments which is, essentially, everything.

I'm speaking for the entire state. Like I said, though, MK isn't a huge problem in our state when we have players like NickRiddle, Shaky, MVD, HRNut etc. who actually pose just as big of a threat.
Our best MK was number three. We're still losing to Pokemon Trainer and Luigi over here.

Top Bottom