• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Isn't our hotel room in the venue though? It says there's no charge if you have a room there...

ROFLMAO, I just got dumped.

I'm back.
Wait, wat? O_O;

Also quickpost for now cause I'm at work, but kerg has to work until 1am friday morning... So it looks like we can't leave thursday night afterall =((

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

I'm back.
The girl was crazy, dude. Calling up people in the middle of the night (using your phone) and stuff...

But seriously, yay! You're back! =D

People riding with me. What time did we want to leave tomorrow?
I'd like to get there while there's still daylight, so any time from 1-4 is good.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497

I'm back.
Aww...
Sorry to hear that, Chris.

Also quickpost for now cause I'm at work, but kerg has to work until 1am friday morning... So it looks like we can't leave thursday night afterall =((
Aww...
Lucky that Xyro has everything that I'm entering (Brawl pools and 2v2) scheduled for the day I'll be tired and dirty from driving. :<

Today sucks, I'm going back to bed until tomorrow.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ANYBODY GOING TO WHOBO 3 PLEASE READ THIS! Here are some quick last minute details you MUST know before you head out to the venue.

1. WHOBO 3 is THIS friday aka 18th aka 2 days from now.

2. The address to the venue is Crowne Plaza Hotel, 8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77054
Hotel phone number= 1-(713) 748-3221. DO NOT CALL ME AND ASK FOR THE ADDRESS!

3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be early. Rodeo Houston is going on the same weekend as WHOBO 3 so the streets/parking lots/parking garages will be PACKED with THOUSANDS of people. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be on time. I WILL NOT be afraid to DQ you for not showing up. I dont care if you came in from Uganda or Mars, i WILL dq yo *** if you are late.

4. Parking AT the venue will cost you 20$ per DAY so please print out this voucher and bring it with you so that you get a 10$ per day discount.

http://www.animematsuri.com/ParkingVoucher.pdf

Parking anywhere else MAY or MAY NOT cost you money but be sure to bring extra money(just in case) and please arrive early so u can get GOOD parking spots.

5. BRING YOUR ID. In order to pick up your pass/buy a pass(55$) you need an ID. School ID with your name will work. Driver license will work. Government ID will work. Passport will work. A stick figure drawing of your face will NOT work.

6. PLEASE bring a FULL setup(wii/tv/ssbb). If you seriously cannot bring a tv, please bring a wii/ssbb.

7. Here is the schedule one last time:

Fri 18th 2011
1 pm - Brawl 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
5 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Pools=15$
12 am - Rave=free

Sat 19th 2011
11:30 am - Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
3 pm - Brawl 2vs2 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=20$(1$ per person)
7 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=10$
12 am - Rave=free

Sun 20th 2011
11:30 am - Melee 1vs1=15$
1:30pm - Melee 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
6 pm - GTFO AND GO HOME

8. If possible(no obligation), please pay for your tournament fees with 5$ or 1$ bills. It helps me make change for the people who bring 20$/50$/100$ bills.

9. Please re-read numbers 1-8.

10. If you have any questions about anything at ALL, please go here rules/fees/maps/info/livestream/twitter...ect http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843 and then call me at 409-692-0697 if the thread didnt help you enough.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I'd say we should leave friday morning around 8 or 9 at latest. I can help drive part of the way if you think it'll make you too tired, since we're the cause of the delay and all :<

Kerg

Smash Rookie
NNID
blitzkerg
Yes, really sorry about Thursday night. Stupid work schedule is all out of whack.

How far is our hotel from the venue? Maybe we'll luck out and both hotels will be on/near the express train route, eliminating parking needs/fees entirely, just the little train fee. Of course I dunno if the trains stop running at some time of night.. It's an idea I guess? Or we could, possibly, walk... if it's within reasonable distance.

Anytime you want to leave Friday morning is cool Shaun. I might actually just suck it up and drive to Shik's after I get off at 1 so we can go as early as you want.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Umm... Sorry, I was a little tetchy earlier because I didn't sleep at all last night and barely got an hour of napping in when I got home.

1. Would you guys mind leaving at 7:30 A.M. on Friday?

2. This question is directed mostly at Zifien, but would you guys mind meeting at Shiken's before we leave rather than driving to individual locations to pick people up?
I'm not sure how far away from him you guys are, so IDK if that would be convenient or not.

3. I may or may not take you up on that, Shiken.
I've been told my car's kind of weird when it comes to acceleration and handling, so I probably won't.
Thank you for the offer, though.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
by the way, following people still owe me money just fyi :3

mike2 (pizza from last smashfest xD )
and everyone that rode with me to nikefest hasnt paid for gas yet either.

7:30 am is fine by me, i have no idea where zifien lives tho so i guess we await his answer then

Mike2

Smash Ace
k. How much total is that?

EDIT* ya just remembered i didn't go to nike fest with you. lol was thinking pik a nik. but yea much for pizza.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wait, I'm sure I gave you gas, Shiken. Didn't I pay you before I went back with Mike2? Since I only rode with you over there I gave you half of what everyone else was supposed to pay.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm pretty sure I paid you before I left. I even paid Mike2 before we left (or maybe it was at the gas station...). I had the money, you know. It'd be weird for me to just walk out on you like that without paying.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So should we stop by the hotel before heading to the venue or just go straight there?
IDK if anything or anyone needs to be dropped off or picked up before the tournament.

ONE LAST REMINDER BEFORE PEOPLE START HEADING OUT

Don't forget to print out your confirmation email if you bought your pass online!
I think you need it to claim your pass!

I'll see those of you that are heading out today tomorrow. Drive safely!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
So should we stop by the hotel before heading to the venue or just go straight there?
IDK if anything or anyone needs to be dropped off or picked up before the tournament.

ONE LAST REMINDER BEFORE PEOPLE START HEADING OUT

Don't forget to print out your confirmation email if you bought your pass online!
I think you need it to claim your pass!

I'll see those of you that are heading out today tomorrow. Drive safely!
According to xyro's post, it sounded like we only needed to bring an I'd to pick up our passes. Can we get some clarification on this? :o

Also whether we go to venue or hotel first, I guess that depends on when the early group leaves for the venue. I'd prefer to stop off at the hotel first if we have time, though, as long as we're at the venue in time to pick up badges and get over to enter 2v2.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Early morning post. My carpool is gonna leave around 1-2. Where is everyone meeting so I can pick them up?
Collin would it cool if you picked up at my place? 11613 James B. Connolly 78748

I have a GPS if you want me to bring it for the trip, too.

According to xyro's post, it sounded like we only needed to bring an I'd to pick up our passes. Can we get some clarification on this? :o

Also whether we go to venue or hotel first, I guess that depends on when the early group leaves for the venue. I'd prefer to stop off at the hotel first if we have time, though, as long as we're at the venue in time to pick up badges and get over to enter 2v2.
Yes, you need an ID.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
An excerpt from the e-mail they sent after registration:

"This is to confirm that we have received your registration for the event listed below. You may click on the link below to view your detailed registration record. Please bring this e-mail with you to the event, as well as your Government Issued ID (Driver's License, Military ID, etc.) to the Pre-registration area when you arrive at the hotel. Thank you once again for registering for Anime Matsuri 2010."

IDK if you actually need it or not, but I printed it anyway.
If you don't, I wasted a nickel's worth of materials.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
That's odd, I doublechecked my confirmation email and it didn't even have that line you listed about needing to bring anything to pick it up. Weird, but I guess ill print mine anyhow.

IG88

Smash Cadet
Anyone know what timepeople are startin to get to the hotel? I just got there and am crazy bored lol

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Actually, they're letting us out at 6. Soooo anyways shaun and zifien, if you wanna come over tonight, practice a bit, then all leave from my house in the morning, thatd be cool. Might be a bit easier than picking us up?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
To anyone that's riding with me, my cell number is 512-786-3746.

Shiken, that's very kind of you. I'll have to decline, though.
I might have to go pick up tofer's beanie and go food shopping tonight.

EDIT: O-KAY! I think I know what's going to happen tomorrow.

1. Pick up Erek (possibly at Blanton). ETA: 7:30 A.M.
Reason: If I'm late picking up Shiken and Kerg, at least they'll be in the comfort of his home.

2. Pick up everyone else. ETA: 7:45 A.M.

3. Drive to Houston Hotel (that reminds me, I need tofer's number). ETA: 11:30 A.M.

4. Finally head to WHOBO. ETA: 12:10 P.M.

If anything, I can drop you guys off at the venue and look for parking on my own.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Thanks, Mike. :D

Zifien just contacted me.

Zifien - Not that it need saying, but be at the Blanton by 7:30 A.M.

Shiken - Be ready to leave at 7:45 A.M.

Kerg - If you can't go to Shiken's place in the morning, I'm sure he can direct me to your place or contact you or something.

- Car maintenance completed.
- Electronics and clothing have been packed.
- Fuel obtained.
- Meeting points set.
- Course plotted and double-checked.

All tasks at hand have been cleared.

Top Bottom