• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
You think he's going to stay?

Pikachu and Jiggs are the two vets, so they're shoe-ins IMO. IDK about PT and Lucario. Moreso Lucario because he's got gen 5 PKMN to worry about.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
They better not go overboard with the whole "graceful martial artist" theme they gave him in this game. Lucario needs more MANLY fighting type attacks.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea, seriously, wear the hell did they get that horrible aura mechanic from? Seemed like just a random gimmick they tossed on the guy based offa nothing. It'd be nice if they just gave him a consistent power level next game not based off of damage percent.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Oh my goodness all these folks cutting Lucario in their rosters is hysterical.

I think the logic goes:

> Lucario got in instead of Mewtwo.
> Zoroark will get in instead of Lucario.

But then a twist:

> Mewtwo will come back, because everyone is upset that he was cut.

Making the Pokemon representation look like this:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Red (Or some other gen PT, tee hee.)

Yeah, cutting a Pokemon in favor of a newer one just to put said Pokemon back in eventually makes a lot o' sense.

Hysterical.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I think the logic goes:

There's probably more to it than that (like bias), but yeah people can be really dumb. And so here's another addition of my blog:

Generations: Sakurai doesn’t care about representing all the Generations. You might say he did in Melee with Pichu, but you have to remember that Pichu was added as a filler character to buff up the roster after the main roster was done. Pichu, therefore, was not only not originally planned, but was added because it looked enough like Pichu. Brawl should also be obvious as two Generations were skipped entirely.
Flavors of the Month: Pretty much the term that first appeared when dumb fans claim that Lucario and Ike replaced Mewtwo and Roy. It should be obvious now that by how far that latter two were planned that they were not replaced, only cut because of time (think Sonic the Hedgehog being added at the last minute). The other obvious fact this is not true is yet again due to Generations not being represented, that and so many characters such as Jigglypuff and Marth are still being used.
Sakurai sees Pokeballs as another form of representing fan favorite Pokemon: If you look at the Melee poll and the Pokemon on it, they all ended up in some form in Melee. For the people who remember Pre-Brawl, the largest fanbases (Garevoir, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys) all ended up in Brawl as well. Sakurai has also metioned in interviews that the Pokemon series is hard as **** to decide on due to the many fanbases. So like he said with ATs, Pokeballs are another form of representation.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

I think the logic goes:

But then a twist:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Yeah, cutting a Pokemon in favor of a newer one just to put said Pokemon back in eventually makes a lot o' sense.

Hysterical.
Sadly I can see that :(
Maybe they will do that but keep Lucario so the same mistake is not made.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There's probably more to it than that (like bias), but yeah people can be really dumb. And so here's another addition of my blog:

Flavors of the Month: Pretty much the term that first appeared when dumb fans claim that Lucario and Ike replaced Mewtwo and Roy. It should be obvious now that by how far that latter two were planned that they were not replaced, only cut because of time (think Sonic the Hedgehog being added at the last minute). The other obvious fact this is not true is yet again due to Generations not being represented, that and so many characters such as Jigglypuff and Marth are still being used.
Well, Ike and Lucario definitely had priority over Roy and Mewtwo. Sakurai must have had them completed first, meaning that he wanted the new guys in the game more than the veterans (if time did not permit all four). In my opinion, the result is Roy and Mewtwo being replaced by the new flavors of the month.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

I think the logic goes:

But then a twist:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Hysterical.
Funny, check the main roster speculation thread, I had an argument with some idiot who did the same thing with cutting Lucario and adding MewTwo and I told him that it's illogical to remove Lucario and add MewTwo back.....it's quite recent and when I saw your reply I felt so happy because you proved to me normal people with clear thinking exist in this fanbase :)...

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Hey, someone's gotta stand up for the lovable Steel/Fighting type. Otherwise the Lucario fans of today will eventually feel what Mewtwo fans do now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The aura system sounded all well and good to start out, but it can be quite frustrating when Lucario becomes unable to KO opponents while leading.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
They need to give him some sort of Close combat mechanic as a fast combo....and they need to make Aura sphere look like what it's supposed to be, make it faster and make it look like Aura sphere not shadow ball....and yea Aura Sphere should be spamable without charging very fast and weak , but you can charge it with A+B and it becomes really small but it should be very effective.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
The aura gimmic didnt really make a noticeable difference.

Starting off with diddly damage, knockback, and shieldstun is huge. Are MU's are skewed quite a bit by this mechanic. If it weren't for it, we wouldn't have such aggravating MU's against ddd or snake because we wouldn't be struggling to play catch up if they get the first stock. That goes for all characters that kill us early.

On the flip side characters like yoshi that don't have a reliable way of killing us get screwed over pretty hard. Lucario could have easily been one of the most balanced characters if it weren't for the aura mechanic.

On top of that, our percent decides our killing methods, combos, what is and isn't safe, and our playstyle heavily. Its a big deal.

I wouldn't mind if its in the next game, but I rather have more reliable ways of killing and all that.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I want Lucario to feel less floaty and I also want a different DownB.

Maybe something like PM, were the more attacks you land the more powerful this attack becomes, not sure what the attack could be but I'll think of something.
Also keep Forcepalm as it is but let Lucario grab with it in the air like he can in PM and give him the same extreme speed he has in PM.
I kinda like aura sphere how it is because a normal aura sphere seemed weak in PM :/.

But I like Lucario's current playstyle.

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie

I think the logic goes:

But then a twist:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Hysterical.
You literally just described my Pokemon column on my SSB4 roster with the exact same theorizing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I want Lucario to feel less floaty and I also want a different DownB.

Maybe something like PM, were the more attacks you land the more powerful this attack becomes, not sure what the attack could be but I'll think of something.
Also keep Forcepalm as it is but let Lucario grab with it in the air like he can in PM and give him the same extreme speed he has in PM.
I kinda like aura sphere how it is because a normal aura sphere seemed weak in PM :/.

But I like Lucario's current playstyle.

Well in P:M his auraspheres nerfed because he's a close quarter combat beast in that game~ Its only there to help approaches. Honestly, thats how I wanted him to play when I heard he was first announced. But no, we get floaty, slow lucario. ;~;

Also yea, why's the dude float? He's got steel in his body!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Well in P:M his auraspheres nerfed because he's a close quarter combat beast in that game~ Its only there to help approaches. Honestly, thats how I wanted him to play when I heard he was first announced. But no, we get floaty, slow lucario. ;~;

Also yea, why's the dude float? He's got steel in his body!
Nintendo logic.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
I'm surprised with the multitude of arguments against aura. Aura is what defines Luc. The way he can come back from 100% even stronger than he was originally makes him an epic comeback fighter.

It can be annoying how he has trouble three stocking on the flip side, but I consider it a fair price to pay.

What he really needs fixed is his awful ES. Change that garbage to a damaging "aura hop" or something.

And since when is Luc supposed to be slow ? I don't mind his floatyness (in fact it helps with mind games etc.), but he needs some nice, quick close range moves.

His unique aura ability making him a comeback fighter makes Luc an unforgettable character, SSBB4 being no acception.

:phone:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Or just make ES actually be extremely speedy and do damage.

I'd still like to see a more rugged fighting style from him in the next installation. Type wild did a good job of portraying the fighting type. Something like these.

Shoulder barge with short range, but high shield stun, shield push and knockback.

An overhead kick, that spikes~

And double kick would make for a great u-tilt~

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't see zoroark playing to differently than old lucario both are ninja dog things the only thing i could see is zoroark using his claws instead of the hand..thrust..thing and having shadow ball instead of aura sphere. Oh and perhaps have his illusion ability in some weird gimmick like maybe he starts the match as another player from the roster untill he takes a certain amount of damage??

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I honestly don't see zoroark playing to differently than old lucario both are ninja dog things the only thing i could see is zoroark using his claws instead of the hand..thrust..thing and having shadow ball instead of aura sphere. Oh and perhaps have his illusion ability in some weird gimmick like maybe he starts the match as another player from the roster untill he takes a certain amount of damage??
Lucario's Moves.
Zoroark's Moves.
Lucario is a Fighting/Steel type while Zoroark is a Dark type.

These two have almost nothing in common with each other aside from their passing resemblance(OMG humanoid animal creature they must be exactly the same!)

And I think that P:M Lucario should be a model, at least with the combo/cancel gimmick. If the A+B moves were incorporated into an actual Smash game I think it should be a universal mechanic.

Another thing I just realized: why is Lucario's counter type moved based on Double Team and not counter/detect?

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Lucario's Moves.
Zoroark's Moves.
Lucario is a Fighting/Steel type while Zoroark is a Dark type.

These two have almost nothing in common with each other aside from their passing resemblance(OMG humanoid animal creature they must be exactly the same!)

And I think that P:M Lucario should be a model, at least with the combo/cancel gimmick. If the A+B moves were incorporated into an actual Smash game I think it should be a universal mechanic.

Another thing I just realized: why is Lucario's counter type moved based on Double Team and not counter/detect?
Both fox humanoids that that are depicted as ninjas in their anime appearances It's kinda hard not to draw similarities here.

As for moveset very easy to give zoroark moves that will function the exact same or completely different.

Same

Aura sphere=Shadow ball

Force palm=Night Slash

Extreme Speed= Pursuit(you gotta be pretty fast to catch a pokemon returning to it's pokeball)

Double Team=...Double Team

Aura Storm(made up for smash)= Night Daze (real move)

D

Deleted member

I believe that Lucario, along with all other veterans should return. Honestly don't see him going, barring time constraints.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see both him and Mewtwo return. Aside from specials (which were clearly Mewtwo inspired), they don't have much in common, and if they change up some of Mewtwo's moves, they can go their separate ways and both be awesome.

Among other things, I'd like for Extremespeed to be faster, rename Double Team to Counter or Me First, and rename Aura Storm to Flash Cannon.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Both fox humanoids that that are depicted as ninjas in their anime appearances It's kinda hard not to draw similarities here.
Why's everyone think he's a ninja fox? I swear...

Lucario's a jackal who's calm and collected in battle, and fights with martial arts. His fighting style can be compared to Egyptian boxing. Zoroark knows nothing of martial arts and relies almost completely on instincts while fighting, is depicted as feral and chaotic in battle and uses illusions and its claws as its main form of offensive. The two are hardly alike aside from there humanoid appearance.

Lucario's moveset fits lucario. If you really wanna grasp at straws, and give the moveset to zoroark you could, but it would be completely unfitting. I mean your really reaching deep comparing Night slash to force palm, and Night Daze to Aurastorm.

Force palm being a grab makes sense. In the original game it has a chance to paralyze, and you probably would need a pretty good grip to palm someones chest. Night Slash though? I really can't see that move being a grab....or firing a beam if you miss. Night Slash has always been depicted as a dashing slash for when the opponent drops its gaurd. And Night Daze is a force field while Aurastorm is a beam.

Aurasphere is Lucario's signature move. Giving Lucario Aurasphere makes alot more sense then giving Zoroark shadow ball.

Also you're only addressing the special moves. Like you said earlier, Zoroark would use his claws. So all of his "A" moves would be diffrent. Considerably quicker and shorter ranged too.

If you wanna talk mobility Zoroarks depicted as much quicker.

The 2 would not have similar playstyles. Like...
At all dude.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Force palm=Night Slash
Grabbing move = Slashing move. Makes sense.

Someone's never played Pokemon before. (Unless you're one of those people who refuse to play anything outside of the Generation you started with)

edit: anyone have that "there is logic in what he says" clip from Doctor Who? The one Linkara always uses? Cause it'd be perfect here.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Lucario is a jackal, Zoroark is a kitsune. Very different. And neither are really ninjas.

As for moveset very easy to give zoroark moves that will function the exact same or completely different.
lolwut. The moves could be the same. Or not. It's very hard to tell sometimes.

edit: Is English not your first language?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You could, but why would you, exactly?
Good question. Pretty much goes against everything we currently know about character inclusion. If they don't add something to the game then why add them?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Good question. Pretty much goes against everything we currently know about character inclusion. If they don't add something to the game then why add them?
Simplicity at it's finest, solider. <3

:awesome: If they don't add Victini to the game, then why add Zoroark? :awesome:

Zoroark doesn't need to copy off of Lucario, but knowing Sakurai, she will relate to Lucario or Wolf, somehow.

D

Deleted member

This came from an argument/debate in another thread. Putting this in here because it relates to Lucario and is on-topic.
--- said:
Lucario was well recieved and is arguably more popular than Zoroark. But seeing as I don't have nor want to back this particular claim up I'll leave this up to opinion. It's off-topic from what I'm trying to get at anyway.
I can back this one up.

Remember that Pokemon poll back in April, 2011? Both Lucario and Zoroark made the Top 100. But here's the thing; Lucario was in the early 30s and Zoroark was in the early 60s. Yes, the mascot of the last gen was more popular than a new and coming mascot that was just revealed last year.

Given that poll had over ten million votes, that counts for something. I think Lucario in the long run will be more popular than Zoroark. I am not saying Lucario will definitely get in before Zoroark/Genesect/Gen 6 Pokemon, rather, I am saying that Lucario's popularity within Smash and within the Pokemon community warrants his return and can easily co-exist with whoever the Pokemon newcomer is.

Also, someone needs to give evidence that Sakurai even considers time relevance as a factor when deciding characters. No one and I repeat, no one has been able to show this and until that day comes, I see no point in using time relevance in Smash 4 speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom