• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
well its a good thing you two didn't need a ride or someone woulda been SOL, lol.

So it's:
Collin
Mike2
Polt
____

and
Shiken
Kerg
____
____

, with these guys yet to call a space:
Mike3
Zifien
Shaun

Altho shaun is a driver too, if you wouldnt mind driving instead of me, I have the same johns as Mike2, been driving the past few weekends... also your backseat has a very high chance of being less leg-pain inducing than mine as well.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Shiken speaks the truth, Shaun. The backseat was a total pain for me when I rode in it. I was way too tall to sit there. >_<

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
another thing i forgot to mention... my car, or the car im riding with, we cant leave until i get out of work at 4:30 friday.... combined with a 3 hour drive minimum puts us there at 7:30.

ok **** disregard all that above, just checked the actual whobo thread and if i go to work friday i miss ****ing EVERYTHING. If I don't go to work friday that changes my workweek from 53 hours to 44. almost completely making all the OT from mon-thurs useless. F. M. L.

Well I guess all I can do is cancel work on friday. I've already paid for everything this weekend so I'll be damned if i have to miss it all.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Umm... Could someone get into the Xat to help me figure something out?

EDIT: I'll be driving.

I had gas costs figured out, but then I realized that I forgot to factor in highway MPG, city MPG, gas prices in Houston, coefficient of friction, weather, etc.
I know someone in TXDOT that can help me figure this out, so I'll get back to you guys about it on Monday.

In the meantime, Zifien should decide on a car.
...kinda makes me feel like one of the parents of a lone child after divorce to say something like that, though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
another thing i forgot to mention... my car, or the car im riding with, we cant leave until i get out of work at 4:30 friday.... combined with a 3 hour drive minimum puts us there at 7:30.

ok **** disregard all that above, just checked the actual whobo thread and if i go to work friday i miss ****ing EVERYTHING. If I don't go to work friday that changes my workweek from 53 hours to 44. almost completely making all the OT from mon-thurs useless. F. M. L.

Well I guess all I can do is cancel work on friday. I've already paid for everything this weekend so I'll be damned if i have to miss it all.
I love how people miss my posts regarding WHOBO starts on a Friday.

Make sure you guys get some earplugs in case you end up in the same room as GFox or Espy.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Nah I'd known it starts on friday, I just hadn't looked at what time the stuff started at. And besides, even knowing beforehand wouldn't have any effect on my current problem anyways. But there may be hope, I think I might actually have a paid vacation day built up to use :o

Zifien

Smash Rookie
If the car choices are Collin and shuiken
I'd choose shuiken

If you guys still need a car then I can still drive

And my phone number is 210-912-0869 if you need to discuss anything for any reason

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Edit:
If any of you live in San antonio and will be here friday
I can pick you up and go sa -> Houston
Because so far my route is sa-> Austin -> houston

And Shaun if your going alone I can ride with you and split the cost Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
If the car choices are Collin and shuiken
I'd choose shuiken

If you guys still need a car then I can still drive

And my phone number is 210-912-0869 if you need to discuss anything for any reason

(?^?)?

Edit:
If any of you live in San antonio and will be here friday
I can pick you up and go sa -> Houston
Because so far my route is sa-> Austin -> houston

And Shaun if your going alone I can ride with you and split the cost ?(????)?
Atm shauns car is him, me, and kerg with an open spot. Mabye you could just hitch a ride with SA if you're already there that might be easier :o

Edit: how about a smashfest at my place thursday night? Just a suggestion, but how about we do some mock pools, followed by team practice with whoever your partner for whobo will be? Speaking of partner for teams, mike2 you wanna give it another go? I totally understand if you don't wanna tho, considering how I've messed us up the past few times.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I thought Tofer got the hotel rooms for Thusday night, Friday night, and Saturday night.

Mike2, summon tofer to straighten this out!

Mike2

Smash Ace
Atm shauns car is him, me, and kerg with an open spot. Mabye you could just hitch a ride with SA if you're already there that might be easier :o

Edit: how about a smashfest at my place thursday night? Just a suggestion, but how about we do some mock pools, followed by team practice with whoever your partner for whobo will be? Speaking of partner for teams, mike2 you wanna give it another go? I totally understand if you don't wanna tho, considering how I've messed us up the past few times.
To my understanding, not too many are going to be in Austin this week for a fest. Also, we're leaving Thursday, Shiken XD(Collin's car) Smashfest can be on Wednesday if you want to host then. We can leave early or whatever since you have to work the next day, but I think we should some practice in. And yea I don't mind teaming at all.

Anybody free to play tomorrow?

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Well then I suppose the new question is, shaun do you want to leave thurs night or fri morning? If thurs, I don't get out of work till 6:30....

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Also can I get a count of how many people would want to come play wed if we do decide to?

Edit: actually yknow what nvm.. I wouldn't be out of work till 6:30, then everyoned have to leave earlier than usual, it just wouldn't be worth it. A better idea would be for us to just hook up some of our setups thurs night in the hotel room to play =)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well then I suppose the new question is, shaun do you want to leave thurs night or fri morning? If thurs, I don't get out of work till 6:30....

I'd rather leave Thursday, if possible.
If you can't, that's fine. We can leave whenever.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
It would put us getting there about 10pm or later, I'd estimate. I'm okay either way, so let's see what zifien and kerg have to say

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
We should probably get SA's opinion on that, too.
I don't EXACTLY know how the hotel rooming situation will be (if tofer needs to be there to get room keys, which rooms we have access to, etc.)
Needs search bait.

Tofer, Mike2, MLP, Furry, shaqtacular, Bronzong

Kerg

Smash Rookie
NNID
blitzkerg
Popping in for my token opinion on the situation- I'd love to get there Thursday night even if it's late, play some friendlies (or practice matches whatev) in the room and relax before the tourney.

Shaun, please let me know beforehand (if you can) how much gas money you'd like from each of your passengers so I can give it to you instead of accidentally spending it on animu..

Tofer, thanks again for renting the rooms for all of us. I look forward to actually meeting you lol

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, thank you.
I think the total gas cost between the two cars is going to be around $82, so it'd probably be about $11.72 per person. Still not sure yet, though.
Someone also needs to remind me to give Collin half of the cost of one person's share since I'll have one more passenger than he will.
God, I hate talking about money.

You called? :yeahboi:
LMAO
Dammit, Mike. XD

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
In case it was overlooked:

[ATTENTION! Anybody who is driving to/putting a car at WHOBO 3 PLEASE READ this!!!!

If you park your car at Anime Matsuri/WHOBO 3 you will be charged a fee of 20$ per day that covers you from the 17th-20th(thurs-sun). Go to the link below and print out the Voucher so that you get a 10$ discount per day on parking. Bring the voucher with you and present it to the person who charges you for parking. If you have already bought a hotel room IN THE WHOBO 3 VENUE then you will not have to pay any fee for parking(make sure you have your hotel receipt as proof). This means parking is very limited so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE carpool and show up as early as possible or you may need to park down the street.

http://www.animematsuri.com/ParkingVoucher.pdf

Get your voucher HERE^^^^^^^^
From what I understand, it'll cost $30-60 to park at the venue.
I would normally park down the street to avoid paying that, but I'd like your thoughts on it.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I'm not riding with you but I'd say parking down the street would absolutely be the best option if you can find the parking.

Top Bottom