• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

IG88

Smash Cadet
Mike2 I freakin died at that pic. Oh and while it's on my mind If there's a fest this weekend I won't be able to make it, first competition of the season is on Saturday in college station so I can't be up late Friday night or anything

:phone:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
@Dojo I will try my hardest to improve and work on the things you mentioned. All that talk got me pumped up to practice even more. Thanks for the pick me up man.

@Jowii Will do!

@Chris Ahhhh it's weird you're gone! Come back!

@Gnes,Sync,Razer MARIO PARTY MM!

@Nick That is awesome news! Hopefully they can come by this week.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Lmao, looking back - my paragraphs sorta look *******ish because who am I to tell you guys how to have fun? But like, it's good to know that if you guys want to get better... you are all now taking to initiative (even further) to do so.
Nah, I really needed someone to remind me that we're a community. It was wrong to neglect certain parts of our group in favor of others. I should have paid more attention and looked for the signs.
I've also been stressing out about a lot and Joel poked a REALLY bad spot with something he did, so I kind of took it out on him. ^^;

Funny, how that works when a lot of people are feeling the same way, but no one says anything out of fear for going against the norm.
This, don't do this, no. One of the things I hate is when people don't tell you how they're feeling until it comes to a point where it blows up. Hate it more than scouring pads and last-minute schedule changes COMBINED, like a... last-minute schedule change on a trip to a Brillo Pad factory.
If I'm tired of Highlander, I piss and moan until we change it up or you give me a number on how many more we'll play. You know exactly how I feel because I express it in a way that we can both understand.

Gonna take Shaun and MikeFree's money at WHOBO.
Bring it, scrub!!

- Nick, do they have SWF accounts? If not, can you keep them updated?
AFAIK, the next fest on the U.T. campus will be on 2/11.

- That guy (fightabunny) that was at the last one is still interested in coming, BTW.
He seems really nice.

- Has anyone heard from Jozef? I contacted him before the previous fest, but he still hasn't responded at all.

- I would request that Mike2 renames his stage texture folder before fests if we're going to have his Wii on a second setup, though.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Neat, maybe we can have an Elgin carpool.
Did he mention Solid Soul?

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
Holy ****ing ****.

Looks like I will not be attending many smash fests from now on since the things everyone apparently hates so much is what I enjoy most about the game. But then again, I'm not a competitive player.

One of the only reasons I come (besides seeing my friends, obviously) is to make sure Joel gets to these fests since he doesn't have a car. I've driven Joel to tourneys in Houston and Dallas despite knowing (or even being interested in the actual tourney) that I would lose money because I know he wants to play and get better. I wish I had known this was a problem...

Oh, this has been going on a few days. I don't want to start up anything. Ignore that, it's just my two cents as an Austin smasher.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Incorrect. I still love the Ganon challenge/Doubles/Highlander (unless we play a too many games of Highlander or Ganon Challenge, but you always give me a number when I ask) and I definitely had you in mind when I argued.

We do play them a lot more than singles at fests, though. If we balanced it out a bit more or added a second T.V., it probably won't be such an issue.
Rest assured that I meant what I said about quitting if we just completely stopped having these games. It won't be fun if we're always serious.

@ Nick - You'd be surprised.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Calm down, I like those games, but not too much of it. We just need to find a good balance and everyone will be happy.

@Shaun I just asked him about his friend, but it looks like he will be coming to a fest soon.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Kay, neat.

BTW. If there's anything I've learned in all of my years of dealing with angry people, it's that adding "calm down" to a statement rarely actually calms people down.
Some even take it as though you're ordering them to do something or taking a dominant role, which only serves to further enrage them.
Oddly enough, "please calm down" isn't much better.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That is the face of a man who enjoys life.

...I get this uneasy feeling that this thread has been infected by Houston.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WHOBO 4 online registration is LIVE. In order to attend WHOBO 4, you MUST register online. If you don't, you will not be seeded for any event and the venue fee will jump to 50$. Full details/instructions can be found on the OP of the WHOBO 4 thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317496

Online registration ENDS on July 31st 2012 so please register asap. I will provide weekly attendance updates and post them on the WHOBO 4 thread.

IG88

Smash Cadet
fine morning, isn't it?
hell yeah it is! as long as it doesn't start raining today could be an awesome day. but if it starts to rain i'm gonna hate my life haha. all you guys suck though, all this talk has me all pumped up to play brawl and i can't even play til next weekend at the earliest =/

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It better not rain! I'm painting one of my controller shells today! D:

I can't do this Friday. Since it wasn't looking like we'd have a fest this week, I gave the O.K. for one of my relatives to come down from Jersey. Friday in general is still good for me, though.
Really looking forward to using this controller. With my purple one, many inputs are lost because it occasionally fails to detect when certain directions are input, but the Frankentroller is sooooo crisp and responsive. ^_^
I'm almost afraid to use it out of fear that it'll start screwing up.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I can't make this Friday either. I got HW and my mom is coming up so we can go look for apartments for next semester.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
C-Tier
Sky Pirate - 1697.83

Why do you mock me, raven!?

EDIT: Wow, Bored did work. He rose twenty points.

EDIT 2: And Ricky lost twenty points. Huh.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Anyone else want to know how much they rose/fell/whatever?

Man, I had to bring the painting project inside and the fumes are really starting to get to me. My bedrooms a safe zone from the fumes, but painting in a confined space like that is starting to seem like a bad idea.
Its looks like everything's made of some kind of thick fluid.

Top Bottom