• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

M@v

Subarashii!
Even then it is only ever by accident. F trying to DI the spike in dittos, can't do it.
Mash both sticks towards the stage right as he finishes the last grab. If they hear you though, they could be trollish and do nothing while you fair offstage, and get ledgehogged.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Nice hearing from you again.
What happened with mod status? You get kicked out or ask for the unmodding.

First bread image, I've had it before and it's good. Best with garlic butter.
I know this is a late replay :p

Basically I just don't have the time to mod anymore due to school and stuff, plus I no longer really have any interest in smash so there isn't a lot of motivation to keep checking the brawl forums :/ So I requested to step down from modding duties. The scene here in Perth has pretty much died so there hasn't been a tournament since the start of this year. There are people who probably would be willing to play but yeah there isn't a great deal. I've actually taken up MvC3 as my main game and to be honest I've been enjoying it a lot more than brawl, but the brawl days will always have a special place in my heart. It's funny because we are told not to talk to strangers on the internet, and we are especially warned not to meet up with them in real life. Well that's what I ended up doing, I went to a brawl tourney that was happening here and the rest is history, and I definitely don't regret it because it's been so much fun haha.

It was fun being a part of the falco boards while it lasted hey. I'll try to drop in from time to time to see what's happening. Who knows, maybe I'll start playing a bit of competitive brawl again when I'm living in Japan next year if the game is still alive.

I always somehow go off on tangents -_-

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We really do need a mod so that we have someone active who can close topics or edit/give OPs. I'd do it. Drew could do it. DJ could do it. Yeah, gonna end my list there because that rounds out the people active enough who I'd trust with it.

Just going into analysis of characters, what is it about this particular batman that screams Y7 ages? I recall this batman being featured in animated tv series aimmed at the middle age of children (7-10?).

Stay around long enough Vlade for the next smash game. Despite what might actually happen, you never know. An actual successor to melee might happen and catch your interest.

We are just inactive enough that we don't need a moderator. We have no strife and if we have any we crack down on it quickly enough with harsh comments lol Not that that should happen, but it does sadly (making harsh comments I mean).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We are just inactive enough that we don't need a moderator. We have no strife and if we have any we crack down on it quickly enough with harsh comments lol Not that that should happen, but it does sadly (making harsh comments I mean).
It doesn't happen, but it still needs to be there for the possibility. I mean, Ganon isn't going to UTilt you, but if that ***** tries it, you need to know to move.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just going into analysis of characters, what is it about this particular batman that screams Y7 ages? I recall this batman being featured in animated tv series aimmed at the middle age of children (7-10?).

Stay around long enough Vlade for the next smash game. Despite what might actually happen, you never know. An actual successor to melee might happen and catch your interest.
Yeah man don't worry, I'll still be around Smashboards every now and then. We'll have to see what's happening with the new smash game - at least Sakurai isn't doing the balancing :p

Already I'm a little pessimistic about it though because of the Wii U controller using circle pads rather than analogue sticks. If they brought back gamecube controller support then I'd be more hyped because gamecube controllers are actually the best controllers ever imo.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I couldn't care less about the new Wii U controllers @__@ The main thing Nintendo needs to know is that it's a hassle to NEED batteries JUST to play a game. I wish it was simple as

-Turn Console om
-Play game

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
How about I find you guys a new mod if you all SHUT UP OMGGGGG

Hi everyone! :D

I feel like we are so productive lol

Ah, well. What more is there for Falco to improve upon? The only thing I have ever thought of is gaining a better understanding of your options at particular times.

DDD dthrows you. Do you tech or not.
MK dthrows you. Do you tech or do you DI up or further away from him?

Most of it is simply DI mix-ups that I have been thinking about. One part of DI puts you closer to a person's follow-up while other form might put you at risk of edgeguard. Which do you take?

Another example. Sheik Fthrow's you. Your DI angle is either almost vertical, or almost horizontal forward. If you go up, you have to risk between hitting sheik out of a follow-up or avoid with 2nd jump/airdodge. Either scenario sheik can follow-up on and if you make the wrong choice, your in a worse position or no better. Airdodge/aerial that fails means you could get hit by an aerial like fair which puts you offstage in most stages. But 2nd jumping means you still have to come down eventually, you only delayed having to choose between aerial/airdodge. But would DI away be any better?

I'm never sure, these situations are probably best reduced to simply mixing up your DI and only DI stuff the same if it safes you from death.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah man don't worry, I'll still be around Smashboards every now and then. We'll have to see what's happening with the new smash game - at least Sakurai isn't doing the balancing :p

Already I'm a little pessimistic about it though because of the Wii U controller using circle pads rather than analogue sticks. If they brought back gamecube controller support then I'd be more hyped because gamecube controllers are actually the best controllers ever imo.
There's already an offbrand classic controller that is laid out like a Gamecube controller and there's not a shadow of a chance it won't have classic controller support.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
There's already an offbrand classic controller that is laid out like a Gamecube controller and there's not a shadow of a chance it won't have classic controller support.
Nice, but that won't fix the major problem of wii U tourneys : bluetooth interferences and synchronization problems.

:/

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's an issue console gaming as a whole is shifting toward and the solution is to either have all needed controllers STAY ON THE SAME SET-UP or just have people be ****ing careful.

Downsizing images never turns out how I want them. Especially if you want transparency in the background (has to be less than 100 long and wide for transparency to take affect on SWF.

I think they should resize images to at least 150 x 150.There is enough space for it to fit.

Also, the amount of activity in the last 30 minutes is probably equal to what we normally see in about 12 hours.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Let's talk about Castlevania.

I'm halfway done through Symphony of the Night. The music is just SUPERB. Plus, the game itself is just hella fun haha. I can understand why it's considered the best Castlevania of all time.

Aw dang. I've never played a single castlevania game. I know it's a rather popular series, but I sort of gave it a "judge by its cover". It simply didn't interest me.

What's the typical game play about anyway? That might make me more inclined to give it a try before getting some version of it.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Symphony of the Night's story has a pretty neat storyline, but it's mainly the actual gameplay that DRAWS YOU IN. It's like Super Metroid on steroids @__@ It combines casual side scrolling action with RPG elements and it's just really cool. It's the story of Dracula vs the Belmonts; Vampire Hunters.

In this game in particular, you play as Alucard, Dracula's son. The whole game is pretty much Alucard trying to stop Dracula's evil schemes and whatnot. You acquire weapons, power ups, transformations, spells, etc. etc.

Mad legit, son. I urge all of you to play it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ES2vTanMQ - this is my favorite track from the whole game.

Top Bottom