• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Honestly the best I came up with when fighting Sonic players is overall just toy with them as much as possible. Spending a lot of time in one spot and keep crouched as well as just hold up a charging aura sphere to force them into a certain direction and just play weird.

Full charging an up smash at far distances has earned me quite a few rage points so far.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
More of the fact they have like 5 or so different games and melee has to deal with 1.1k people I think and smash 4 in the 900's (864 last I saw)
I really don't know how they're gonna handle all that in 3 or 4 days.

2012 one I went too was a wreck with just 400 for brawl and around 350 for melee.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Im not surprised. Having a smashing event on a train is likely to cause a wreck.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Guys, I just figured out a couple quirks about the Sonic MU.

If you Double Team Sonic's Homing will not hit you, but he will go at about a 145 degree angle down, so... if he's angled to go offstage he might not be able to recover, lol. I just fought a Japanese Sonic and this totally just happened (he even had his second jump and was slightly above the stage).

Another thing about his Homing is we should be Up Smashing that stuff a lot more (I knew about this, but it seems safer than I thought if we don't play dumb). Even if we trade he will take a lot more damage. Jump cancel OOS USmash moar. I would practice seeing how fast you can USmash out of AS charge.

Sonic really can't do much to USmash if he's above us except for maybe spring?

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I did notice that upsmash has some safety to it but I never could get anything to happen by double teaming the homing attack. Better get into getting creative then!

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Hello Lucario players o:

So I've noticed.... that holy wow people are hating on Lucario REALLY HARD, even when there's monsters like Rosie / Diddy / etc in this game atm....

I'll admit, I was one of those players bummed to see Mewtwo replaced with a diff Poke' rep back when Brawl came out, but at the same time I find him and his nicely shaded blue absolutely adorbs and even have one I trained back in Gen4 that I still use to this day <3

I used him in Brawl when it came out ( though I quit that game due to tripping among other things wrong with it's online ) and actually liked his " chill / zen " playstyle alot for casually having fun. Now I played him in this new addition and still love those same aspects of him, but NOW I'm getting salty responses for using him even vs some extremely strong characters :/

I mean... ,
it just doesn't feel justified to me honestly as I've very little issue fighting another Lucario since I know how to handle it. I'm 100% sure that most of you have experienced this ( and some other characters too ) , but I've no Main in this game yet since my old Melee/Brawl :bowsermelee: had a HUGE overhaul > I just don't enjoy him anymore and having fun with the new roster is difficult for me currently.

Maybe this isn't the place for it, and I know I probably shouldn't listen and play whoever I feel like..., but how do you other Lucario users deal with the whining about him? :(

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hello Lucario players o:

So I've noticed.... that holy wow people are hating on Lucario REALLY HARD, even when there's monsters like Rosie / Diddy / etc in this game atm....

I'll admit, I was one of those players bummed to see Mewtwo replaced with a diff Poke' rep back when Brawl came out, but at the same time I find him and his nicely shaded blue absolutely adorbs and even have one I trained back in Gen4 that I still use to this day <3

I used him in Brawl when it came out ( though I quit that game due to tripping among other things wrong with it's online ) and actually liked his " chill / zen " playstyle alot for casually having fun. Now I played him in this new addition and still love those same aspects of him, but NOW I'm getting salty responses for using him even vs some extremely strong characters :/

I mean... ,
it just doesn't feel justified to me honestly as I've very little issue fighting another Lucario since I know how to handle it. I'm 100% sure that most of you have experienced this ( and some other characters too ) , but I've no Main in this game yet since my old Melee/Brawl :bowsermelee: had a HUGE overhaul > I just don't enjoy him anymore and having fun with the new roster is difficult for me currently.

Maybe this isn't the place for it, and I know I probably shouldn't listen and play whoever I feel like..., but how do you other Lucario users deal with the whining about him? :(
Although Lucario is not my main, I happen to main Ness, another character which people are whining about for being a character which a lot of people see on For Glory and is used by spammers and newbies, and I even heard one say he's 'braindead' only because of triple f-air combo. I just don't give a damn. That's how I deal with it.

Last edited:

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
I think - and take this as a subjective interpretation of observations made and nothing more than that - most of the salt against Lucy comes from a simple fact: his relation to the "tier list" champions. From what little I've heard about those lists, Sheik in specific seems to be at the very top (forgive me if this is outdated, I don't give much of a damn about tiers and don't really look into them). And what are Sheiks major attributes? Can rack up tons of damage, has problems finishing people. What is Lucarios main strength? Staying at high percentages without getting KO'd. Naturally Sheik/Lucario seems to be a MU in Lucys favor, and when someone beats a Sheik with Lucario on a somewhat famous level of play (read: tournament), all the narrow-minded "copy-paste" people on the internet conclude that if

Sheik = tier list champion

and

Lucario > Sheik

then

Lucario = OP

and shout out in a cacophony of agony and rage.

What do those "copy-paste" people how I like to call them, probably better known as "sheep" do when they see tier lists? They stick to the top contestants, because clearly that should give them a definitive edge over "low tier" fighters. If they then lose to a "low tier" fighter, their brain goes "Wait, that shouldn't happen, he is only C-tier!". What they don't realize is that tier lists as such only really apply to top level play, and to a minor degree in high level play when both players fighting are of the exact or very similar skill level. That even top tier fighters can have bad MUs doesn't even cross their mind, though after Brawl-MK you can hardly blame them as that game is exemplary for a character having no bad MUs whatsoever - again don't quote me on that, it's just what people told me. This is not the case in Sm4sh which in turn means that Sm4sh is apparently better balanced than Brawl, or just has a wider range of rock/paper/scissors like MUs.

I personally think that a bit of rock/paper/scissors going on is perfectly reasonable and fine with a roster this huge. Lucario simply works well against what is considered to be some of the strongest characters and thus naturally receives hate from the average Sheik/Diddy/etc. players, who are the majority due to the "copy-paste" mentality issue. This will never change unless people realize/admit that they're "only average", begin to understand how tier lists work and that they shouldn't dictate your choice of character outside of extreme exceptions, such as a character only having terrible MUs.

So in conclusion, my theory on the matter is that Lucario gets more hate because he is a soft counter to a range of popular characters.

Edit: to illustrate and give a bit of a tl;dr, look at this list.
If you now click on Sheik's name, you see that she apparently has 46 match ups in her favor, and only one being even (guess I was wrong about this game being better balanced than brawl?). The same holds true for Rosy and Diddy, while those MUs are sorted under "favorable", it's still only a 5.2 and thus not overly meaningful (and proof that tier lists are flawed imo).
Result: tons of people play Sheik/Diddy/Rosy because it's an obvious choice if you want to win as you mostly get favorable match ups, Lucario is the only one/one of the few in the roster who makes for an even fight and that throws people with low understanding off.

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I appreciate your replies.

I didn't know about a Lucario beating a Shiek in a tournament and unfortunately for not just Lucario ( and not even SSB4 ) ignorance of how MU Charts work will always be a thing and I can completely see how people would rage, but part of me hates the fact that I know it's only due to Character A having a 6-4 - 8-2 over a " Top Tier " while having other mostly even / bad MUs across a roster. I was in a previous FGC where I managed to bring up a character's Tier due to tournament data/testing and am all too familiar with the treatment to the character afterwards. It's one of the worst feelings ever.

I guess I'd just have to hope the scene matures,
though I've seen some communities only stay narrow minded or get even worse :s

Last edited:

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
As it turns out, there has actually been such a case in a tournament.
It's an incredibly technical match and insanely fun to watch too. On the matter of the general hate on the aura mechanic, I absolutely and honestly don't get it. The comment section is filled to the brim with hatred at how a Lucario at 200% damage can KO someone with a Fsmash when they're at 60%...for some reason this isn't a problem when Bowser, Ganondorf, Ike, Jiggs, Mac, Dedede, DK do it without putting themself into danger of being killed by a throw/tilt. Under the right circumstances and with a bit of charge, almost everyone can smash KO at 60% if the opponent isn't heavy and the angle/distance is right if I'm not super mistaken, and most of their smashes aren't as slow as Lucys Fsmash. Also according to the general consensus, surviving up to 150% and higher on a somewhat light character equals getting outplayed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just bad players being salty, nothing new. Blame the person letting Lucario live to high percents. No one ever complains when Lucario can't kill someone who is at 140+% without taking at least 60+%. Or when 7+ hit combo at low percent does only 20%.

Funny how that works out.

Last edited:

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
Cry and wish I mained someone everyone would love me for.

No but seriously, just laugh it off. What's the worst thing that can happen, you get ZeRo telling you that he has no respect for you?

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
I honestly don't see the point in attacking someone's character choice. Like, let's be honest here, it's a game. Albeit a slightly unbalanced one, but people should a least be able to play with a character that they like/are good with without getting **** on by salty people.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Why pelt Lucario with lasers or Needles when he's already at 150%? That's kinda asking to die in a couple hits.

Whenever I see a Fox do that in For Glory and I'm on the other side of the stage, I pretty much just taunt.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Edit: to illustrate and give a bit of a tl;dr, look at this list.
If you now click on Sheik's name, you see that she apparently has 46 match ups in her favor, and only one being even (guess I was wrong about this game being better balanced than brawl?). The same holds true for Rosy and Diddy, while those MUs are sorted under "favorable", it's still only a 5.2 and thus not overly meaningful (and proof that tier lists are flawed imo).
Result: tons of people play Sheik/Diddy/Rosy because it's an obvious choice if you want to win as you mostly get favorable match ups, Lucario is the only one/one of the few in the roster who makes for an even fight and that throws people with low understanding off.
Sheik might not have unfavourable matchups like Brawl MK (yet), but at
least she can't just completely walk all over some of the low tiers
(wasn't Brawl Meta Knight vs. Brawl Ganon super-duper bad?).

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Sheik might not have unfavourable matchups like Brawl MK (yet), but at
least she can't just completely walk all over some of the low tiers
(wasn't Brawl Meta Knight vs. Brawl Ganon super-duper bad?).
She can walk over some low tiers because her neutral game is arguably the best. Though sheik has to search for kills, she doesn't allow some characters to even fight back if the sheik plays precise and correct.

If anything lucario is her worst mu, he gets the **** beat out of him in the beginning and there is nothing you can do about it but past 100% her moves knock you too far to follow up on so you have space to threaten her with high aura and fight back finally.

and did you really just ask that brawl question

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What do you guys think about DThrow to Aura Sphere at low %?

If BThrow can stage spike in certain situations... I wonder if DThrow can do anything like that...

Also, if Sonic pursues you to the top of the stage with UAir out of Spring... Couldn't we just Double Team that and due to DT stalling a bit wouldn't it be safer than anything else we could do in that situation?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
iirc Brawl MK vs Brawl Ganon wasn't actually Ganon's worst MU (-3). Ice Climbers and, funny enough, Sheik were.
OK, well you know what I mean about this game's balance. There's just no unwinnables found yet.

One of the best pieces of advice for anyone fighting Sheik that I can think of is to never lose your
cool, no matter how badly she outmaneuvers you. Getting frustrated by her repeated hits will drastically
increase the chances of being hit by her smashes or Vanish, or being gimped (don't jump when getting Faired,
guys!).

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Just bad players being salty, nothing new. Blame the person letting Lucario live to high percents. No one ever complains when Lucario can't kill someone who is at 140+% without taking at least 60+%. Or when 7+ hit combo at low percent does only 20%.

Funny how that works out.
I approve of your avatar picture.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Goomy is too good. They recently announced 1:1 Goomy plush, so I know what must be done...

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
OK, well you know what I mean about this game's balance. There's just no unwinnables found yet.

One of the best pieces of advice for anyone fighting Sheik that I can think of is to never lose your
cool, no matter how badly she outmaneuvers you. Getting frustrated by her repeated hits will drastically
increase the chances of being hit by her smashes or Vanish, or being gimped (don't jump when getting Faired,
guys!).
How are we getting gimped?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Hello Lucario players o:

I mean... ,

My response is just "Have you played Lucario?" "And if he is so unfair why is he not an issue like diddy?"

Its easier to complain then actually play him, until you play as him you'd understand.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
How are we getting gimped?
Well, you guys don't :D. I was just speaking from personal experience against
Sheiks on For Glory (grain of salt here), where as long as I didn't freak out when getting
hit by Fairs, Sheik couldn't kill me with the moves that make her so threatening in neutral
outside of Bouncing Fish.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Well, you guys don't :D. I was just speaking from personal experience against
Sheiks on For Glory (grain of salt here), where as long as I didn't freak out when getting
hit by Fairs, Sheik couldn't kill me with the moves that make her so threatening in neutral
outside of Bouncing Fish.
A fun thing to do vs. Sheiks (or ZSS) is to have a Aura Sphere charged up and SH fire it (aim it at her head) around kill %. If Sheik uses Bouncing Fish she'll jump into it. Just be careful with spacing it.

Some Sheiks will try to Bouncing Fish right over Aura Sphere if done in neutral.

I've been analyzing the Link matchup recently and it is very silly. He can swat us away rather easily on the ground.

A partially charged Aura Sphere can hit under his Hylian Shield, unless he ducks.

Above 70-80% it seems risky to approach him, but if you are aware of the 9% priority rule you know what to do with Aura Sphere.

How many of you guys pay attention to Shield DI for punishes?

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I was trying to determine the formula that the game uses for Lucario's aura mechanic. This seems to be the formula that the game uses, excluding the stock modifier:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I was trying to determine the formula that the game uses for Lucario's aura mechanic. This seems to be the formula that the game uses, excluding the stock modifier:

I apologize if this a silly question, but what does r stand for? I've been staring at these equations for a few min and I can't seem to figure out what r is.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I apologize if this a silly question, but what does r stand for? I've been staring at these equations for a few min and I can't seem to figure out what r is.
r is the multiplier that is applied to Lucario's attacks depending on the amount of damage that Lucario has taken.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
r is the multiplier that is applied to Lucario's attacks depending on the amount of damage that Lucario has taken.
Knock back or damage?

Damage varies for different moves. For instance sourspot UTilt does 3% at 0 and 10% at 190% iirc. Fully charged Aura Sphere does 11% at 0 and 29% at 190%. I made a same stock Aura chart, it is in a sticky.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Knock back or damage?

Damage varies for different moves. For instance sourspot UTilt does 3% at 0 and 10% at 190% iirc. Fully charged Aura Sphere does 11% at 0 and 29% at 190%. I made a same stock Aura chart, it is in a sticky.
It is applied to the base damage of Lucario's attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom