• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah youre rigth. looking back at the tournaments george should probably be higher than slam...

are we considering every tournament from this asl season

1. reflex
2. elev8
3. billy
4/5 ragnarock/spade
6. saint
7. cam
8./9 ryker/george
9/10. cheap/slam

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yeah, we need to consider every tournament this season because our last update was August. We should probably just update from now on after every ASL season.

The top 5 I could get behind. I have no idea about the bottom 5 (that always has been the hardest part to determine consider it fluctuates so much).

EDIT: I've done my best to compile notable wins/losses for the bottom 5 competitors that T1J listed. Please note that these don't include all wins/losses, just ones that I found to be notable. If someone lost to Reflex, for instance, that doesn't say a lot. It also doesn't say a lot if they beat someone far below their own skill level.

Anyway, here's what I've compiled from the season. I listed them in order from least recent to most recent.

Slam
Beat Ingulit at AUSOM
Beat Cam at AUSOM
Lost to AML at AUSOM
Lost to Ryker at Resist
Lost to Pops at Resist
Lost to Cam at Resist

George
Beat Cam at AUSOM
Lost to AML at AUSOM
Beat iPuff at AUSOM
Beat Cam at Iron Brawl
Lost to Spade at Iron Brawl
Beat Cheap at Iron Brawl
Beat T1J at Iron Brawl
Lost to BrownScourge at HASL
Lost to Dyno at HASL
Beat Pops at HASL

Ryker
Beat Cheap at AUSOM
Lost to Kola at AUSOM
Lost to Dyno at Iron Brawl
Beat iPuff at Iron Brawl
Beat Slam at Resist
Lost to Pops at Resist (Pools)
Beat Pops at Resist (Brackets)
Beat AML at SSS
Beat T1J at SSS
Lost to Cam at SSS
Lost to Spade at HASL
Beat Twinster at HASL
Beat Pops at HASL
Beat BrownScourge at HASL

Cheap
Lost to Ryker at AUSOM
Lost to Cam at Iron Brawl
Lost to George at Iron Brawl
Lost to Scatz at SSS
Lost to Cam at SSS ELO Match
Lost to Cam at HASL

Cam
Lost to George at AUSOM
Lost to Slam at AUSOM
Beat AML at AUSOM
Beat Cheap at Iron Brawl
Lost to George at Iron Brawl
Lost to JMIX at Iron Brawl
Beat ShaSlam at Resist
Lost to Spade at Resist
Beat Ryker at SSS
Beat Kola ELO Match at SSS
Beat Cheap ELO Match at SSS
Beat JMIX at HASL
Beat Cheap at HASL
Beat T1J at HASL
Beat AML at HASL
Lost to Spade at HASL

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The PR and the ELO rankings serve two different purposes.

Also, I have my personal rough draft of a list.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't follow
A couple of lucky breaks in tournament could boost a player's ranking a great deal, and a couple of bad breaks in tournament could reduce a player's ranking a great deal. Over time, it will stabilize, ideally, but, this subjective list allows us to take into account who people beat more than their placing.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
A couple of lucky breaks in tournament could boost a player's ranking a great deal, and a couple of bad breaks in tournament could reduce a player's ranking a great deal. Over time, it will stabilize, ideally, but, this subjective list allows us to take into account who people beat more than their placing.
I guess the series is short enough that sampling size can be considered an issue.

Still, I think elo should used as a major data point.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
IMO, T1J has it right.

Except with this minor change
4. Rag
5/6. Saint/Spade

Spade has shown significant improvement in every aspect of his game, or so I think. There was a HUGE difference between HASL and Resist. He and I played a LOT of friendlies at Resist, and were extremely even through most of them, with a few outliers to either player.

Rag is better than us both, I believe. But have they even played each other?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
They have played 3 times this season. Rag won 2/3 times.

EDIT: Saint, how many tournaments have you entered this season?

EDIT 2: Not your fault, but it looks like you have only entered one. At that tournament, you notably beat Cheap, AML, and Nice1. Assuming inactivity wouldn't knock you off the list, I don't think that justifies 5th place to be honest. You lost to Micaelis, Player-1, and Elev8. All are easily understandable losses, but I don't think there is enough data over the last 5 months to justify keeping you at 5th. If you just compare your wins to mine for instance, I've beaten Cheap 3 times and AML 2 times this season. Ryker has beaten them both as well as many other people. Spade has still done considerably better than both Ryker and me at the last 5 tournaments, so I don't see how you could be above him.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
They have played 3 times this season. Rag won 2/3 times.

EDIT: Saint, how many tournaments have you entered this season?

EDIT 2: Not your fault, but it looks like you have only entered one. At that tournament, you notably beat Cheap, AML, and Nice1. Assuming inactivity wouldn't knock you off the list, I don't think that justifies 5th place to be honest. You lost to Micaelis, Player-1, and Elev8. All are easily understandable losses, but I don't think there is enough data over the last 5 months to justify keeping you at 5th. If you just compare your wins to mine for instance, I've beaten Cheap 3 times and AML 2 times this season. Ryker has beaten them both as well as many other people. Spade has still done considerably better than both Ryker and me at the last 5 tournaments, so I don't see how you could be above him.
Alrighty. Thanks for clarifying that.

If we're going strictly on season one, HASL isn't included, and you're right: I've only been to one tournament. There isn't enough data. Do with me what you will, haha. x)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, one tournament isn't enough. We won't have enough data to suggest consistency or even that you're a constant threat to the players at AL tournaments (since you don't go to enough of them, I mean), so, I'm pretty sure you're just gonna be left off this time.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Yeah, one tournament isn't enough. We won't have enough data to suggest consistency or even that you're a constant threat to the players at AL tournaments (since you don't go to enough of them, I mean), so, I'm pretty sure you're just gonna be left off this time.
Okay. x)
I really wish I didn't have a weekend-intensive job. I'd be able to call out more often.
C'est la vie.

Anyways, I'll try to go to at least three of the ones this season.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wish i couldve gone to more.
i never played cheap but does cheap even enter brawl anymore? im pretty sure i outplaced him at least onnnccce. im not saying he is a bad player but he always places last in tournaments or below me im pretty sure. im pretty sure this is just because he doesnt try that hard/ wants to play melee more/ is more in it for the fun but yeah. i think i should be a solid 9 or 10 imho.

also lol@ ddd season. **** new mains at least i switched and still stayed on the list though.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
The question is... how did saint do @ that 1 tourney? N u guys shud start posting the records between players rather than(beat this person or lost to this person) bcuz it makes it easier to read and compile data. I can make a chart of what I've seen so far if u need help.

:phone:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also i am 1-1 with cam.
how does that put him 4 spots above me?
anyways here my list for what its worth

reflex
kismet
p-1
micaelis
4god
MC PE
dyno
rag
spade/ryker
slam/cam/AML

since you guys like OoS so much.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
i wish i couldve gone to more.
i never played cheap but does cheap even enter brawl anymore? im pretty sure i outplaced him at least onnnccce. im not saying he is a bad player but he always places last in tournaments or below me im pretty sure. im pretty sure this is just because he doesnt try that hard/ wants to play melee more/ is more in it for the fun but yeah. i think i should be a solid 9 or 10 imho.

also lol@ ddd season. **** new mains at least i switched and still stayed on the list though.
Heh, I'm trying to have fun (and usually do at first!), but I end up becoming really competitive (even though i try not to take it seriously) and getting mad (even though I dont practice enough to be good) anyways.

But Slam's right, honestly IDK why im even considered a notable beat in brawl anymore. Who have I beat that's any good in the entire season?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
also i am 1-1 with cam.
how does that put him 4 spots above me?
It's not just because of our 1-1 record this season.

I've been to more tournaments, meaning that I've played and beaten a lot more people than you have since August. I've beaten Ryker, AML twice, T1J, Cheap three times, Kola, gone 1-1 with JMIX, and gone 1-1 with you. Notably, I've lost to Spade twice, you once, JMIX once, and George twice.

This season, you have beaten me once and Ingulit. You have lost to Ryker, me, AML, and Pops.

There's just a lot more data to back up my placing.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you didnt put in any of my pool matches against random people.
and i beat jmix once in tourney.
it towards the start of the season.

so no one actually considered my list? ESAM is ranked in like 4 states.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, that's why I preceded it with the word "notably." It doesn't say much if you beat a new, inexperienced player. We all do that every time we get out of pools.

I don't see your match vs JMIX. Can you point it out to me? As far as I can tell, you weren't in the same pools at AUSOM IV, and JMIX wasn't at Resist IV.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I liked the use of commas to separate multiple adjectives modifying a single word.

I like good grammar.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
We really should update this soon. I suggest we vote on a panel of 5 people and take the average of their lists. We probably should have done it before we started throwing out lists, but we can't really change that now.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
People who have made it to as many tournaments as possible in the new PR's time frame, obviously. No need for a vote.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol i like reflex's idea.

and i like that pops enjoys good grammar on the internet. thats... cool?

and i beat jmix in tounrey at the iron brawl. maybe it was 1 though, which wasnt in this season, so maybe im thinking too far back :/
i couldve sworn it was iron brawl two though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You can find the brackets and pools listings on the ASL website under the tournaments page.

We've essentially got it figured out. I just need to catch John and Luis and figure out that tenth spot.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I went to everything except hasl1, ausom, and resist

i'd be glad to contribute after looking over the results if you'd like

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure this PR doesn't include hasl1 anyway. And HASL 1 was MK legal which is a big change, so this update shouldn't account for it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so when are you guys gonna update?

and i suggest a Teen Mom theme
its on MTV
or The CHallenge theme on MTV
ooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr an americas best dance crew but no one would want any of these i dojnt hthink

i really want the teen mom theme

or maybe we can do wwe theme lol

*Cam*

Smash Lord
so when are you guys gonna update?

and i suggest a Teen Mom theme
its on MTV
or The CHallenge theme on MTV
ooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr an americas best dance crew but no one would want any of these i dojnt hthink

i really want the teen mom theme

or maybe we can do wwe theme lol
I wish I knew. Ryker has been really elusive the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom