• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Okay guys I found a new tech.

From crouch you dash over the ledge. And if done correctly you will instantly grab the ledge.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well, I just quit a match out of awe and shame. I was playing 3DS For Glory, and this Mario was kicking my ass. First kill came from a reflected Aura Sphere >_>;

He was at 12% on his first stock while I was on my second. From there, we kept even in percentage. I killed him with a b-throw at the ledge. I'm at 126%, he's at 114%, throw puts him at 128%. Plausible kill. Now here's where things get stupid. He hits me a couple times upon his return. Now I'm at 142%. I grab him and do uthrow to uair... I do 32% with this. He hits me a couple more times, putting me at 154%. I do a backwards roll, and he chases after me with the cape (he's been using cape a lot during this match to **** up my projectile game). He whiffs it and I hit with my forwards smash, putting him at 58% and killing him. I'm at the center of Omega Jungle Japes, and I kill him with three ****ing moves. One string, and one read, and the lightning shows up. I feel bad.

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
I just had the best match against a Sheik player. The best part by far was at the very end of the match when I knocked him into the air. He tried to Up-B underneath me when I jumped up to pursue. I accidentally did a Bair instead of the Uair I wanted to use to kill. Insane luck happened, and he teleported straight into my Bair for the match-winning kill.

TL; DR: THE HARDEST READS EVER

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Hello I'm just getting into the community as well I main lucario on Wii U and I'd like to play some friendlies sometime my NNID is DomBadZZZ, Ive been creepin around the forums for awhile but I really want to get into competitive play. I also second DK because his play style is awesome.

Also whats the point of doing instant ledge grabs if we don't have many ledge trump options? Maybe just on little mac haha

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Hello I'm just getting into the community as well I main lucario on Wii U and I'd like to play some friendlies sometime my NNID is DomBadZZZ, Ive been creepin around the forums for awhile but I really want to get into competitive play. I also second DK because his play style is awesome.

Also whats the point of doing instant ledge grabs if we don't have many ledge trump options? Maybe just on little mac haha
Out of trump you can't directly hit them because lucario's bair is too slow but you can wait on the regrab for an aura sphere which hits ledge regrabbers. You can do any attack when they regrab of course but most smart players will realize they'll lose invinciblity so they might choose to do an upb and avoid the auto snap. Like for example a link will do an upb and hold down so he doesn't grab the ledge so his upb will beat your bair, dair, ect. Most chars can do something like that so aura sphere is the safest thing to do and wins almost everytime.

I still think lucario's reverse facing aura sphere setup is more useful than trumping though

also its almost impossible to trump mac because his upb is weird

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Um..Excuse you? Your wiiu main currently says yoshi, 3ds main says lucario. You aren't welcome here yoshi scum, the door is that way ^
Welp, time for me to stop lurking here. Bye! :)

Last edited:

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I have a theory on Smash 4 Lucario and Brawl Lucario. Here goes...

They're different Lucarios! The same situation between Melee Pikachu and Brawl Pikachu being different Pikachus.
I like to believe Smash 4 Lucario is younger and less skilled with Aura manipulation which is why he can't use it as well on his normals like Brawl Lucario hence the range reduction but more power. Brawl Lucario is more experienced and more controlled with Aura hence the effects being more tempered while Smash 4 Lucario lets it go all at once and due to his rage.

Well I hope you all liked my theory that doesn't have a hypothesis or follows the scientific method.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I was told to upload it to Reddit for all that sweet, sweet karma.

I barely even look at Reddit but whatever.
You're a mess, lmao.

Really though, dudes can't be letting Lucario get anywhere near max aura. This wasn't a Sheik, lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If only that thing actually loaded for me but my guess is Yoshi died after 4 hits.

Edit: Finally loaded, Firefly.... tap jump on ruined you. I hope you still browse snoreboreds so you can see how silly you were.

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty yoshi could have likely upsmashed before the FP grab connected.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Do you know anybody that goes by the name Forre? I met him on For Glory and we Lucario ditto'd once (then I went DHD because I'm not a fan of the ditto). He seemed to know what he was doing and wavebounced around a whole lot.
As PSIBoy already mentioned, Forre is this guy (you should totally watch Unleash Your Brawl and it's followups while you're there...!) and my friend, we happen to play a lot together. I have sort of trained his Lucario a bit though the continuous crazy wavebouncing is totally his own thing and he even manages to be annoyingly effective with it usually.

Also, who's going to Apex?

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Now the Lucario *****ing is happening again thanks to that gif. I wonder when people will make the connection that Lucario with high Aura is like fighting a Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, Charizard. Basically characters that kills with a few reads.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's the same old sad song. Stop letting him live that long and the problem goes away.

Also, not going to Apex because weird ruleset and not interested.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
It's the same old song and dance for any unpopular mechanic. Complaints will never end.

I canceled my flight to Apex because Job Market down south isn't as good as I thought :( Maybe next year.

Kami being a skinny white kid doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Seeing YOSHI of all characters having problems kill makes me cringe.

Last edited:

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Besides jab -> Upsmash does he even have any reliable kill set-ups on us?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Slush, I see you, answer the question.

Croi

Smash Lord
I didn't include it in the gif because it made it too long (gfycat has a 15 second limit) but I teched a neutral air just before this string. So I like to think that it was equal parts me refusing to die as it was him being unable to kill me.

The video is uploading now so you can be the judge in a few minutes!

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
lol rt
Ones not brought up, Uair DownB and Fsmash. Bout it.

Bair being changed to be a spike/KO move is horrid cause it's almost never used due to the landing lag and the fact if we hit someones shield with the move or even just one hit of it, they can punish quite easily. Think there was 3 out of 4 times I used it against my last match I won Saturday where he just shield grabbed me after hitting him with the move.

Uair and DownB feels random when it wants to kill, sometimes it'll kill super early under100%, but sometimes even against the mid weight characters they'll live till 130+%, usually not showing the lightning effect. I mostly remember 99% of the time someone smacks their lips in annoyance or something from thinking they died finally but I have to tell them "nah ur fine m8, didn't kill for some reason"

DownB if anything is better trying to break shields since Sakurai gave it 10 extra shield damage for some reason, dunno what other moves in the game he gave more shield damage outside of the obvious bowser DownB but Yoshi's DownB is one of em too.

As for Fsmash, http://smashboards.com/threads/hint...and-answer-thread.373013/page-4#post-18319541
I missed two or three kill opportunities in both friendlies and matches Saturday cause my Fsmash whiffed them completely. With shields being extremely good in this game and being better to not hit their shield at all, Fsmash is probably no longer to be considered a kill move. Pivot fsmash is sneaky still of course.

Usmash is one of our better kill options since even if it barely nicks someone from behind it can kill.

Fair

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He still playing Yoshi like he's Brawl and tried to use Dsmash to kill instead of just Usmash to win.
You deserved it.

He also eating aura spheres for breakfast lunch dinner and snacks.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That DI.

And wat, that is not how Smash 4 Yoshi plays.

I'm surprised the Yoshi boards hate Fsmash, I find it good if you space it and his head is invincible. I rarely miss when I try using it, but mainly because I try to space it while landing from the air. But then again, my playstyle is always unique for any character I touch...

Last edited:

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say thats more due to bad DI he honestly could of lived if he DI'ed upward
As random as this is, I just checked using the exact same set up and yes, he could have easily lived if he DI'd better, but not from holding up. Seriously, DI is not the same in this game. Compared to up or neutral, Diddy went less far when I held left or even DOWN (after he was hit so it's not crouch cancelling).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom