• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Mike2

Smash Ace
why are you apologizing to me lmao i never said i was going to win

this is just something for me to go to coz i haven't been to a tournament since laurel's ragequit. i'll try my best tho

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mike2, I have something awesome we need to practice in teams. Snake + Bowser. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Here's the details for the Ikkicon Tournament. Zigsta, can you update the first post with this?

The Hilton Austin
500 East 4th Street
Austin, TX 78701

The Console Gaming room will be on the 6th floor. There are elevators and dolleys for anyone bringing large TVs.

Badges:

You can go to the website to view the normal rates, OR you can do the smart thing and bring a setup (TV or wii/game or both). Then you just need to register as a volunteer, which scores you a free badge. This will have to be on site most likely, since Ikkicon is this weekend.

Brawl Singles at 6 pm on Friday ($5 per person, top 3 payout and a free game for 1st place)
Brawl 2v2 at 7 pm on Saturday ($10 per team, top 3 payout)

I don't know when you guys wanted to do Melee, but we could do both singles and teams on both days and at the same prices as Brawl. I would really appreciate someone bringing a laptop to keep the bracket on (Don't worry, I can provide Tio for anyone who needs it).

Most con information can be found here:

www.ikkicon.com

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
besides, iiirc houston still needs a carpool for OHSNAP. that would be a better investment imo (i wanna see you guys there too:))
Well, money isn't really an issue. And the thing about going to OHSNAP is that I really doubt that I will have the work off. So...I may as well take this opportunity while I can.

Can you still house me?

edit: LEAF IS GOING?!?!?!
Most likely, now. :awesome:

I would show you guys whats up if singles was on Saturday. This upsets me. But that's okay, someone find me a teammate.

Badges:

You can go to the website to view the normal rates, OR you can do the smart thing and bring a setup (TV or wii/game or both). Then you just need to register as a volunteer, which scores you a free badge. This will have to be on site most likely, since Ikkicon is this weekend.
Wait, so If I bring a setup, I can get in free? Don't have to do anything else? Can I do this on Saturday or is it friday only?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember, HOBO 30 is on Jan 8th which is 10 days from now. There will not be a HOBO in Feb so this is pretty much your last major chance at some quality practice before the big one(WHOBO). So if you haven't already, please check out the HOBO 30 thread to get a partner for reg teams and MT teams or just post to let me know if you plan on going or not.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293690

Also, please head to the WHOBO 3 thread and make it big! Ask for partners(reg/low tier), issue MMs, trash talk or just generate some hype. This may be the last WHOBO i do so lets try and make it better than the previous 2.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Nope. I'm assuming Chris was referring to some gimmick he wanted to try at a smashfest.
Surely you've read my PM explaining why I can't come?

REALLY irritated that Johnny Yong Bosch is going to be there and I can't go. T_T

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
alright cool. sam's headed over now, and i got 1 other guys that says he'll be coming around 7 as well.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
**** DAMMIT ****!
Shiken, I couldn't find the place so I went home after an hour of looking. The blind man living at 10409 A didn't help much, either. T_T

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
homie, from 10409A, just go to the right.

it's like....the first home on your right, with the driveway

-RedShadow

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
ok if you went to the blind person's door, thats the duplex we're in, you just went to the wrong door lol. we're on the other side, with the driveway. you coulda called me or somethin! lol

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I think that perhaps you're mixed up, rel. We have experience and knowledge from the best Yoshi (the one you're referring to), so nobody here has reason to be afraid. :3

And I never have minutes on my phone, Shiken.

EDIT: Wait a minute. So if I'm at the blind man's door, walking toward that nearby intersection, do I turn right or do I turn left and cross the street?
(for future reference, I'm not driving anywhere for the rest of today)

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
k so after tonight's smashfest I can still say I'm still currently the worst in Austin out of those I've met so far, lol. Any of you that came got any tips for me before the tournament?

Mike2

Smash Ace
You guys will never believe it! sam007 showed up! I'm serious! so surreal :0

@ Shiken: don't random b reverse by accident like you did all tonight. lmao i'll stop fairing/dsmashing accidentally and we'll all live happily ever after

@shaun: disappointed you didn't show up -_- lmao should've called shiken

@ everyone: We gonna have a smashfest before the semester starts up? D:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
yeah i seriously dont know what was wrong with all those random reverses... ill just have to live with it for now i guess.

edit: ok finally finished unlocking that ****. now for sleep.

sam007

Smash Rookie
NNID
sam007
Yes I did show up. D=
Didn't really brawl much. In fact I only brawl one person lol.
Was interested more in TEAMS.
Was fun though, even if I didn't look it.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yes I did show up. D=
Didn't really brawl much. In fact I only brawl one person lol.
Was interested more in TEAMS.
Was fun though, even if I didn't look it.
I'm sorry. D:

Don't get discouraged by the attendance of this one. We usually have a good number of people, but everyone's out of town (or got lost finding the place).

Top Bottom