• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I am officially a fan of off and below stage Fairs, hit someone with the high points of the kick and make them hit the stage and good god that downward velocity. Like 3x the speed they were flying from the Fair or something.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
It is applied to the base damage of Lucario's attacks.
It still isn't making much sense to me. Would you mind making a few examples? I thought you could never divide by zero.

Like I said each move increases by a different amount.

Here's one formula I memorized. It is for uncharged FSmash sweetspot between 0 and 70.

Damage = 11 4/12 + d/12.

You do one additional damage every 12% until 70%.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
It still isn't making much sense to me. Would you mind making a few examples? I thought you could never divide by zero.

Like I said each move increases by a different amount.

Here's one formula I memorized. It is for uncharged FSmash sweetspot between 0 and 70.

Damage = 11 4/12 + d/12.

You do one additional damage every 12% until 70%.
Here are a few examples:

Lucario's back throw has a base damage value of 10% and Lucario's down smash has a base damage value of 14%.

If Lucario had taken 35% damage, then according to the formula, Lucario would deal 0.83x the base damage of his attacks. This means that Lucario's back throw would deal 8.3% damage and Lucario's down smash would deal 11.62% damage.

If Lucario had taken 100% damage, then according to the formula, Lucario would deal 1.175x the base damage of his attacks. This means that Lucario's back throw would deal 11.75% damage and Lucario's down smash would deal 16.45% damage.

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
I won my first ever tournament today! Granted, it was a local thing at my college and there weren't many serious players there, but I was pretty satisfied since I'm still a ways away from tournament viable myself. Chalk up another victory for the Lucarios out there! :D

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Here are a few examples:

Lucario's back throw has a base damage value of 10% and Lucario's down smash has a base damage value of 14%.

If Lucario had taken 35% damage, then according to the formula, Lucario would deal 0.83x the base damage of his attacks. This means that Lucario's back throw would deal 8.3% damage and Lucario's down smash would deal 11.62% damage.

If Lucario had taken 100% damage, then according to the formula, Lucario would deal 1.175x the base damage of his attacks. This means that Lucario's back throw would deal 11.75% damage and Lucario's down smash would deal 16.45% damage.
Referring to this https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1no8lainkxo2z9/Smash 4 Lucario chart.xlsx?dl= (only has rounded down integers as the starting point)
Lucario's Down Smash increases in damage every 14.5% he takes ((70-58)/4) up to 70%), so with that in mind it takes 12% before he does 10% with down smash, so...

12/14.5 is .827586. 10%-.827586% is 9.172414%, which is Lucario's damage at 0% for Down Smash. Assuming Lucario took 35%... (35/14.5)% + 9.172414% = 11.58621% would be the damage output. Close though.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The reason why Lucario needs to take different amounts of damage for attacks with different damage values to deal 1% more damage is that the attacks with higher base damage values change more whenever the aura multiplier changes.

It is simpler to use the aura multiplier formula to find the amount that the base damage values are multiplied by since only one formula and the base damage values for the attacks need to be memorized.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
The reason why Lucario needs to take different amounts of damage for attacks with different damage values to deal 1% more damage is that the attacks with higher base damage values change more whenever the aura multiplier changes.

It is simpler to use the aura multiplier formula to find the amount that the base damage values are multiplied by since only one formula and the base damage values for the attacks need to be memorized.
If I am reading your post correctly. Well, I have some issues with that..
  • Not every move multiplies by the same amount.
  • Not every move at 70% will do a solid integer.
  • How are you going to calculate that in a match? I think it is easier to remember that a fully charged Aura Sphere at 44% beats ZSS fully charged paralyzer.

cwertle

Smash Rookie
NNID
cwertle
Hi everyone, I just picked up Lucario yesterday, and HE IS AWESOME

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
If I am reading your post correctly. Well, I have some issues with that..
  • Not every move multiplies by the same amount.
  • Not every move at 70% will do a solid integer.
  • How are you going to calculate that in a match? I think it is easier to remember that a fully charged Aura Sphere at 44% beats ZSS fully charged paralyzer.
I'm sure that the aura multiplier is applied to each of Lucario's moves the same way. The only attacks that don't deal damage that is an integer while Lucario has 70% damage are the first hit of his standard attack, a fully-charged Aura Sphere, and the projectile portion of Force Palm.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Okay! So extreme speed has become my all time favorite way to kill someone! Killing sheik from the center of the stage? Check! Killing sonic from near center of the stage? Check! Fun times? Triple check!

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Some people actually think 2 stock is better than 3 stock for lucario. 3 stocks = 3 chances to stay at high aura and end the opponent early. It is seriously that easily explained.

Pls post your opinion on which you think is better and why

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I do not mind either 2 or 3 stocks but I have had far more fun and better matches with 3.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
3 stocks
Cause it gives players more time to adapt and not getting wins stolen by a gimp SD or the fact in 2 stocks anyone who loses the first stock has a 99% chance to lose the match since whoever has 2 stocks still will most likely camp and try to put chip damage on you.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I do not mind either 2 or 3 stocks but I have had far more fun and better matches with 3.
I can see why you think that but its not what I mean. I'm talking about which stock choice helps lucario more in the competitive side

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I can see why you think that but its not what I mean. I'm talking about which stock choice helps lucario more in the competitive side
Well, yeah. Its kinda why I said better matches but I should be more in depth, 3 stocks allows me to explore my options more smoothly since there is more substance to the fight.

With 3 stocks I was able to make a comeback from being 2 stocks down to a win several times since I was able to poke and jab at my opponent more and really take in the fight without having to go ultra defensive very early and get to experiment with what my opponent can do and catch on to their habits which I would miss out on with getting defensive early in a fight.

2 stocks while being able to register what is going on, I have lost quite a bit in them due to having to cut strategy time short and swap from thinking "what can I poke at him with?" to thinking "How can I get I get it even again since I can't observe as much anymore?"

2 stocks more often then not has put me in the "screw it lets go with this and see what works" mindset that leads to misreading or a missed follow up.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Well, yeah. Its kinda why I said better matches but I should be more in depth, 3 stocks allows me to explore my options more smoothly since there is more substance to the fight.

With 3 stocks I was able to make a comeback from being 2 stocks down to a win several times since I was able to poke and jab at my opponent more and really take in the fight without having to go ultra defensive very early and get to experiment with what my opponent can do and catch on to their habits which I would miss out on with getting defensive early in a fight.

2 stocks while being able to register what is going on, I have lost quite a bit in them due to having to cut strategy time short and swap from thinking "what can I poke at him with?" to thinking "How can I get I get it even again since I can't observe as much anymore?"

2 stocks more often then not has put me in the "screw it lets go with this and see what works" mindset that leads to misreading or a missed follow up.
yeah basically what you and slush said. more time to adapt to the fight, learn more about the opponents habits, and punish appropriately with high aura that you can hopefully get on all 3 stocks if necessary

Croi

Smash Lord
It's not just that 3 stock benefits Lucario, it benefits every character (it benefits Lucario more though). The only character that could possibly favour 2 stock is maybe Jigglypuff because getting a rest on her second kill (in a 3 stock) would be hugely risky.

Going with 2 stock was kind of a knee-jerk reaction because the only people it favours are the M E L E E B O Y Z on Twitch that don't want to sit through another Diddy ditto and hurry to watching the same five or six guys win the same tournaments. 8 minute timeouts were less uncommon in Brawl than in Melee and Smash 4 trends more towards Brawl than Melee so history is bound to repeat itself if we don't do something to stop it!!!

"But For Glory uses 2 stock!" Sure, but For Glory isn't a good representation of... anything. Make only Omega stages legal if that's your argument. Ban the Mii Fighters too while we're at it.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Can't believe I got into an argument with 2 "Lucario" mains saying that 2 stock was actually better for him
am baffled

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Its possible that someone would think 2 stocks helps lucario because there are less stocks to muscle through once you have high aura. Thats about the only thing I could think of that someone would think is good.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Their argument was basically what rysir said

you guys need to join the skype group and see for yourself or just hang out

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If I am going to travel to a tournament and pay for an entry fee I will want to feel like I get my money's worth.

I would've likely gone to a tournament recently, but decided against it because it was 2 stocks instead of 3.

Three stocks or bust.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
How do 3 stocks inherently benefit a character in comparison to 2 stocks besides giving you an extra chance to win?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Once you take a stock and play super defensively... You have the chance to possibly kill someone at 30 and/or more chances to make a super amazing Aura comeback.

DegynSefer

Smash Rookie
NNID
DegynSefer
well i dont have anyone's skype :p so no good for me lol

I feel like once you draw the first blood your still in advantage to kill of their second one pretty quickly but with 2 stocks it feels like either you have a lead or you play super defensive

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
How did the stock multiplier work for Lucario in Brawl? Since the way the aura mechanic works in Smash 4 is similar to how it worked in Brawl, it's likely that the stock multiplier part is somewhat similar as well.

Last edited:

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
I'm not sure why people would think 2 stocks is good. If you get KO'd first, the match is probably over right there since Lucario at 0% is pretty not good. So you kinda have to be somewhat high damage to easily kill, and by the time they come back you have to go through a whole fresh stock while you're way closer to KO range.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
How do 3 stocks inherently benefit a character in comparison to 2 stocks besides giving you an extra chance to win?
Lucario can potentially get absolute max Aura when he is down two stocks. It makes him a true comeback king and lets him utilize his gimmick to max potential. Just look how dumb Lucario can be in dubs.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
More stocks for Lucario always benefits him.
yeah, its common sense

thats why I was so amazed I had some people arguing against it with me WHILE ALEX AND RT JUST WATCHED IT HAPPEN WITH NO INPUT

I told the people arguing to consider switching mains, I hope they took me up on it

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just wanted to watch the world burn while you tried to save it. I assume Alex was being lazy.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Lucario can potentially get absolute max Aura when he is down two stocks. It makes him a true comeback king and lets him utilize his gimmick to max potential. Just look how dumb Lucario can be in dubs.
Hmm, I have been trying to see how the amount of stocks Lucario has affects his damage output. From what I can see, there doesn't seem to be a difference between being one stock behind and being two stocks behind in a battle.

I'm also wondering if the stock multiplier is separate from the damage multiplier.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If it works the same as Brawl, there is a difference, it just might affect knockback more than damage. This is an assumption, real testing should be done if not already done. This is most easily noticed in dubs.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will never do 8 player Lucario dittos.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I would totally participate in an 8 player Lucario match! Force palm grab chain train!

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I've been trying to figure out the possible values for the stock multiplier. These seem to be the values:

• If Lucario has less stocks compared to his opponent, he deals 1.059x the damage of his attacks.
  • If Lucario has the same amount of stocks as the opponent, he deals 1x the damage of his attacks.
  • If Lucario has one more stock than the opponent, he deals 0.942x the damage of his attacks.
  • If Lucario has at least two more stocks compared to the opponent, he deals 0.89x the damage of his attacks.
These values are close to what the exact values of the stock multiplier might be, at least in 1v1 battles.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm still not exactly sure how the stock multiplier works. I haven't been able to find out what the exact formula used in Brawl is despite trying to search for it.

Last edited:

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Just placed 3rd in an EU Tournament with a small prize. I'll post links to the videos in the YouTube thread once they're uploaded.
Another thing. I just got my Lucario amiibo today!
Hey! I played you in FG and added you to my friends list awhile back didn't I? NNID: Howler_leech

And good stuff man, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom