• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Your solution has ONE FATAL FLAW, Ricky. IT ISN'T VERY IMAGINATIVE.
(imagine I'm pinching one end of a big handlebar mustache)

"You could also turn into Gumby, but that sounds kind of hard."
"What if you were born with FIVE arms and one was located somewhere your mouth could reach?"
"What if your feet were hands? Would your knees count as elbows?"

All acceptable responses. I think I need to go to bed, maybe.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My nieces are watching Toy Story 2. I woke up to "there's a snake in my boots".

IG88

Smash Cadet
Ricky, I'm extremely flexible, or at least was idk about now lol and I definitely can't lick my elbow

Mike2

Smash Ace
For the badge thing....

So I'm going to have the UT smash club "sponsor" Smash Bros. Basically it's because getting my hands on a hefty amount of CRTs is a pain in the butt, as well as wii's.

So if you guys can bring a full setup, I'll let you in the game room, but that's as far as I will go. Or if it's say Mike with a TV and Polt with a Wii. I would like you to bring as much as possible, for the major duration of the day.

If you want to check out the rest of the con (panels, dealer rooms, concerts, etc) you will have to buy a badge. I'm not going to be able to give a badge out for every joe with a setup.

If you would like to know more about badges, check out ikkicon.com

So you're saying we'll be able to get to the game room without buying a badge if we bring a full setup?

And if nobody from Austin is in town, who is going to this besides me? Is SA even going? LOL

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I wanted something to happen this week so that I would have an excuse to come into town to get DKCR, but it seems like nobody's in town.

So far, I only have Shiken and CloverLeaf able to do something this week. T_T
I don't know if Joey's just passing through Austin or if he was implying that he'd stay for a smashfest, not sure what sam or Mike2 are doing, dunno about Joel, etc etc.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
alright then, smashfest at my place thursday from 5pm-1am at latest.
I have 1 full setup, room for 1 more.
address: 10409 Golden Meadow #B 78758
my cell: 2547224365

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who havn't attended a smashfest of mine yet (which theres only been 1), the only real rules I have is common sense mostly, don't be a jerk, dont make a mess, don't block people's driveways when you park, if you bring food/drink clean it up, and if you're a rager please try to hold it in, these are "friendlies" so let's keep them that way. Other than that, that should be about it. mabye we'll order some pizza or something if enough people show up.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Curious, what's the parking situation at your place, Shiken?
Are there just open spaces or is it a pay-to-park thing?
And I'll bring my Wii so that we can upload. ^_^

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got to play against my friend's Falco today!

OMG, why does everyone who lives near me play Bowser's worst MUs?!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Apparently, Joey (Kirby) and Future (a Missouri ICs player) will be attending this one, Shiken.
Kinda wish there were more people in town to give them a proper reception now. ^^;

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So you're saying we'll be able to get to the game room without buying a badge if we bring a full setup?

And if nobody from Austin is in town, who is going to this besides me? Is SA even going? LOL
Yes, and bonus points if you're willing to let people use extra controllers if you have any. Most people don't byoc at cons.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Apparently, Joey (Kirby) and Future (a Missouri ICs player) will be attending this one, Shiken.
Kinda wish there were more people in town to give them a proper reception now. ^^;
Sweet. :) Isn't Future a big famous hot shot smasher or something? Or is this a different one?

Yes, and bonus points if you're willing to let people use extra controllers if you have any. Most people don't byoc at cons.
Awesome. I will bring a tv and WOULD bring my wii. But I've been getting a disc reading error very frequently and randomly. And that's not gonna be good for tourney obv. Used the wii lense cleaner and it still happens. :( Gonna have to send it in. (I can still bring it though if you want I guess)
I will bring a tv, my copy of brawl if it helps and a couple of controllers

Shiken, would you be willing to bring your wii? And will it count for both of us if he brings his and we go together? lmao

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Future's there?!

Fudge, I wish I was there to troll him with Bowser.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
You're going Leaf?!

this weekend keeps getting better
SUPER longshot.

But I'm damn good at last second plans. I actually came up with the idea tonight.

Anyone wanna let me/maybe someone else stay with them for a better deal than what I have so far? ($40 per person)

Edit: Just realized brawl is friday, and seeing as how I wont' be there until like 4 AM saturday (long-ish story) and the fact it has attention from here means I don't have the guaranteed first I was going to use to get some money back. This displeases me.
I wish I had a motorcycle for situations like this. The gas mileage would be so much better and that's really the only thing shutting me down on this whole idea.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
if you're still considering it i might be able to let you stay at my place
Eh, it's no big deal. I don't think I could have pulled it off tbh. Working until 11 then driving to Austin...
If I didn't have work that day, I definitely would, and just sacrifice Sunday (sunday at an anime con is x.x)
That, and with all these nationals coming up...

But...it technically wouldn't cost much out of my regular money. And I've made ridiculous drives before, I'm good at that.

UGH. I need to make up my mind. I haven't been to an anime con in forever.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
if it's a money issue then i wouldn't worry about it if i was in your position.

besides, iiirc houston still needs a carpool for OHSNAP. that would be a better investment imo (i wanna see you guys there too:))

Denti

Smash Master
I'm going to ikkicon. Red shadow and Me are taking teams on Saturday. This just got real. btw red shadow I am possibly bringing a friend, if so we won't house with you : O

edit: LEAF IS GOING?!?!?!

Top Bottom