• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I can't recall me fsmashing anyone at 30 for kills. But I have TONS of uair kills at like 50-60
I killed Kami at 34% with a FSmash the other day. I think I did something like that to you the other day too.

Mind you both of you are significantly better than I am, but FSmash ledge reads are so dangerous.

Between FSmash, Aura Sphere and AS Charge we pretty much cover every ledge option.

FSmash has a hitbox on Lucario's body, so if we timed and spaced it to catch ledge rollers we might be able to cover ledge get up and attack at the same time.

Hmmm...

DegynSefer

Smash Rookie
NNID
DegynSefer
As random as this is, I just checked using the exact same set up and yes, he could have easily lived if he DI'd better, but not from holding up. Seriously, DI is not the same in this game. Compared to up or neutral, Diddy went less far when I held left or even DOWN (after he was hit so it's not crouch cancelling).
I know its not the same, the hole point to DI is to hold the opposite direction and either upward or downward depending on the corner your aiming for. im just he HE COULD HAVE lived.

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
KOing someone while I'm at a really high percent, while they're <80% is something that almost never happens to me. I suppose I am a failure of a Lucario. I have survived to high percents, and then KO'd opponents after getting them to a high percent too though.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Could be just me but pivot ftilt and fsmash seem to be quicker on startup. Also noticed if you even get a lick of charging frames it comes out significantly slower as he does some silly double wave of his hands.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Could be just me but pivot ftilt and fsmash seem to be quicker on startup. Also noticed if you even get a lick of charging frames it comes out significantly slower as he does some silly double wave of his hands.
I get that feeling of what you mean. Double wave movement on Lucario's hands when he does a charge is most noticeable when you do down smash. Flick the C-stick or smash input without charging, then do it again with a slight charge. If he's close to doing one rep, he'll do the double wave which makes the move come out slower, if not, he'll just do it normally.

Forre

Smash Rookie
NNID
Forrre
Do you know anybody that goes by the name Forre? I met him on For Glory and we Lucario ditto'd once (then I went DHD because I'm not a fan of the ditto). He seemed to know what he was doing and wavebounced around a whole lot.
Yeah, that's me. Few guys confirmed my existence already, but had to register here and confirm once more.

Your Lucario seemed to be superior while I was just wavebouncing around, following your Lucario how to make things done. I enjoyed the match because I always love to play against good players and especially loved to see another Lucario player. The funny thing is, I was just complaining to my friends that no one seems to play Lucario, and met you at the same time, playing with Lucario. :D

I left early due the lag which seems to be a case of "no can do" while playing against a Canadian player from Finland. I bet you suffered of it, too. I'm just a little afraid that I develop bad habits while playing with a little too noticeable lag. Great games anyway! If there comes another opportunity to play against you, I think I will want to play more!

And yeah, the matchup is for sure kinda weird, so I understand you. I ditto'd against Loota's Lucario a while ago and despite the fact I was on higher percents all the time, I couldn't win more than just a few of the casuals we played. So some sort of skill gap should still exist on Lucario dittos or I may just have a long way to go...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario dittos are inherently dumb.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Dittos of all sorts I rather detest, not because they are hard but because im notoriously bad at every ditto ive ever done lol. also hi everyone, been main searching for a while this game. Seems that its taken me a long time to settle on a main but thus far lucario's usefullness of b reversals and other aspects of his character are pulling me here so im settling on Lucario for at least the next few months unless anything changes.

Also hello Degyn its been a while. This is Lawrence from facebook, we added eachother as mutual friends of shiros eons ago lol

DegynSefer

Smash Rookie
NNID
DegynSefer
Dittos of all sorts I rather detest, not because they are hard but because im notoriously bad at every ditto ive ever done lol. also hi everyone, been main searching for a while this game. Seems that its taken me a long time to settle on a main but thus far lucario's usefullness of b reversals and other aspects of his character are pulling me here so im settling on Lucario for at least the next few months unless anything changes.

Also hello Degyn its been a while. This is Lawrence from facebook, we added eachother as mutual friends of shiros eons ago lol
Oh wow, how you been Radiance, indeed it has been ages and now that im back with a new game im finally back and hope to catch up again :D

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
nice dude, Im also sort of playing catch up. when brawl died i never was a melee player so i turned to speedrunning lol, but now that its back im excited to be in it again. Pikachu is still really strong but something about it makes me not want to main the same character again, really excited that lucarios playstyle is fun. Hope to see you around here more!

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Hello masters of the aura, a Ganon main here. Can someone give me good advice how to deal with Luke Skywalker? I got rekt by a very good one in FG. He was doing Uair strings like crazy, pressured me with his b and side-b and when I finally got him to kill percent, he killed me at like 90%:ohwell:.

While it is also my inexperience in that MU(and of that terrifying skill of my opponent) that contributed to my loss, I feel like Lucario is so hard to deal with Ganon and probably a hard matchup for him. Any advice?

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Not much advice to give you unfortunately due to Lucario's speed actually being in his favor. Lucario can juggle Ganondorf at any percent because he's so heavy. Due to Ganon's slow run speed, Lucario rarely has to commit and can throw out moves without worrying about getting punished. The best advice I can give for a Ganon main is to not die and let rage build up. If you do that, you could invalidate Aura due to the Triforce of Power kicking in. There is one thing Ganon can do and that's harass Lucario with up airs if you manage to get him in the air.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Not much advice to give you unfortunately due to Lucario's speed actually being in his favor.
That is sadly true for 100% of the cast against Ganon. My biggest but not only problem is side-bs insane range. Lucario can poke my shield all day long and stays unpunished for it.

Perhaps that is too much to ask for, but maybe anyone of you Luke mains are willing to vs me on the 3ds and tell me what I am doing wrong?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
That is sadly true for 100% of the cast against Ganon. My biggest but not only problem is side-bs insane range. Lucario can poke my shield all day long and stays unpunished for it.

Perhaps that is too much to ask for, but maybe anyone of you Luke mains are willing to vs me on the 3ds and tell me what I am doing wrong?
At high aura, Ganon and Lucario both really need to make reads to get their kills off. So it's a matter of outthinking the Lucario. Unlike, say, Sheik, you can kill us before Aura becomes a problem. You are a constant threat - use that. Punish anything - smashes, extreme speed, Force Palm, etc.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Hello masters of the aura, a Ganon main here. Can someone give me good advice how to deal with Luke Skywalker? I got rekt by a very good one in FG. He was doing Uair strings like crazy, pressured me with his b and side-b and when I finally got him to kill percent, he killed me at like 90%:ohwell:.

While it is also my inexperience in that MU(and of that terrifying skill of my opponent) that contributed to my loss, I feel like Lucario is so hard to deal with Ganon and probably a hard matchup for him. Any advice?
Ganon probably loses this MU but its not hopeless. Ganon is a monster when it comes to killing. You need to focus on killing early (without fishing) and try not to get caught in endlag or shielding too much when lucario's at high percent.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Gannondork is like my second favorite match up! He is the only character I can get away with spending lots of time in the air and making frequent use of back air.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm still trying to decide between Greninja or Lucario, 2 of my favorite Pokemon, and I am doing rather decent with both. Plus there's a project I'm working on that needs the answer to this choice. Damn my indecisiveness! >.<

AruaehtfoXela

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4094-9821-0336
Hey guys, I made this account years ago but never used it. I'm Arua, I'm from Iowa and use mostly Lucario in Smash 4 on 3ds (can't afford a wii u lol). ANyway I'm happy to be here and hope to learn alot.

(ᕙ ◕3◕ )づ

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
Hey guys, I made this account years ago but never used it. I'm Arua, I'm from Iowa and use mostly Lucario in Smash 4 on 3ds (can't afford a wii u lol). ANyway I'm happy to be here and hope to learn alot.

(ᕙ ◕3◕ )づ
Woah, someone else from Iowa? Don't see that very often.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario

(ᕙ ◕3◕ )づ
Wow I'm so happy to have you among us and I hope we can teach you the ways of the aura.

Also epik town location xD

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Wavebounced retreating Force Palm post 50% makes Ganon cry.

If Ganon gets shield pressured Lucario can be a bit more aggressive.

Failure to properly DI gives Lucario a UThrow to UAir string that results in death for Ganon around 100%.

Post 50%ish Lucario has AS charge shenanigans facing away at the ledge.

Lucario has combos as low %s too, so... As long as the Lucario minds his spacing and is patient Lucario probably wins 65:35 or 60:40.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't training mode not account for Freshness bonus (assuming that's still in this game). Basically it's like the opposite of staling, only for moves that aren't in the stale queue.
Would affect the accuracy of this chart if that's true.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Stale and Freshness Bonus is not counted in Training Mode

I'll use Ganon's FSmash as an example

In Training it does 24% no matter how many times you do it

In Vs. Mode it does 25% Fresh and the second time it does 22%

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Correct, staleness and Aura based on stocks is not accounted for in training. The percentages and combos listed are used as a general guide of what to expect and are never truly 100% guaranteed (but pretty much are for the most part).

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Rage isn't listed either, so the higher aura will kill exponentially faster.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, rage does change some combos. It'd be extremely tedious to test all combos, ones without rage/Aura/both.

Most people will go beyond standard combos and make them up on the fly. You just need to learn the basic combos so you can build on them as a foundation for future ones.

DegynSefer

Smash Rookie
NNID
DegynSefer
Twitch.tv/fortsmash

Just gonna leave this here if anyone is up for watching me and kami play in tomorrows monthly starts at noon central

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Watching some of Junebug's matches got me thinking about what we can do with BReversal Aura Sphere...

If someone has bad DI we can FAir to Double Jump to Aura Sphere. It feels like FAir is becoming one of the better options out of UThrow, so think about that.

I wonder if we can frametrap a BReversal Aura Sphere on a shield to grab.

To me at least one of Lucario's greatest struggles in Brawl and Smash 4 is dealing with people in shield, but hmmm with BReversal Aura Sphere the opponent has no choice, but to hold shield or get hit...

Steam

Smash Hero
I love it when people sit in shield against me in this game. Grabs are what lucario lives and dies off of. I hate it when people fall in love with their hitboxes and zone me for days as a result.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why do you have horrible Rengar stats as your avatar.
Why did we never play before my laptop crapped out, I cud've shown you my sick rengar plays when I enjoyed him more than Kha'zix 6 or so months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom