• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
u wanna fite m8 = ' ^ ' = +====>
= ' ^ ' = ︻╦╤─

Also if you guys ever play in a wifi tourney and are streamed
You must make the 3rd player/streamer a CPU so your aura will not be affected. A human spectator will cause aura loss because when he sd's it will count as you winning.

CPU's do not cause aura loss or gain with stocks for some reason. I've been streamed a bit and just found this solution

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It fits with what was going on earlier. I'm curious why it does this though.

Steam

Smash Hero
Don't worry about kami, he's just frustrated that I don't love him. Not going to infract him this time because I know that's what he wants >_>

@ Croi Croi : that falcon was awful though. the main issue in the matchup for me has been landing kill moves, I do fine in every situation but the falcon would always live to 200+ even when I had aura.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
That's the opposite of how it works. If you can't see it on the Wii U version, there's probably no visual effect and/or it's likely placebo.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure we win the Samus matchup. Only thing to really watch out for being Charge Shot.
No, Ive tested it and the Wii U version graphics are too HD to tell, on the 3ds the aura wave on jab 1 is simpler to see.

Also, we have been talking a lot about wrecking each other but actually do you know how****ing annoying Lucario vs Lucario (if u have one) is!!! Ok so you can be agaisnt a nub and rack up their pererntage then if you get offstage friggren once, they can aura sphere your furry *** through the blast zone. This is how Lucario matchups should be: either 1 stock, or a team battle with only Lucario's doing the fighting, if a Lucario dies then someone else dies on other team to even out...,wait I wonder if there are player specific tournaments.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
No, Ive tested it and the Wii U version graphics are too HD to tell, on the 3ds the aura wave on jab 1 is simpler to see.

Also, we have been talking a lot about wrecking each other but actually do you know how****ing annoying Lucario vs Lucario (if u have one) is!!! Ok so you can be agaisnt a nub and rack up their pererntage then if you get offstage friggren once, they can aura sphere your furry *** through the blast zone. This is how Lucario matchups should be: either 1 stock, or a team battle with only Lucario's doing the fighting, if a Lucario dies then someone else dies on other team to even out...,wait I wonder if there are player specific tournaments.
Lucario vs Lucario is a blast! Its also great when you smack your opponent off stage and edgeguard with a charging aurasphere and just sit and watch them try to figure out a way to get over you without hitting the aura sphere or be open to be hit by a thrown aura sphere. (or watch them plummet to the bottom blastzone)

|RK|

Smash Marketer

Then there is no visual effect on the Wii U version. HD stands for high definition, and there is nothing that is easier to see in 240p vs 480p (gamepad resolution) and up.

Also, Aura Sphere sniping is fun.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Wait, would it be possible to use Double Team on Mac's KO Punch and it would work? I think Greninja's could, though it was in mid-air when I saw it, so...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, would it be possible to use Double Team on Mac's KO Punch and it would work? I think Greninja's could, though it was in mid-air when I saw it, so...
Grounded KO Punch has different properties than aerial one. Grounded KO Punch cannot be blocked, super-armored (I think), or countered by anyone from what I've seen/heard. The only way to get around it is to not get hit by spotdodging/rolling/being invincible or they whiff. You can powershield an aerial KO Punch. It's called move balance, albeit a silly way of doing it.

Maybe you can hit Mac out of KO Punch while in the actual Double Team attack since is Lucario invincible, but I don't think anyone has tested it. You'd have to be in an extremely strange circumstance to predict a KO Punch and try stopping it with Double Team.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Grounded KO Punch has different properties aerial one. Grounded KO Punch cannot be blocked, super-armored (I think), or countered by anyone from what I've seen/heard. The only way to get around it is to not get hit by spotdodging/rolling/being invincible or they whiff. You can powershield an aerial KO Punch. It's called move balance, albeit a silly way of doing it.
Okay, thank you for clarifying. Kinda weird that they made aerial KO punch weaker, but meh.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Grounded KO Punch has different properties than aerial one. Grounded KO Punch cannot be blocked, super-armored (I think), or countered by anyone from what I've seen/heard. The only way to get around it is to not get hit by spotdodging/rolling/being invincible or they whiff. You can powershield an aerial KO Punch. It's called move balance, albeit a silly way of doing it.

Maybe you can hit Mac out of KO Punch while in the actual Double Team attack since is Lucario invincible, but I don't think anyone has tested it. You'd have to be in an extremely strange circumstance to predict a KO Punch and try stopping it with Double Team.
Dtilt combos into it, yeah? So if we can bait out the dtilt, we can counter that.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

Actually, double teaming a KO punch makes it whiff. It just phases through you and the counter attack does not activate, strangely it does with peach bomber as well. The result is fairly amusing though, I doubled teamed a KO punch in a free for all the other day and the guy next to me got hit while I did not and the Little Mac just stared at me for a while.

It's overall very weird though. Even the windbox part of the punch does not even touch you if you double team it.

Unless you are talking about the counter attack of double team itself then no it does not stop it but Lucario will float a while due to the punch then continue with the kick.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow, you are right. I just tested it and confirmed it. That is...super inconsistent, since I believe all other counter moves in the game are hit by it.

This game truly baffles me when it does this kind of nonsense.

Needless to say, even if the Mac whiffs the KO Punch because of Double Team, they still do something almost immediately, including rolling away. Just something to keep in mind I guess.

I have some dub matches that should go up later this week. Some of the kills I got...they should not have happened.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Counters in general are strange honestly, fast counters like Marth/Lucina and Ike can actually be spammed to make grabs whiff and if you got some crazy timing then it may be possible to infinitely whiff grabs for as long as they try by spamming counter.*Obviously not the case for Lucario due to the whole "Watch me dance a while" after the counter attack window has already ended but can still make an initial grab attempt whiff as well.

Some voodoo in this game I swear.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hmm I have been trying out UTilt to pivot grab recently at low % and I'm really feeling it. Our regular pivot grab range feels so disjointed I love it.

Is it me or does pivot Force Palm grab have a bit more grab range than normal FP? It feels a little different at least and I haven't been able to quite put my finger on what is different.

Double Team has an insane amount of hitstun, I should do some research on it. It would be hilarious if we could do something like... Double Team to perfect pivot or RAR BAir. That may have the potential to be a 0 death combo at higher %s.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Wow, you are right. I just tested it and confirmed it. That is...super inconsistent, since I believe all other counter moves in the game are hit by it.

This game truly baffles me when it does this kind of nonsense.

Needless to say, even if the Mac whiffs the KO Punch because of Double Team, they still do something almost immediately, including rolling away. Just something to keep in mind I guess.

I have some dub matches that should go up later this week. Some of the kills I got...they should not have happened.
If mac whiffs ko punch, his cooldown frames are twice or triple that of lucarios cooldown on double team. You can punish him easily

Steam

Smash Hero
just remember that using double team on KO punch is playing russian roulette with your life... probably better options most of the time.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
just remember that using double team on KO punch is playing russian roulette with your life... probably better options most of the time.
Its fun though! Baiting a KO punch or seeing a panic KO punch coming and double teaming it is extremely fun.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Lucario vs Lucario is a blast! Its also great when you smack your opponent off stage and edgeguard with a charging aurasphere and just sit and watch them try to figure out a way to get over you without hitting the aura sphere or be open to be hit by a thrown aura sphere. (or watch them plummet to the bottom blastzone)
Exactly, that is my point, what if you are in that same position??!
Then there is no visual effect on the Wii U version. HD stands for high definition, and there is nothing that is easier to see in 240p vs 480p (gamepad resolution) and up.

Also, Aura Sphere sniping is fun.
ok....I don't really like aura sphere though-wish it was a unique projectile move (almost exactly like Samus' charge beam)
Why would you though? I find it very easy to knock a KO punch out of a Little Mac without being hit...what is the point of double teaming a KO punch..other than a taunt or a laugh?

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Exactly, that is my point, what if you are in that same position??!
Honestly Id wall jump and extreme speed around the charging aura sphere and try to hit with the attack portion if I can.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If mac whiffs ko punch, his cooldown frames are twice or triple that of lucarios cooldown on double team. You can punish him easily
Ah, it's hard to tell when you try to control two people at once with precise timing.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Sup everyone. Dunno if any of the older Brawl Lucario players are still around, but I'm an OG Lucario player here from 2008-11, and I've got two questions!

-How easy was the transition from Brawlcario to Smash 4? Maining Rosa and Mega Man at the moment, but considering going back to my roots.

-How would you say Lucario fares against Yoshi? I'm considering this switch because I honestly keep getting bodied with my current two characters and I am hoping to pick up a character I have some prior knowledge with.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Sup everyone. Dunno if any of the older Brawl Lucario players are still around, but I'm an OG Lucario player here from 2008-11, and I've got two questions!

-How easy was the transition from Brawlcario to Smash 4? Maining Rosa and Mega Man at the moment, but considering going back to my roots.

-How would you say Lucario fares against Yoshi? I'm considering this switch because I honestly keep getting bodied with my current two characters and I am hoping to pick up a character I have some prior knowledge with.
I'm not that good, mind. But I did play some Lucario in Brawl. So long as you can get used to having to make your attacks precise (no more lingering hitboxes) and staying mostly grounded, the transition isn't that hard. Aura scaling + rage is hella strong, but you're even weaker at low percents.

From what I've seen and experienced, that's Yoshi's matchup. Probably not to an extreme, but damn is Yoshi not to be ****ed with.

Croi

Smash Lord
If you can get even a little bit of momentum against Yoshi, you'll be able to do a ton of damage and maybe score an easy kill. Yoshi is really hard to get into but he's easy to fluster in my experience. I'd say it's a hard even, if not slight advantage Yoshi.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Yoshi is a pest to approach for me. Its his aerial mobility that always messes me up. Like he slips around in midair somehow. And how awkward it is to punish his dash attack sometimes. Or how difficult it is to get around his eggs if he decides to utilize them into the mix. Or how Yoshi lands 1 or 2 hits of his b-air when you're on the ground, resulting in you laying down-Yoshi is just too hectic for me, no matter what character I fight him with.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Yoshi is a pest to approach for me. Its his aerial mobility that always messes me up. Like he slips around in midair somehow. And how awkward it is to punish his dash attack sometimes. Or how difficult it is to get around his eggs if he decides to utilize them into the mix. Or how Yoshi lands 1 or 2 hits of his b-air when you're on the ground, resulting in you laying down-Yoshi is just too hectic for me, no matter what character I fight him with.
I'd avoid aggressively approaching Yoshi. His attacks have like Brawl Lucario's disjoints. Trying to air fight Yoshi is kinda like trying to punch a brick wall. Aura Sphere is your friend and Double Team that Down B.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Finally returned to Lucario a couple of minutes ago, as I 0-death a Sheik, AKA knocked to the side as she tried to escape and d-aired off stage, then self-destructed and I earned a JV3. Now I quickly remember how silly Lucario is.

Oh, and a question that always bugged with Lucario. Was he generally meant to be played defensively? I find myself as an aggresive player with him and other mains, but I see others just sitting back and zoning me. In the end, I guess it's about how well you can do under a certain play style, but it keeps bothering. Just needed to get it off my chest. :/ I was gonna include Luigi, but this is the wrong thread.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Am I the only one who thinks @Kami is going to be banned soon?

When the day comes the free Kami and the freedom to express whats on your mind will campaign rise =^~^=

Stop being so truthful to the people who can't handle what they are Kami

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Mannnnn I thought Brawl!Carios were just plain goofy and faffed around a lot, but I kinda miss those days. Everyone was so friendly (even if they were a bit overly murry purry). (I was almost obsessively trying to drive the meta forward and that hasn't changed, lol.)

Seems like we're at each other's throat more.

I've been pondering if anyone wants a training session on Lucario sometime. We could use IRC like the good ol' days.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura

Yooooooooo

Mannnnn I thought Brawl!Carios were just plain goofy and faffed around a lot, but I kinda miss those days. Everyone was so friendly (even if they were a bit overly murry purry). (I was almost obsessively trying to drive the meta forward and that hasn't changed, lol.)

I've been pondering if anyone wants a training session on Lucario sometime. We could use IRC like the good ol' days.
The irc's still around but none of the regulars actually use Lucario, and there's the skype group.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Welp, turns out my fears were right. Grounded, Lucario has only 4 Characters with slower fastest frame move options albeit he has 3 (Grab, Jab, and Utilt).

So essentially our Jab is useless, thoroughly. Grab is by all accounts our best option in CQC, with U-Tilt being the next best option.

Outside of that we need to space which Lucario can't do at all. B-Reversal mindgames are about the only thing I see letting Lucario even keep up with spacing against rushdown characters, and if you can't do that you are hooped.

Really overall quite upsetting and matches up with my experience in playing as him. Guess I'll slide him as a secondary once M2 comes out. Unfortunate, because none of the other characters really feel like they fit me.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What about when it doesn't whiff?

Play me again soon ******. <3

|RK|

Smash Marketer

There was a period like that back then, lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Times have changed. New blood in the Smash scene means more activity, but it also means more potential for trouble. And since Smash 4 was designed to be more accessible, you can expect more and more new faces to show up.

But most of the veteran players have mellowed out. Personally, I'm more amused when fighting breaks out. I can be serious but only when something truly deserves the effort.

I feel like an old fart now.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Man, landing BReversed Aura Sphere Charge to jump canceled Up Smash feels sooooo good.

A number of veteran Lucarios have switched mains, which makes me sad.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
So, should I use my :GCCN: for:
Smashes, for pivot-smashes and perfect pivot-smashes;
Specials, for easy wavebouncing-especially with side special;
Or Attacks, for pivot-tilts, perfect-pivot tilts, and retreating fairs and bairs?

Also...MTInfinity, we posted at (about) the same time :o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom