• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
we actually had a fairly good attendance, sans you clover xD
i feel kinda bad for that requiem guy tho, he came from my anime meetup group, clearly a casual player xD

So my wrapup for the ikkicon tourney. first round i got gayed by the bracket and had to fight mike2, lost. in losers bracket, got a bye, scrub, bye, scrub, and lost to a mediocre metaknight because i didnt stay DDD =/ all-in-all fairly dissapointed, since the only decent match was with mike. mabye teams will go better tomorrow. the only real names i knew there was TRex and his partner, Denti, ...thats about it i think.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
You guys should have just held of singles for tomorrow, and you would have had the chance to give Houston the money.

...wait, I still need a teammate.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Happy new years!

Finally done. 4th(5th?). Lost to T Rex and his brother. Match with t Rex's brother convinced me to secondary MK. X) dead serious. It was ******** I hate DDD. Fun overall tho. :) Big thanks to MC Clusky for getting me that badge and TO'ing this thing.

EDIT* Oh yea Denti won :)

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Actually, guys, I'm not gonna be able to make it up there tomorrow. Not to long ago, I was sick and I'm still trying to recover from it. I thought I would be better by now. ;;

If someone could forward this message on to Redshadow for me so he won't wonder where I am tomorrow, thanks, and hopefully see you guys at HOBO or something. :(

Edit: Denti, MM for your winnings at this at HOBO.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Talking with Shiken and Mike2 tonight made me realize that I'm a compendium of random, semi-useless knowledge.

By the way, Mike2 plays with smelly snakes.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mike, don't lose to rusty Brawl players!

Oh yeah--I tried out the Bowser-Snake shenanigan last night. It's good for around 40% guaranteed. :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I bought a Louis plushie at the Disney outlet store today!!

Denti

Smash Master
the turnout for singles was amazing o.0 50 people

I had the easy bracket even though I won. WF was me and mister 3000 which was my only like compitent opponnt. Every other competitive smasher was in the other bracket lol. I 3-0'd him then he forfited GF to me.

Today was the hard day, doubles. They were like such a good team it was ********. It went to set 3 game 5 their counterpick last stock last hit. We barely won, whew.

I had fun! Definite kudos to clusky and that pass

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
FYI, I would post the full results for Ikkicon, but TIO crashed and we had to scrap together a new bracket with everyone still present.

Managed to make things go faster lol.

exige5710

Smash Rookie
Hello all! Just registered and wanted to say hello. I was at Ikkicon Friday and Saturday, didn't realize such pro players existed. I lost to somebody named Ravemaster. I'm more skilled at Melee, loved fighting against the tournament owner and the kid with the sonic hat on his head :]

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Welcome, exige!

This thread's our Brawl thread. We usually hold fests once a week at my place or Shiken's. You're welcome to join us.

The UT Smash Club is the place to go for your Melee needs. I'm not sure how active they are.

exige5710

Smash Rookie
Welcome, exige!

This thread's our Brawl thread. We usually hold fests once a week at my place or Shiken's. You're welcome to join us.

The UT Smash Club is the place to go for your Melee needs. I'm not sure how active they are.

Are you serious? That's awesome. How would I arrange to meet up? Wouldn't mind making some new friends who actually know how to play (my roommates are horrible at the game :/).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just keep your eye on the thread. Shiken or I will announce fests a few days or so in advance. You can also text anyone whose number is on the OP.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
man, i had one very fun weekend.
I was slightly dissapointed in my placing in singles since i didnt get to face any competant players other than mike2, and got eliminated by a scrubby mk that i just kept making dumb mistakes to.
But that aside, I'm very happy with 3rd in doubles, considering who 1st and 2nd were. This actually marks the highest I've ever placed in a tournament that i didn't have a guaranteed 1st in *cough*Waco*cough* and I felt pretty satisfied with the second loss to Denti team, as we actually put up a good fight that time compared to the first loss stomping. Also thanks a ton to kyle for organizing, and hooking us up with badges. I didnt really do many other con activities since most were during the tourney, but i wandered around, saw a lot of cool cosplay, and went to the dealer's room. And got to meet alot of cool people too. And I forget who I was talking to that said we have no female brawlers here, but I met at least 3 this weekend that were all at least decent. Now just to lure them into the smashfests from their hiding places.... lol xD

But dear god I swear, if I had to explain the concept, how/where-to, or anything else about a texture pack this weekend I was going to scream. Not to mention B- on sunday...

I tried referring any semi-competant players to our thread here so mabye we'll see an increase in smashfest size soon =)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
hey guys, i wil be in austin til the 4th. falco player from oklahoma.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
^ Definitely recommending playing with this guy if you all have time. Typ_ex is a great Falco and a chill guy to boot.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Now just to lure them into the smashfests from their hiding places.... lol xD

...please don't phrase it that way. ^^;

hey guys, i wil be in austin til the 4th. falco player from oklahoma.
OH HEY, it's that Falco I was going to team with at A.L.S.! :D
I was REALLY off at that tournament, so unless you could carry a lot we would have lost anyway. :<

Are you serious? That's awesome. How would I arrange to meet up? Wouldn't mind making some new friends who actually know how to play (my roommates are horrible at the game :/).
Curious, who do you use, exige?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
OH HEY, it's that Falco I was going to team with at A.L.S.! :D
I was REALLY off at that tournament, so unless you could carry a lot we would have lost anyway. :<
sorry i couldn't go again. everybody bailed on me last minute =(. but i was in it for fun =)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You don't have to apologize for anything. I understand completely. ^_^

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
At Zigsta : I'm going to assume that you meant that as a compliment and ignore any doubts about the only-slightly-tainted image my mind's eye has built for you. ^^;

At exige: Wellllllll... Since this topic is about Brawl, I kind of meant Brawl.
The U.T. Smash Club are the ones that play Melee. They have their own topic.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
K so since it doesnt seem like anything else is planned so far for this week, let's go ahead and schedule another smashfest at my house this Thursday, from 5pm-1am.

Address: 10409 Golden Meadow #B (the side with the driveway, don't go to the blind person's door on the other side like SOME people :awesome: )
my Number in case: 2547224365

I have 1 setup, and room for another, heck maybe even a third.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Quiet, fool. T_T

I probably can't make this one, but IDK yet.

Top Bottom