• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So for glory 3?
I wasn't personally involved in that incident, so I can't comment on why it happened. But it was amusing to say the least, especially when my team played the winning team afterwards and we were all laughs and smiles during and after the match.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Well alrighty. I ran into a very legit Captain Falcon on for glory, I officially say that I am not a fan of getting caught in a sliding grab->grab release Gentlemen combo.

While I lost more than I won, he won't be forgetting that Fair I did. Got slide grabbed which both of us slid off the stage *which is something he did a lot to me* and I immediately footstooled him and as he jumped and I Faired him and he bounced off the underside of the stage and I got the KO. The bounce speed an Fair can make someone do surprised me when that happened.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Well I disagree, I constantly play FG for lack of ways to get to a tournament, and I have learned some things. For Glory is like a social media... in saying that it can influence your playstyle and mindset. Smash is a very mental game and requires focus and observation as well as strategy. I am 100% certain that your thinking will help more than your skill. I say this from experience. As some of you may know, I am new to a GC controller (actually I use the fight pad but ill get a GC controller soon :3) and I KNOW that most of my wins on FG my opponents had more skill than me, but I could bait them out and I would 2 stock everyone..So basically my point is that FG is mental training while when in tournaments it is a combination of both skill and mental focus....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
FG will eventually lead to bad habits and "WiFi player" syndrome, especially when you get very bad players.

Just be careful.

You can also ask people here for matches. At the very least, it'll be a step above what you will normally encounter on FG.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
FG will eventually lead to bad habits and "WiFi player" syndrome, especially when you get very bad players.

Just be careful.

You can also ask people here for matches. At the very least, it'll be a step above what you will normally encounter on FG.
lol if anyone besides mti or me actually played. I think more people should lucario ditto though, it can be useful and you might learn something

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind playing with anyone on here. If you don't mind the fact that Lucario is just a secondary and I generally use others. As well as the fact that I currently lack the LAN adapter, but that should be rectified in a week.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
lol if anyone besides mti or me actually played. I think more people should lucario ditto though, it can be useful and you might learn something
I'm almost always open to play after I get off work and have even offered several times in the past, but no one ever has ever responded except for one person. It doesn't hurt me, since I can find other people to practice with easily. I will play friendlies with anyone, regardless of skill.

And yes, I've learned the Lucario ditto is stupid. I've done some pretty silly stuff, but this applies to ALL dittos.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I'm almost always open to play after I get off work and have even offered several times in the past, but no one ever has ever responded except for one person. It doesn't hurt me, since I can find other people to practice with easily. I will play friendlies with anyone, regardless of skill.

And yes, I've learned the Lucario ditto is stupid. I've done some pretty silly stuff, but this applies to ALL dittos.
It's interesting, because when you're at low percents and they're high, they're a lighter (more killable) you with more power. I once lost a For Glory Lucario ditto because their Aura Sphere outprioritized mine.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you're still around in about one and half hours when I am at home, I'd be down.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I should be.
Cool, I guess I'll get on Skype and add you when I get home. Not sure what rules you use, but I'm down for 2 or 3 stocks. Don't really care. I *may* use other characters besides Lucario, unless you forbid it.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well that was entertaining.

No one expects Kirby or Falco until it's too late.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Its 2015 in Australia now, Happy new years to all my Lucario friends! <3
HAPPY NEW YEAR BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Zealand celebrated New Year 2015 as Sydney prepares with 9pm fireworks display
Sydney enjoyed an amazing aerial display over its iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge ahead of the main event.

Millions of Australians celebrated the New Year at 1pm GMT as the stunning fireworks filled the sky.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would think the Skype group would be better.

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
Hey, everybody! I'm new here, and I've just recently gotten Smash Wii U. Right now Lucario is my main, but I'm also looking around and learning other characters to be more fluent. Lucario is also my favorite Pokemon, and I love his playstyle. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning even more about my current main.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hey, everybody! I'm new here, and I've just recently gotten Smash Wii U. Right now Lucario is my main, but I'm also looking around and learning other characters to be more fluent. Lucario is also my favorite Pokemon, and I love his playstyle. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning even more about my current main.
Welcome and enjoy your stay. Feel free to pick our brains if ya need anything.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Um..Excuse you? Your wiiu main currently says yoshi, 3ds main says lucario. You aren't welcome here yoshi scum, the door is that way ^

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But I secondary Yoshi...

Not because I like the character, he is just so easy to play and has incredibly dumb priority on EVERYTHING. His jab is dumb. Why does his nair clank with PROJECTILES...?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Cause it has landing lag now and is incredibly bad against players with half a brain.
Basically saying it's punishable.

As for jab it's always been good, glad it's better since sakurai had the need to make him an actual character finally but nerf the rest of the stuff that made him half viable in the past. Pivot grab bair Fsmash no DJC/DR etc. Thus essentially cancelling out the buffs he gave him. "Here's OoS options, we're taking away your only viable grab though and nerfing your moves too"

I can see Yoshi being knocked out of top 10 once people realize he's not as strong as people make him out to be.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Really? I think people are still sleeping on Yoshi. He has dumb priority and damage output, some of his moves have dumb range, a command grab and great aerial mobility, a good shieldbreak/kill move, and good multihit moves with a true nair to boot.

But then again, I don't come from ever suffering as Yoshi from other Smash games, so my views might be more optimistic. It's just on paper, he seems to be top 5. But since not many people use him...

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not many people use him cause they either don't want too or no idea how to so they try and do what they'd do with Diddy, Bread n butter combos while playing smartly but that tends to not work for them cause they have to put more effort if they wanna make Yoshi work.
Yoshi's still easier to pick up than he was in brawl or melee for sure this time around.

Why do that when you can put less effort for Sheik Diddy Sonic etc. and get more reward? Think a couple days ago I tried sheik in for glory while playing with somebody for an hour almost and won a good amount of matches, felt dirty cause of how easy and smooth she felt playing her once I played 3 matches to get used to her.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, I do want to have a good Yoshi eventually, he might cover some bad Lucario matchups imo.

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
Um..Excuse you? Your wiiu main currently says yoshi, 3ds main says lucario. You aren't welcome here yoshi scum, the door is that way ^
:( I'm working on multiple characters and didn't know what to put so I put my top two in 3DS and Wii U cuz they're pretty much similar games. I'm definitely way better with Lucario than any other character right now. No need to be so hostile

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Any new Yoshi's is welcome. We honestly need it since our tournament results are still held secret or usually just never voiced out loud in a way where it wows people. Just usually "Oh ok Yoshi did decent at this tournament, alright"

Any actual amazing results that happens is japan only and usually just waiting for gheb to bring it up.

Also don't mind Kami, Martian. Play who you like.

Last edited:

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
Yeah, I'm not all too rumbled about it lol. I've got like 5 characters I'm working on right now anyway so it's kind of a moot point for me to declare a main. Why isn't there a selection for random? XD

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I currently have three mains (Ness, TL, and Kirby), four secondaries (Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Pikachu, and Lucario), and one fun character (Captain Falcon). Go ahead Kami. Call me out.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Non lucario mains scumming up the thread
All reported. Enjoy your soon to come bans.

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
Non lucario mains scumming up the thread
All reported. Enjoy your soon to come bans.
If it makes you happy, I am a Lucario main in the fundamental sense, as he's the character I've used the most in both the 3DS and Wii U versions. He's also the only character I've used in For Glory. I don't know what kind of "Aryan master race" kind of thing you're trying to run dude, but if you think that only using one character well is a viable option, then that's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom