• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
We can have 'em at U.T.
Just need to talk to one person about something and we'd be set, but I keep forgetting.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Speaking of apartments, I got one on the Block for next year and it will be big enough to host fests.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
...do you think Joel's apartment space'll be large enough to accommodate the number of people we'll draw?
Not saying it's a bad idea because it IS a free location and it's fairly large, just wondering how many rooms he'd be able to use.

Speaking of apartments, I got one on the Block for next year and it will be big enough to host fests.
Looks like I won't be missing a single fest next year. :D
(not that I miss many fests now...)
Will this be like... January 2013 or the next school year (August 2012)?

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
I would have to actually get in there and see, but I'm pretty sure that if we could use his roomates room, and the balcony, we could accommodate 25 people pretty well. More than that and the tourney might be slow.

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
...is it spelled "Colin"?
I always thought it was spelled "Collin" like in "Tom Collins".

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I'm just gonna say this, since I came to a realization. Why am I still known for being injured, when Mike3 is injured everytime we see him?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
...A very good point. Be it buttbone, back, or broken appendages, he always has some physical injury.
Changing that now.

EDIT: Hmm... Any other "Most known for" sections that need updating?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
A number of people do, but I don't feel like thinking right now.
Any recommendations? Collin, Mustafa, and Joel all need one, IMO.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's fine to hold it during one of their circuit events?

All right. Did you already talk to JOS about procuring a room?
We could probably get more interest from SA if we don't charge much for entry. Like... $1 venue, $5 singles, $5 each doubles.
It's quite likely that we'd have time to do a side event because there probably wouldn't be as many willing to come on such short notice.

There's also something I was wanting to talk to the U.T. people about.
If we had three U.T. people start a club on-campus, we wouldn't have to go through the Melee guys to get a room for tournaments.
Having an official group might also be useful for attracting new people around campus.
Problem is:

Mustafa - Graduating soon
Nick - Blatantly rejected the idea
Erek - M.I.A.
Mike3 - Could work, that's one
Ricky - Doesn't play now

If we could wrangle Ricky and Nick into signing off on it, we could probably have Mustafa start it and just transfer leadership to Mike3 or something when he graduates.
Questions, comments, observations, rebuttals?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I ok'd the idea of a tourney, but not a specific tourney on any date. i'm ok with the idea of a tourney on the 25th as long as you guys can provide an ample amount of setups and TVs. since it's a big tourney for us, we will be unwilling/unable to share any setups this time around. The only requirement is that you guys finish the tourney by 11PM. So aim for like 10PM to finish.

cloverleaf: that was the very first thing i suggested you guys to do, so that it could be a more self-sustaining group. in any case, you guys are always welcome to use our rooms while they're reserved for smash club.

February 11: Welch 3.08
February 25th: FAC 21
two weeks later : FAC 21

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yup! I remember that well. Thank you very much for being so helpful.
So...
1. Fest on the 11th in Welch 3.08, then.
2. If we did have a tournament, forget the side event.

Curious, is there some clause that allows us to stay past 11? I remember that we were allowed to use the room until like... 4 A.M. at HoM3.

EDIT: This is why I liked the Xat. It's much easier to talk on there. :<

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I will be going, come hell or high water.
Have to come into town to pick up Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Resident Evil Revelations anyway, but I'd be coming either way. :3

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So a drunk girl just knocked on my door. She had lost her phone and asked to use mine...which she couldn't even use so I had to dial it for her.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Tackle drunk *****es Mustafa.

On another note, we should make the tourney on the 25th happen. Razer said Dojo, Nike, DMG and him are interested. Shaun.

IG88

Smash Cadet
the only reason HoM3 went so late was bc it was the LSC championship, a regular tourney shouldn't take nearly as long. i'm all for the idea of starting a club through UT, so you can put me down on that list. uhh feb 11th is this saturday right? i should be up for the tourney on the 25th also, will just have to clarify with a couple friends who were thinkinga bout coming in town that weekend and see what they decided, and take it easy on drinking at my friends 21st bday party the night before. the "most known for"s made me lol when i looked at them this morning, but we should definitely update a few others soon we gotta figure something out at one of the next couple fests.

EDIT-- oh yeah, when is whobo4 again?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
All right then. I'll make a thread in the tournament section as soon as we have all the information.

Registration and friendlies will start at 10 A.M. and end at 11 A.M.
Metaknight will be banned.

As far as ruleset is concerned, I was thinking that we could just use Unity with a slightly modified stagelist:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Fees:
$1 venue fee
$5 singles
$5 doubles
$5 side event (if time)

Payouts for all events:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Things to decide before the tournament thread is made:

- If we could do a side event, let's decide on that now. A doubles event would probably move faster, so I was thinking either Waseda Doubles or Mid+Low-Tier Doubles.

- ...Need a good name. I was thinking like "Bangerang", "Spinzaku" or "Not in the Face". The last one is my favorite because of the multiple ways it can be taken. X3

Thoughts?

Top Bottom