• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Shaun, find my music and I will find my Wii. Also Touhou stuff.
Yeeeeah, about that... I'm starting to think that I might have deleted the folder containing your BRSTMs when I deleted my old BRSTM folder (I.E. When we had a long stretch without fests). If you could get me a new list of songs to put on there, I'd be willing to redo it. ^^;

Not counting SWR/Soku (because you already have them), the games are 5.65 GB total.

EDIT: Put them on my external hard drive with clean score.dat files. BRING YO DAYUM LAPTOP.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Shaun, the room number is 3.208. Certain people are going to get lost again if you don't fix the title.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, derp. Fixed.
I HOPE the SM people are coming. I really wanted to play a lot this week. :<

Jozef

Smash Rookie
Fest is still on in the same location, there just won't be melee guys there because most of them are going to Houston.

If we're going to be playing a bunch of singles, we're going to need more setups, sooo...

NICK AND MIKE2 - Bring your Wiis.
MIKE2 AND JOEL - Bring T.V.s.

With my Wii+T.V., we will have three.
See what I did there? Dohoho...

Also, next time you guys go into San Marcos (and if I don't go), could you remember to bring back my T.V.?
IIRC, it won't fit in Collin's car (which is weird because it fits in my backseat with room to spare and my car is much older).

EDIT: I also lose weight when I don't do anything productive, but I also forget to eat for long periods of time when I'm not active. ^^;
I have a T.V., Wii, and SSBB
The only problem is that for some reason brawl does not work on my Wii anymore.
I think it has something to do with hacking it but I have no idea...

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
How odd. Does it just not load the disk?
As Wiis get older, they tend to struggle to read dual-layer disks, like Brawl. One solution is to load from USB, but that requires you to install a bunch of cIOSes and such. There's a slight risk of bricking your Wii while installing, but there's pretty much a slight risk of bricking your Wii from doing just about anything anyway. X3

EDIT: Oh, and certain games load certain things faster when you load from USB. Brawl loads matches noticeably faster when loading from USB.
Unfortunately, this doesn't help at all with Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility's abhorrent load times. :<

Jozef

Smash Rookie
How odd. Does it just not load the disk?
As Wiis get older, they tend to struggle to read dual-layer disks, like Brawl. One solution is to load from USB, but that requires you to install a bunch of cIOSes and such. There's a slight risk of bricking your Wii while installing, but there's pretty much a slight risk of bricking your Wii from doing just about anything anyway. X3

EDIT: Oh, and certain games load certain things faster when you load from USB. Unfortunately, this doesn't help at all with Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility's abhorrent load times. :<
It loads the disk fine and does everything perfectly
Until you choose the stage! Then it freaks out and freezes while screaming.
Also, now when we try and play brawl minus GC controllers don't work...
I have had the Wii since launch and had it repaired twice so far. Could you maybe show me how to load it from the USB? That would help a whole lot.

Edit: Why does it still say i have 0 posts? weird.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
They do, but only when the thread gets thrown away / deleted.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It loads the disk fine and does everything perfectly
Until you choose the stage! Then it freaks out and freezes while screaming.
Also, now when we try and play brawl minus GC controllers don't work...
I have had the Wii since launch and had it repaired twice so far. Could you maybe show me how to load it from the USB? That would help a whole lot.

Edit: Why does it still say i have 0 posts? weird.
Oh hah! That sounds like Nike's Wii.
Found two links that might help:
Allisbrawl topic about freezing
SWF link about the controller problem
Try some of the solutions in these.

I'll send you a link to a guide on how to load from USB. It might not help with your problem and I remind you again of the slight chance of bricking during installation, but it's neat to have in case you still want to try it.

EDIT: Ill, a member of the staff used to have that exact avatar. It's really weirding me out. XD

IG88

Smash Cadet
shaun, if i remember i'm gonna bring my wii this saturday, could you take a look at it for me? pretty sure it bricked but i don't really know tbh it just makes me sad i can't play all my n64 and super nintendo games i had on there ='[

oh and i'm in the mood for a ton of brawl too, didn't really get my fix in last weekend, and i'm not going out this weekend because of my competition on the 18th (the weekend after) so i'm gonna be taking it easy

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
someone go to HOBO with panty!!!!!!

Panty, im serious. Be my best friend. smoom/trela trashed me.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So are we going to have enough people to justify having a fest?
As far as I can tell by this point, it would just be Mike3, Nick, Jozef and myself going.

I really wanted to play this week (it's been quite stressful), but I get this horrible feeling that Mike3'll leave out of boredom soon after the fest starts and Nick'll leave after it becomes mostly singles.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have no idea what you're talking about. You must be going crazy, Nick. :troll:

EDIT: I just lost so hard at this:

Jett Livingstone 1:29 am
Tell me honestly, are you drunk RIGHT NOW?

Mike3 1:35 am
Nope!
I have class at 8 am lol

Jett Livingstone 1:36 am
I see.

Mike3 1:37 am
Whyd you think I was drunk?

Jett Livingstone 1:37 am
I misread something you said.

Jett Livingstone 1:48 am
Wait, why are you still awake if you have class in the morning?
Go to bed

Mike3 1:50 am
Sorry I'm just high so it takes me forever to respond lol

I just can't stop laughing. I know it was unintentional, but I just want to add a trollface to the end of Mike3's last message.

EDIT: Well, ****. How am I supposed to get this pent-up stress out now?
I can't go pump targets full of arrows because it's raining and killing everything in Rune Factory isn't really helping. :<

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
We didn't do anything anyway. ^^;

MEANWHILE, IN HOUSTON...

Joel got 13th, beating Leaf and Kadin (might be more, but I can't tell), losing to Illmatic and ALSM. Not sure how he did in doubles.

Random note, apparently Maharba took a game off of Ill. He hit the ledge grab limit right on the nose (50 out of 50 ledge grabs exactly), but it didn't go to time.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I played meh. I still don't know matchups with Martha and Falco has too much rust. I mostly went G&W. As for dubs, I played well, but Allan got thrashed by Olimar.

@Shaun Do you want to team for Austin tourney? If so, we need to practice dubs next fest.

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Most certainly.

Soooooo hyped. Getting Resident Evil Revelations tomorrow and Tales of the Abyss Tuesday.
Rest of my trade credit will be going to Resident Evil 6 because it looks creamy and delicious.
Don't make that gay.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So I take it we're having a fest at Joel's this weekend?
I am currently ****ing PUMPED for this tournament, due to the lack of Brawl lately.

Top Bottom