• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Ricky, you're not going to invest in an apartment? Get some Detective Conan fanboys you know on campus and get an apartment together. Then you guys can blast that **** anytime you want. Only thing I require is that you stay a mile in radius away from me.
I'm not going to get an apartment until I'm a Junior.

Actually, Nick offered to be my roommate next school year, and while it may be a good idea, I'm not sure if he'll be able to put up with me. =/

Mike2

Smash Ace

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Actually, Nick offered to be my roommate next school year, and while it may be a good idea, I'm not sure if he'll be able to put up with me. =/

You make it sound as though it's completely one-sided.
I'm quite certain that Nick would benefit in more than one way from this as well.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So Mike2 should send me his address in PM or on here so I can get to his house >_> juss saiyan.

;D It's gonna be awesome.

IG88

Smash Cadet
i'm jealous that i'm missin out today! i'm gettin ready to eat and find out if i'll actually be able to go to my competition today like i had planned to

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Guys, did you know that when Mike2 gets out of the bed, he gets out on his left. >_> Yay for having his address :awesome:

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
so guys im going to austin for sxsw. and im a fellow smasher. i was wondering if someone can give me a place to stay for four days 16-20. 2 other people with be with me. My friend Nick and Ruthanna. We'll pay you if you want too. Seems all the hotels are booked xD. So PM me back that'd be awesome.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I can't figure out if he's trolling or if he's serious.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
EDIT:
Just called Mike2, that was a joke.
We are still going.

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to make sure people didn't overlook it.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Same place I always pick you up. Right in front of the garage. You don't have a phone right?

We'll leave as soon as Shaun and JoWii are here. I'll post in this thread when we get there.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
What was so bad about it? o_O

I thought the story was pretty good, but, to be honest, my favorite part about the ending was the song you hear during the credits. XD

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Ok so we really need to get things straight for carpool to whobo, we've got less than a week. If I'm not mistaken, these are all the people needing to get there:

Shiken
Kerg
Joel
Mike2
Mike3
Ricky
Nick
Collin
Zifien
Shaun

which is 10 people. as far as I know of, me, mike2, and shaun are the only drivers out of those. How many people including driver can you two hold? As you guys know mine only holds 4, and uncomfortably for the people in the back at that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What was so bad about it? o_O

I thought the story was pretty good, but, to be honest, my favorite part about the ending was the song you hear during the credits. XD

Yeah, the credits song was real nice. I'm glad they didn't have the Duke live up to this vampire myth, and I thought it was dumb how...

1. A hallucinogen was responsible for so many of the mysteries. And you just can't become "aware" of being on a drug and break out. Doesn't work that way.
2. How Layton's professor was "brought back to life" by a "miracle cure". That was just nonsense.
3. I thought they did a bad job on closure with some other characters like Begula and Chelmey.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Dude, you should put spoiler tags. >.>

1. I sort of get what you meant by this, but the hallucinogen affected people's minds by projecting what they expect to see out in the real world. Once they realized that Folsense was actually a decrepid town, that's what it then looked like to them. They didn't actually escape from the drug, they just realized what Folsense truly was so the drug became irrelevant at that point (actually, you know what's sad? Everyone you met in Folsense is actually 50 years older than what they appeared to be :().
2. No, this had something also to do with the hallucinogen. Every person who opened the box before Professor Layton's professor expected to die once they did, and then it actually happened. Professor Layton's professor opened the box with a skeptic mind, so while he was put into a comatose state he didn't die from it.
3. I don't see what's wrong with Beluga. He realized that there was no treasure to be found in Folsense and came to terms with his selfishness (if I remember correctly). He also got reunited with his long-lost brother. Chelmey doesn't get any closure because he's a recurring character. Play the third game if you want real closure on all the main characters. :p

So... are you going to get around to the third game? This one definitely has the best story of the three.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
mike2 **** on me in snake dittos tonight. i wish i could've given him a better set, but i'm hate snake dittos (i blame sa for having so many snake mains). i will have my revenge next tiiime!

ps. that's why he's MAAAAAAAAHIKE TWOOOOOOOO

Mike2

Smash Ace
Ok so we really need to get things straight for carpool to whobo, we've got less than a week. If I'm not mistaken, these are all the people needing to get there:

Shiken
Kerg
Joel
Mike2
Mike3
Ricky
Nick
Collin
Zifien
Shaun

which is 10 people. as far as I know of, me, mike2, and shaun are the only drivers out of those. How many people including driver can you two hold? As you guys know mine only holds 4, and uncomfortably for the people in the back at that.
Collin is driving to WHOBO, and I actually called a spot in it. KINDA sorry to make you or Shaun drive, but I've been driving to sooooo much stuff. I just want to be a passenger for once this time.

mike2 **** on me in snake dittos tonight. i wish i could've given him a better set, but i'm hate snake dittos (i blame sa for having so many snake mains). i will have my revenge next tiiime!

ps. that's why he's MAAAAAAAAHIKE TWOOOOOOOO
It's alright Turbo **** on me after that. jk, it was close. I really need to learn Sonic. :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dude, you should put spoiler tags. >.>

1. I sort of get what you meant by this, but the hallucinogen affected people's minds by projecting what they expect to see out in the real world. Once they realized that Folsense was actually a decrepid town, that's what it then looked like to them. They didn't actually escape from the drug, they just realized what Folsense truly was so the drug became irrelevant at that point (actually, you know what's sad? Everyone you met in Folsense is actually 50 years older than what they appeared to be :().
2. No, this had something also to do with the hallucinogen. Every person who opened the box before Professor Layton's professor expected to die once they did, and then it actually happened. Professor Layton's professor opened the box with a skeptic mind, so while he was put into a comatose state he didn't die from it.
3. I don't see what's wrong with Beluga. He realized that there was no treasure to be found in Folsense and came to terms with his selfishness (if I remember correctly). He also got reunited with his long-lost brother. Chelmey doesn't get any closure because he's a recurring character. Play the third game if you want real closure on all the main characters. :p

So... are you going to get around to the third game? This one definitely has the best story of the three.

No one cares about spoilers in here LOL.

1. They never saw pictures of the old towns folk, so I don't see how they envisioned them as young to begin with.
2. Layton's mentor was dead. No pulse, nothing. For a game based on logic, when you've been dead for that long, that means brain damage, erosion, etc. No miracle cure should be able to bring him back. And for a guy who was Layton's mentor, he initially didn't take it so hard.
3. All they showed of Beluga's closure was him hugging his brother in the credits. Lame.

Yeah, I was originally not going to play the third, because the last thing I need is a game based on time travel. Luckily, I went ahead and read the plot up. I'll be sure to play it sometime soon.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, I was originally not going to play the third, because the last thing I need is a game based on time travel. Luckily, I went ahead and read the plot up. I'll be sure to play it sometime soon.
Dude, you just ruined like the best part of the game. I nearly cried during the ending. :(

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Collin is driving to WHOBO, and I actually called a spot in it. KINDA sorry to make you or Shaun drive, but I've been driving to sooooo much stuff. I just want to be a passenger for once this time.

It's alright Turbo **** on me after that. jk, it was close. I really need to learn Sonic. :(
ok well how many spaces left does that leave in his car?

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Tofer is it one room or two rooms? I was jw since a ton of people are paying 35 bucks.

There are two spots left in Collin's car. So far it's me, Mike2 and him.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'm already in Houston and my parents can probably just drop me off at the hotel so I don't need a spot.

Top Bottom