• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've got the request for Pokemon Theme so I'll be working on that for a bit.

For the time being, look at what we got

The Alabama PR panelists were chosen after a discussion and vote among our new but not yet finished panel.
Current Panel:
Kola
Reflex
Elev8
Billy

The List
Moved Up
Moved Down
Stayed the Same
Not on last list

THE ALABAMA BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

1.) Reflex
2.) Elev8
3.) Bill_
4.) Ragnarok
5.) Spade
6.) Cam
7.) Ryker
8.) George
9.) iPuff
10.) JMIX

This Update was done on the 11th of February, 2012.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Current Projects!
  • Helping The Scene
  • Organizing Smashfests
  • Updated Player List
  • Alabama Character Critiques
  • OOS Tournament Plans?
As of July 2011 Pensacola players may be considered for AL Pr updates.

Tournaments
Refer to ASL thread

Next Update: August

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Lol, right when this list is made Billy moved back to GA. So Billy is going to be on 2 lists most likely, what a beast.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
danGR posted and said he didnt want to be on it.
and you guys said to give his spot to me if he didnt want to be on it.

ehhh.

whatever.
i guess he'll say something again if he REALLY doesnt want it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Pre 10 Cancelled Dan will be taken off the list
Does current panel agree?

Btw, anyone else wanting to become the final panelist please say so now.

If you believe someone shouldn't be on the panel, say so now.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm okay with this.

About ****ing time, though.

Expect to see me on this when I get a license.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lol, right when this list is made Billy moved back to GA. So Billy is going to be on 2 lists most likely, what a beast.
<.<;; So he's not treating us to Emerald China anymore?

And guys xD we need to have Winnar as an Honorary Member again

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It's going to be serious business if I start going to tournaments again this summer. You might ask "how serious business can Cam be? He's not even on the Power Rankings!" I am SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS MOTHER ****ER!

I challenge everyone on this list to GRANDE SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS FRIENDLIES next tournament I'm at (if I am at another over the summer). Don't make the mistake of thinking a number next to your name will save you from my yellow goggled rat of justice. He's super effective against all types.

EDIT: It's not that I don't like Phoenix Wright, but I have no idea who these players use based on this list. Also, it's just "Cheap," not "Cheap Peach."

stealth3654

Smash Lord
It's going to be serious business if I start going to tournaments again this summer. You might ask "how serious business can Cam be? He's not even on the Power Rankings!" I am SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS MOTHER ****ER!

I challenge everyone on this list to GRANDE SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS FRIENDLIES next tournament I'm at (if I am at another over the summer). Don't make the mistake of thinking a number next to your name will save you from my yellow goggled rat of justice. He's super effective against all types.

EDIT: It's not that I don't like Phoenix Wright, but I have no idea who these players use based on this list. Also, it's just "Cheap," not "Cheap Peach."
Glad to see you planning on going to more tourneys :). You should look up "guilty love klavier" on youtube... Actually, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwJfVn9Nq4. This song is too good.

Billy, you better still be able to come to MSSII <_<
I'm going to try to. I'm trying to bring people with me to make the car ride less boring and to split gas prices.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I was really happy with how the characters tended to fit the mold for each particular person.

Like the two Klaviers and the Bill_/Will_ dynamic.

And the fact that Reflex is the badguy and it's up to Elev8 to defeat him.

And because I'm Edgeworth.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Didn't the other list say, Will #3 then Billy #3?

Next, Kola, you said you wanted to try and implement a point system similar to GA. Can you explain what you meant?

I also vote to edit it to say Bill_.

As for the final panelist, someone who knows the people down here well would be nice, but none of us would be particularly good candidates because we don't play the north enough. I've played Munkus twice, Will once in a random char tourney, and Cheap only in friendlies and once in doubles. I'm probably the most traveled of the guys down here (not counting Alias and M3T who are going back to Auburn for school after this summer). So I'd probably vote for maybe Billy? We're going to try and make it to more stuff in Montgomery, AU, and Tuscaloosa (War Eagle : P ), so hopefully that will help.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Will and Bill are both #3, I don't know why the list says otherwise.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
o.o;; PR does tie?

And well we're just trying to get any system, to make the list a little bit more unbiased. Now I have the feeling you're thinking Mobile tournaments will have more strength in the upcoming updates. As far as that goes, I'm not really sure.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I was really happy with how the characters tended to fit the mold for each particular person.

Like the two Klaviers and the Bill_/Will_ dynamic.

And the fact that Reflex is the badguy and it's up to Elev8 to defeat him.

And because I'm Edgeworth.
kola black as hell

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
o.o;; PR does tie?

And well we're just trying to get any system, to make the list a little bit more unbiased. Now I have the feeling you're thinking Mobile tournaments will have more strength in the upcoming updates. As far as that goes, I'm not really sure.
I know I'm certainly not worried about playing anyone below 5 on the PR. I know I could lose, but I'm confident I have the ability to knock them out. I certainly don't present myself as the best player down here either. Yeah, I'm confident that we can do well and I've talked with the guys and they want to travel around more, but I would hate to have a point system that would heavily favor players in middle Alabama.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Heh, I see.

I've seen you play :p I'd like to see what you and the other Mobile players can do.

We'll see if we cant get a little love to Mobile and southern AL players.

and yes Billy would be a great choice for new Panel member. o: but does he want it?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Alright we now have 5, <.<;; and having that Billy will be mostly GA this summer then the members get at least a image of what they wanted when they said "PUT A GA *Kismet* PLAYER IN THERE".

Now, our next project will be getting a system after we have 2 more votes from the current panel *Munkus&Reflex* confirming Billy's addition.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Uhm, you're doin it wrong.

The panel is the part you're supposed to have everyone elect. Not that I think it'll make a big difference unless George really wants to be on it. Having the panel elected by everyone is what makes it democratic, not having the panel select itself.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Vis a vis, the transitive property, if a person can't be on the PR, they can't be a panelist.

Likewise, if they can be on the PR, they can be a panelist.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Vis a vis, the transitive property, if a person can't be on the PR, they can't be a panelist.

Likewise, if they can be on the PR, they can be a panelist.
That doesn't make any sense.

If an olympic judge isn't eligible to win the gold, then they can't be a judge.

If a juror isn't also the defendant, then they can't be on the jury.

It seems to me that impartiality means they have no stake in the outcome either way.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
oh god no
none of this stuff again.

Simple new answer.
We were ignorant, so we're giving you all the chance to give Billy a chance at being at the new panel. All in favor say something.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I don't mind Billy being a panelist. That sounds fine to me. I'm just disagreeing with Munkus about having to be eligible for the PR to be a panelist.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
That doesn't make any sense.

If an olympic judge isn't eligible to win the gold, then they can't be a judge.

If a juror isn't also the defendant, then they can't be on the jury.

It seems to me that impartiality means they have no stake in the outcome either way.
Oh look, an unrelated analogy. I could bring up senators having to live in the state they represent, or voters having to live in their state, etc. etc. Also that Kismet has friends and thus wouldn't be totally impartial.

You say he would be totally impartial. I say he wouldn't have enough of a stake in it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
About time you guys finally got a PR together!

Congrats to elev8 for getting 2nd!

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I think he would be more impartial than people who are tempted to put themselves higher up. He might also have a better perspective. And it is a related analogy.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
You don't think that people can be impartial about themselves?

You can look at our current list and tell me who isn't being impartial about themself, since your claim is he would be more impartial than the people on our list.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.< though we're not sure if he's being serious or not I'll add Slam to the voting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom