• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I can't sleep. Only slept three hours.
Feeling REALLY good now, though. Must have been the nap I took yesterday.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The only two Smashers not at WHOBO are me and Bored. I'm in LA; not sure what Bored's up to. Probably taking hour power showers and letting other men injure him.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN OR ARE THINKING ABOUT COMING TO THE FORT WORTH CLASSIC!​

I have a few items to note as your one month warning passes. So pay attention and everything will work out smoothly.

1. If you regually read the Facebook group, 'The Core', you would have noticed that I have proposed some changes to the Fort Worth Classic ruleset for both Brawl and Melee. These changes are scheduled to take effect AFTER THIS tournament takes place. This is solely because I want to "kick the tires" on BBR 3.0 before any solid debate about changes takes place.

2. If you do attend this tournament, please have ready to pay for your fees bills in denominations of $5 and $10. I will have limited cash on hand for both security and financial reasons so I can't be breaking $20 bills.

3. Our "Beat the Pro", Dark Geese, has decided what games that he will use in the big cash pot challenge. I can reveal a few of them here. KOF XI, KOF 2k2 UM, KOF 98 UM, and NGBC all of them for the PS2 format. If you don't bring a proper controller for the event, I have one stick of questionable quality and one DS2 available to loan. Please bring them back to me personally when you are done with it.

4. Here is the tenative schedule for the tournament: *
09:00 - Set up the Venue and Registration fees will be collected throughout the morning.
12:00 - Brawl Singles Pools start(if necessary), Beat the Pro Challenge Starts
14:00 - Super Street Fighter 4 Bracket starts Followed immediately by Marvel vs. Capcom 3
15:30 - Brawl Singles Bracket start, Melee Singles start
17:00 - Brawl Doubles start
18:30 - Mid/Low tier Brawl Singles start
19:00 - Item Standard Play Brawl Singles start
19:30 - Mid/Low Tier Brawl Doubles start
GTFO and go home!

* This schedual is reliant on whether or not enough people register for Brawl Singles to have pools(16-32)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Someone left a bottle of piss (otherwise known as "Mountain Dew") in the front seat.
WHOBO was fun. Thanks for riding along and making the 3+ hour ride bearable, guys. ^_^

I'm really looking forward to the next smashfest after playing like a turd in both pools and bracket.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Only Shaun, and speaking of Shuan, that guy is a ****. He turned on the heater in the hotel room and left it on for hours after they left without saying bye, so when we got back to the room it was like 95 degrees in there. Unless someone else did this then Shaun isn't a ****, but I assume it was him, because he is a troll.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ricky didn't finish till midnight and then we went to Denny's so we didn't get back till 2 am.

Top Bottom